[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snownova

Quote from: andregerada on April 19, 2016, 06:19:33 AM
is anyone having the same problem where you don't get the colonists you created and get randomised ones ? it keeps happening for me , and I don't know why ? might there be a mod conflicting with it ? or is it a known bug ?

I've never had that happen. If you think it might be another mod, it would help if you post your mod list and the order in which they are loaded.

andregerada

This is my modlist and the order in which they are loading

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Lumaan

@andregerada - I'm not sure about the mods you use, I'm not using many of them.  But, you can search in the "Mods" folder for "MapGenerators.xml", if you find other beside in side "EdBPrepareCarefully" they will override "EdBPrepareCarefully"'s "MapGenerators.xml". If you change the loadorder so you get "EdBPrepareCarefully"'s "MapGenerators.xml" to override the other mods you'll lose what they do in the"MapGenerators.xml" they have.  :-\

chaotix14

@andregerada -  My guess would be that upcrafter could be causing the problem. Since it might change the map generation to spawn it's own resources.

andregerada

moving EdBPrepareCarefully to the back seems to have fixed the issue .... now to see if there are any problems with upcrafter's setup . thanks for the quick replies guys :)

Lumaan

Quote from: andregerada on April 19, 2016, 09:19:04 AM
moving EdBPrepareCarefully to the back seems to have fixed the issue .... now to see if there are any problems with upcrafter's setup . thanks for the quick replies guys :)
What you can do is make a "Fix mod" where you combine(merge) the mods that use the "MapGenerators.xml" together. *Notepad++ with the plugin called "Combine" is a way to do that*

gillotte

Can't get the beta to work on my game and don't even get the button to appear. Had it appear once but it didn't open the menu.

warden

The A13 beta crashes my game right after i have finished customizing my dudes. Tested with and without other mods, as soon as i remove the beta, the game works fine. No idea how some people get it working?

Malachi_Draven

Quote from: andregerada on April 19, 2016, 07:04:34 AM
This is my modlist and the order in which they are loading

Slightly off topic, but how did you get your mod list to show up in non-alphabetical order? My mod list just adds a number to designate their order, but actually moving them up/down in a list would be much easier to organize, as I have just as many mods as you do.

Edit: Nevermind, I just google'd it and found EdB's mod order mod. EdB has got the best mods! :)

BMS

Quote from: warden on April 19, 2016, 01:52:10 PM
The A13 beta crashes my game right after i have finished customizing my dudes. Tested with and without other mods, as soon as i remove the beta, the game works fine. No idea how some people get it working?

I have no problems using mod order - EdB colony bar - EdB recycle and rt storage and prepare carefully (loaded last) haven't tried it just with EdB-PC but then again I didn't play 13 until PC was beta so for all I know vanilla wont work.
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Vee

Quote from: warden on April 19, 2016, 01:52:10 PM
Same here. But I believe my reason is that the beta just doesn't work with linux yet. Crashes even when the only mod. I've posted a crashlog before, where the problematic function is shown in a stacktrace.
V

Severik

hi, i´ve noticed something thats a bit too much of a cheat.

my wife was creating a new colony and we´re using this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 with some others and ur´s. it adds the "Robot" Trait which is pretty imba with +100 mood and psycho influenz etc.

would be nice if u could do something to vorbid this trait from character creation.

calmatt

I'll try in the order you posted but I've been having trouble getting them to work, and yea mad skills is the mod I use.

lbee

Hi, I confirm that EdB Prepare Carefully not compatibility with Colony Manager V2, try to remove it first.

MrUlysses

So I'm having a bit of an issue. My Prepare Carefully button has vanished from any new game I start, but worked previously. I checked my mod directory to make sure I hadn't done something to it in a drunken stupor, and it's all fine.