[MOD] (Alpha 7) Natural Terrain Flooring

Started by AHare, October 02, 2014, 03:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHare

A couple mostly aesthetic mods for small things that annoyed me and that I can fix.

Natural Terrain Flooring

Adds the natural terrain as a flooring option. Allows you to build floors made of sand, soil, gravel, stone, and mud. They're like normal terrain, so you can farm on the soil, and even make smooth stone floors over the rough stone floor. Takes 10 stone per square, but 15 for the rough stone flooring.

Also adds water options, allowing you to make your own lake! Deep water works slightly different than vanilla, allowing mobs to swim through it at 15% of their normal speed. Building these takes a bit more, with 25 stone and 5 metal for shallow water, and 50 stone and 10 metal for deep water.

Natural Terrain Flooring
A7 1.2

• Made vanilla deep water to be swimmable, at 15% normal speed
  • Made deep and shallow water build-onable, so now you can have a house on the lake!
  • Made mud build-onable.
  • Added restricters to most of the vanilla buildings. This means you can't build solar panels or batteries in the middle of deep water. This may be overrided by other mods that change the vanilla stuff, I'm not sure.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: AHare on October 02, 2014, 03:24:24 AM
Besides, I think these should work for A7 anyway.
They don't. Activating them kills the gui, and by extension, the game.
Far too much has changed between A6 and A7 that even simple mods (IE: My Target Practise Mod that adds 1 item) must be made specifically for A7 otherwise they will not work correctly or at all.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I do like the idea of symmetrical cryosleep pods. I'll definitely use that when you've updated it for A7. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

AHare

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 02, 2014, 03:36:41 AM
They don't. Activating them kills the gui, and by extension, the game.
Far too much has changed between A6 and A7 that even simple mods (IE: My Target Practise Mod that adds 1 item) must be made specifically for A7 otherwise they will not work correctly or at all.
Ah. Well, that's crap but completely understandable. Will fix soon.

MelanisticAlbino

I'd love a mod that let's you place water and bridges... although I suspect that water is hardcoded.

Jaxxa

Igabod

The terrain flooring part is exactly what I have been looking for. I even just posted a mod request for it the other day on these forums. Guess I'll post a link to this on there. Thanks so much. I've still never actually fully built a ship yet so I am not quite as excited about the cryo pods but I'm pretty sure that would be a big complaint for me as well if I ever got that far along before a million raiders smash me.

AHare

Okay, decided to say screw it and updated to A7. I also made the floors work more like the natural stuff, so you can farm on it now! And I added mud, and swimmable water, which is kind of buggy because you can build everything on it but, eh, I'm too sleep deprived to fix that now.

Visitor000

I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

AHare

Hmm. Did some testing, and it seems that my extra sleep pod doesn't actually count towards the needed pods. If you have just the modded one then you can't launch a ship, and I don't know why. Doesn't look like anything that specifically calls it out in the .dll source, but I don't know C at all so I'm probably missing it.

Rex705

Can you make it possible to place the floor tiles over mud so I can be rid of this nasty stuff?

AHare

Quote from: Rex705 on October 02, 2014, 10:24:53 PM
Can you make it possible to place the floor tiles over mud so I can be rid of this nasty stuff?
Yes!
Updated the main post. I changed a bit, made some things unbuildable in deep water because they just don't make sense. But in doing that I had to edit all the vanilla Building_* files, so I think that might make it incompatible with any mods that modify those buildings. Don't know how to fix that. I'm just happy I figured out placementrestricters.

Drahkon

Haven't looked at any of the files myself so I have no idea how it's set up. Can you create  a custom flooring type that doesn't have the water/mud restrictions without editing those files? If that's the case you could add a 'fill' flooring that can be placed over water/mud and then they can place normal flooring over that.

InfiniteRemnant

why not modify concrete floors so they can be built over water/mud but nothing else can, then you build on top of that? basically whatever you build would need a foundation.

Cause as-is, i can't use this due to multiple mods trying to overwrite beds causing odd behavior.

Also, any chance the jungle specific terrains can be added to this?

AHare

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on October 12, 2014, 04:55:41 PM
why not modify concrete floors so they can be built over water/mud but nothing else can, then you build on top of that? basically whatever you build would need a foundation.
To build anything on water or mud, I still have to modify the water/mud, which makes everything buildable on them. If I want to restrict it to just concrete I'd have to limit everything else the same way I am now, so I'd be changing even more stuff.

Cause as-is, i can't use this due to multiple mods trying to overwrite beds causing odd behavior.
Which mods? I can make some compatibility files for them.

Also, any chance the jungle specific terrains can be added to this?
Yeah, will work on that later.