[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Just so people are aware this isnt a straight update the code and itll work type deal, thisl need a huge refactor to get it compatible with the new scenario system. A LOT of work.

edit - missed edbs post lol, well that makes things slightly easier.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Zapp Brannigan

Thanks for all your work EdB, I've been using your mods since I first time I loaded up rimworld. Thank you for uploading an alpha14 update.

Now I know the update is buggy, but I am hoping someone will know a fix to my problem. I am trying to create a game with 5 maxed out survivors, however once I get in it seems to randomly disable some skills. Its different every game and different pawns, it happens even with just 1 pawn sometimes. Its almost like it is randomly selecting other backgrounds after the fact.

Note that the pawn should have 19 stats for everything (I thought maybe I had the stats set to high and was bugging out) and it should have nothing disabled, but the combat stats and research are blanked.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

LadyAth

@Zap Brannigan:  I got that as well, but just save your game, quit RimWorld and load it again.  All pawns appear fine afterwards.

Zapp Brannigan

Quote from: LadyAth on July 17, 2016, 10:35:15 AM
@Zap Brannigan:  I got that as well, but just save your game, quit RimWorld and load it again.  All pawns appear fine afterwards.

Worked 100% thanks very much LadyAth!

theaetetus

Decided to drop in and pile on the support.

Prepare Carefully fixed the biggest shortcoming of the game. It fixed my largest pet peeve and then went the extra mile with the points system.

If you don't continue it, I understand. We all have things we want to do with our lives. I hope you do, but thank you anyway for all the hours and frustration you saved me. :>

Mozleron

As a Dev myself, I totally understand burn out.  I seriously hope this mod gets included into Core sometime soon, but until then, I greatly appreciate all the work you've done on this (and all of your other) essential mod(s).

EdB

Quote from: LadyAth on July 17, 2016, 10:35:15 AM

I've made a fix that I believe resolves this issue:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

ShadowGX

Thank you so much for making an A14 version. I played using it for hours last night and had no issues. <3

Good luck to those of you who pick up the project going forward, this mod is super important to the community so hopefully someone is able to make it work!

Zakhad

Prepare carefully has to be the singularly most important mod out there for me, I would agree with the suggestion to take a break from modding/maintaining this as it can get tedious sometimes. You just need a fresh outlook on modding! There are so many games out there that need people like you who can add so much to a community. Try out some other games for a while, and maybe it'll re spark your interest. I honestly can't give you anymore admiration or respect in the way you've chosen to deal with your situation. Not many people are willing to give up on such a feat of modding after all the effort they've put into it.

There's one example I can think of; a modder who'd lost interest but regained it after modding other games.

I don't know if anyone knows this guy, but he goes by the name of FlowerChild. He was one of the earliest minecraft modders, who did a mod called "better than wolves". Now regardless of what has happened with the mod that's not my point, he had gone to various other games such as: 7 days to die "better than giant bee's" Kerbal space program "better than starting manned" and was able to rekindle his interest in the original mod through modding other games. There's a good chance that it might happen to you, best wishes regardless and thank you again for all you've done.

Grynnreaper

EdB maybe you and the other big modders can sort of team up so that some of you can take a break while the active team members keep the mods working even if they are not adding anything but compatibility?

Voqar

Totally crushing.

IMO this functionality should be part of the game (ala DF) since screwing around randomly rerolling forever to get a good starting 3 is just brutal - least enjoyable part of the game.

Asero

Before EDB Prep came out the only way was to edit the actual save files yourself. It was a huge headache and easy to mess things up if your not especially careful ;)

Guess it's going to be tough going back to the old ways again.

TheNewTeddy

Would the OP allow me (or someone else) to take over the mod and upload it to the workshop? The game is hell without this mod, and I'd rather dump hours of my own life just to be able to make this game fun again, than see this mod die.
sig

silverskin

Thanks for all the mods EdB. You did great work.
I can't play Rimworld without Prepare Carefully. It's just become too essential. I also get more attached to the pawns when I've personally created them and then it becomes all the more tragic when they suffer. You really try your best to keep them alive because they're your colonists, rather than a trio of randoms who you don't mind replacing when more skilled guys wander in. I would argue it's the real Rimworld experience.
Hopefully Ty will find some way to include it in his new scenario system, some day.

Cefwyn

Any idea why I keep on starting with random guys, even after setting up my own toons? Using 14 beta 2 on Steam Version.