[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shackleberry

Is there anywhere where we can share presets or colonists? I always struggle to decide what colonists to use.

It would be nice to be able to get some pre-made "medic", "cook", "farmer" colonists that can just be tweaked.

nmid

yea.. I'm looking forward to someone more creative, making a firefly/serenity team.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

DirtyDusty

Love this so damn much! thank you so much for all your work and effort! sorry to ask though, is there a way to add more than 10 colonists to start with? i know it may be asking for a bit much, but i'd really like to start the game with a bunch of people i know. i'd probably even start recording the whole play through. haha!

Avis

Quote from: DirtyDusty on June 20, 2015, 10:54:41 AM
Love this so damn much! thank you so much for all your work and effort! sorry to ask though, is there a way to add more than 10 colonists to start with? i know it may be asking for a bit much, but i'd really like to start the game with a bunch of people i know. i'd probably even start recording the whole play through. haha!

10 people is a bit much for the balance of the game.   ;D
Though it would make the first few days quite interesting,
i'll watch a play through of that for sure!
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

EdB

Quote from: DirtyDusty on June 20, 2015, 10:54:41 AM
is there a way to add more than 10 colonists to start with?

The issue with adding more than ten colonists is that I would need to rework the tab UI at the top.  As you add more colonists, there is less and less space for each colonist name.  I can look at it again, but I'm not sure that I'll be making any changes.

Demonlord091

The Dropbox you have for the newest version of the mod doesn't seem to work.

The Download button is grayed out and we're unable to actually download anything without it.

Anyone else seeing that or is it just me?

DirtyDusty

Understood, although i think that i should bring to your attention that Ive cheekily found a way around it, ive saved a group of people, gone into your EdB Prepare Carefully file in App Data, opened up my saved group, copied and pasted the pawn data, overridden the save and opened it again in game. I mean, it works, the tabs are functional, if not a bit small, which i see as no problem. Its just that when i try to start the game, a message pops up at the top left of the screen stating that "You cannot have more than 10 colonists."

Avis

Quote from: Demonlord091 on June 20, 2015, 10:37:27 PM

The Download button is grayed out and we're unable to actually download anything without it.

I believe i got around it by mashing the button.
Try clicking it 2 or 3 times.
Worked when i just tried.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

EdB

Quote from: Avsnoopy on June 21, 2015, 12:44:17 PM
Quote from: Demonlord091 on June 20, 2015, 10:37:27 PM

I believe i got around it by mashing the button.
Try clicking it 2 or 3 times.
Worked when i just tried.

Even though the button appears grayed out, clicking on it should still trigger the download.  I know the Dropbox prompt to create an account is a little annoying, but I personally prefer it the ad-driven download sites.

As an alternative, I always add the mod to the original post as an attachment--you'll find the link at the bottom of the message.  You do need to be logged in to the forums to see that link.

For some reason, the attachment link for the mod was removed for a little while--I must have forgotten to update it with the latest version.  I have fixed it, and it should be available again.

Kelian

This is seriously my favorite mod for Rimworld. I hope Tynan adds it to the offical release at some point. Great work!

Anonemous2

Please add a way to put in a number of an item your getting, other wise it can take hundreds of clicks to put in how many you want.
For Example I want to take with me lots of cloth, 300 or so I will need to click 300 times to put it in.

Beathrus

Quote from: Anonemous2 on June 22, 2015, 10:47:37 AM
Please add a way to put in a number of an item your getting, other wise it can take hundreds of clicks to put in how many you want.
For Example I want to take with me lots of cloth, 300 or so I will need to click 300 times to put it in.

You can click the 'number' between the increase and decrease arrows and drag the mouse towards which ever you want to do and it will rapidly increase or decrease depending on which side you drag the cursor after words.

Anonemous2

Quote from: Beathrus on June 22, 2015, 10:57:37 AM

You can click the 'number' between the increase and decrease arrows and drag the mouse towards which ever you want to do and it will rapidly increase or decrease depending on which side you drag the cursor after words.

Thanks That makes life a lot easier.

Beathrus

Quote from: Anonemous2 on June 22, 2015, 11:25:45 AM
Quote from: Beathrus on June 22, 2015, 10:57:37 AM

Thanks That makes life a lot easier.

Welcome, it works on traders too! Or any thing that has an incriminate and the 'choose number' thing like that.

RulerBrendan

So.... My character has a melee level of 40..... is that supposed to happen?
If you're ever feeling down. If you ever think all is lost. If you ever need something to help you succeed. Remember: Potato.