[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Vas

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 23, 2014, 02:23:25 AMYeah, that was not easy to understand, I just updated that page to make it a bit easier.

Don't edit the Core game files, if you want to change them copy it into a new mod and edit it there.

So how come you didn't include the core game plants modded with this?  We have to do all the work?  I checked the XML in the directory of this particular mod, and it contains the core game's plants, but as I said, it doesn't work.  Throws off a lot of errors and makes planting impossible.  Why did you include the plant XML file if you didn't change the values that needed changing?

Plants_Cultivated.xml
-- <ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase"> ?
No, that doesn't seem right.  Your example says <thingClass>.  I'm trying to find a file with that inside it.

Comparing it to the original, at the top of your file you have
    <thingClass>Enhanced_Defence.Plants24H.Plant</thingClass> insteadof "plant".  So you already modified the game's original plants.  Yes?  So, your mod doesn't work.  Unless, you're saying we need to copy this thingClass to all the plants inside your own XML file?  Which I don't think is true, because the top is supposed to be a template for all the rest below, any values you leave out should be copied to the items below, right?

I'm rather confused.
Does this particular part of the mod work with just installing it and loading it after the ED Core?  If you aren't using ANY mods that add new plants.  So you just use potatoes and strawberries for example.  If so, then my message about errors earlier is still valid because it didn't work.  I have the mod that makes a mod order screen and it is at the end of the ED load list.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Reysuke

Quote from: Vas on November 23, 2014, 03:50:28 AM
Quote from: Jaxxa on November 23, 2014, 02:23:25 AM-Snip-
I had the same problem. also made me crazy.
But this works. i just had to uncheck all mods and check them all new after one other (i did 1 after 1 to check where it went wrong.)
After this it worked fine. if you want other plants just check the page befor. i tested it with the herbs from apothecarius and it works.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Vas on November 23, 2014, 03:50:28 AM
snip
Editing the xml files should only be for if you want more plants that I have not done.

Have you read the FAQ Page?
It should show you how to fix the errors you are getting, if not it will show you how to log an issue and include the log files.

https://github.com/jaxxa/RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence/wiki/FAQ-Problems

Quote from: Reysuke on November 23, 2014, 11:01:58 AM
I had the same problem. also made me crazy.
But this works. i just had to uncheck all mods and check them all new after one other (i did 1 after 1 to check where it went wrong.)
After this it worked fine. if you want other plants just check the page befor. i tested it with the herbs from apothecarius and it works.

Yes, that would be the load order issue and that is one of the ways to fix it.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 23, 2014, 03:17:49 AM
Quote from: Jaxxa on November 22, 2014, 10:41:31 PM
Strange, did they come down in droppods or do they just spawn?
Yep, landed right near shield and trading beacons, i've checked shield settings and everything was adjusted right. I'm also seen trading droppods goes through, with Intercepting on, but rarely.
Maybe there is some sort of "checkpoint" of this mechanics, that require spawn droppods normally (after loading game) and only after that it start working, which leads to first droppods lands freely regardless of settings?
Also, is i'm understand it right, that Intercepting feature annihilates droppods at moment their spawn, not even shadow of a landing droppod should be seen?

They should land first and then be instantly destroyed.

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 23, 2014, 09:06:22 PM
They should land first and then be instantly destroyed.
Intercepting does make them 'explode' instead of 'spawn unit', yeah?
That explains why i was able to turn off Intercepting after trading droppods was already on their way.
That also add to that "not intercepted droppods" situation one more news - changing settings should affect already spawned, but not landed pods, and there was a situation, when i've turned Interception ON after message about "jumped on top of you", but enemy landed just fine.

That sort of looks like game mechanics require first droppods to land and decline to any external effects on them, maybe it's just got "resetted" on loading save, and game thinks that just first colonists arrives, which is hard-coded.

Gotcha! One screen that better than thousand words.
Options was ON all the time, those are first droppods after loading game, "jumped on top of you" event.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Kulverstukass

Another one, and i'm not even sure that they are first "droppodders" in this game session.

This feature has more passed invasions than prevented, at least for me.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Iwillbenicetou

I was testing around, and when I tried to do the personal shield, it came up with a error, "can't find pawn type," or something like that. Any help?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Raufgar

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on December 08, 2014, 11:04:49 PM
I was testing around, and when I tried to do the personal shield, it came up with a error, "can't find pawn type," or something like that. Any help?

If I remember correctly, it was mentioned previously that EB:PE replaces the default colonist pawn type with a new one that can generate shields, so any other mod that also does this or amends the default pawn type will conflict with EB:PE. Not sure if this is the issue in your case or not...
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Raufgar

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on December 08, 2014, 11:11:51 PM
Like Edb Prepare Carefully?

That is possible, I can't confirm exactly since I also have been having issues with this mod. Will test.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Jaxxa

Are you getting these issues when you first start the game or when you actually try to upgrade a colonist?

If it is when you start the game it could be that it is not installed correctly (not loading the core mod first).

Also do you get this issue without any other mods installed?

webkilla

can't wait for this mod to be updated to alpha8

...I just can't play this game without the shields!

Clibanarius

I can't wait, either. There are so many good toys in ED that I have come to rely upon, not just the Browning manned turret.

Jaxxa

I have updated the mod to the new Alpha.
Give it a go and let me know if you find any problems.

Jaxxa

Looks like there is a bug with the trade beacon from the display radius module not working.