[MOD] (Alpha 7) Immersive Rim 1.5.1 hotfix Insta-Conduit

Started by Aristocat, October 17, 2014, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DracoGriffin

Other than spelling errors; could you add compatibility with T's Mods v1.4.2 (Crops, Floors, Cotton Tweaks and Much More!) and Extended Stoneworking v1.0?

The recent update adding primitive weapons to Stonecutter table breaks compatibility with Extended Stoneworking and I think T Mod's ExpandedCrops is breaking CookStove's power requirements; it still requires power for me.

Also, noticed the Sun lamp battery hydroponic research needs to be updated on the name; see attached.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Aristocat

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 30, 2014, 02:16:26 AM
Other than spelling errors; could you add compatibility with T's Mods v1.4.2 (Crops, Floors, Cotton Tweaks and Much More!) and Extended Stoneworking v1.0?

The recent update adding primitive weapons to Stonecutter table breaks compatibility with Extended Stoneworking and I think T Mod's ExpandedCrops is breaking CookStove's power requirements; it still requires power for me.

Also, noticed the Sun lamp battery hydroponic research needs to be updated on the name; see attached.

Thanks for report! Compatible patches has been added.

I'm fixing label/description errors(I've just noticed sun hydroponic and sun battery hydroponic also has same label, not just research. #yolo, sun lamp with battery cost plasteel by the way.)

Do you have anything else to report?

Edit : does colonists prefer simple meal over packaged? I think I changed quality of meal in one of early patch and that seems made it that way, can anyone confirm?

DracoGriffin

They did in update 1.2.6; I haven't had sufficient time to test 1.3.1.

I'll make sure to report any other issues!
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Riccars

Could you dummy-proof your post by telling people they have to be logged in to see the attachment link? It took me a while to figure that out.

Aristocat

Updated. I spent most time with weaponry and it's kinda quite bit satisfying. Significantly reduced cooldown of weapons, now they no longer "stuck" after shoot or throw grenade(except some weapon), move speed penalty is now more significant, apparently 0.2 wasn't %, now it should 7 more time slower.

Added Immersive Thought. Tweak things I thought ridicule, and now there's more reason to eat proper meal.

Hydroponic fertility has been reduced for balance.

I think I'll start work on Immersive body. Swap arms with logs, install potato, more healthy limbs, better bionic, surgery require medic skill, maybe warhammer40k stuffs(multi-lungs, second heart, etc)

millenium

hmmm....

so your the one, THAT GAVE CENTIPEDES ROCKET POWERED SCOOTERS!!!

seriously they are way to fast now early game large map my base is whipped out before the scythes even get within firing range.

in all seriousness i do appreciate the changes to the game making it more difficult its just the centipedes are too fast now. they should keep up to but not outrun scythes.

Nopkar

Quote from: Aristocat on November 02, 2014, 07:41:06 AM
Updated. I spent most time with weaponry and it's kinda quite bit satisfying. Significantly reduced cooldown of weapons, now they no longer "stuck" after shoot or throw grenade(except some weapon), move speed penalty is now more significant, apparently 0.2 wasn't %, now it should 7 more time slower.

Added Immersive Thought. Tweak things I thought ridicule, and now there's more reason to eat proper meal.

Hydroponic fertility has been reduced for balance.

I think I'll start work on Immersive body. Swap arms with logs, install potato, more healthy limbs, better bionic, surgery require medic skill, maybe warhammer40k stuffs(multi-lungs, second heart, etc)

omg yes! redundant systems would be AWESOME. any way to force a colonist to 'sleep' with only half of the brain at a time to keep their working hours higher? (translates to slower loss of 'rest' stat over time).

Aristocat

Quote from: millenium on November 07, 2014, 09:39:30 PM
hmmm....

so your the one, THAT GAVE CENTIPEDES ROCKET POWERED SCOOTERS!!!

seriously they are way to fast now early game large map my base is whipped out before the scythes even get within firing range.

in all seriousness i do appreciate the changes to the game making it more difficult its just the centipedes are too fast now. they should keep up to but not outrun scythes.

Updated, now they will march with Scythers. Do you have any other complaints?

Centipedes has terrible accuracy, so against Minigun hide under wall, against Blast charger hide targeted colonist, Inferno cannon make colonists break out of cover so you should have way to prevent them from doing so. but best solution is acquire Power armors and sci-fi weapons(Minigun, Charged rifle/Lance, M8 Avenger, etc)

Quote from: Nopkar on November 07, 2014, 11:04:33 PM
omg yes! redundant systems would be AWESOME. any way to force a colonist to 'sleep' with only half of the brain at a time to keep their working hours higher? (translates to slower loss of 'rest' stat over time).

Not sure if possble but increase conscious might do it, maybe.

I'll increase limbs and torso hp so they'll more likely die from pain, while "something"(Not sure each bionic limbs/organs reduce pain or something specific thing. I'm not really good at warhammer 40k lore) reduce pain to 0 so they effectively become hulkish.

Something that reduce aim speed and increase accuracy(Does "Occulobe" helps aiming or is it only dark/light? maybe something like chip near eye also possible) so space marine(or bionic soldier) shoot around three time faster than normal colonist and far accurater.

Something that support brain so even if brain is damaged they can being conscious and they still survive without brain(but only survive) Sus-an membrane?

Not sure if possible but something that prevent psychotic break, something increase learning speed, etc.

Zael

Not to nip-pick, but seems like you might have forgot to upload Immersive Weaponry with the last update. I was really hoping to make those centipedes slow down. I was having issues where they would bug out, rubber band and basically teleport randomly from moving faster than the game can handle. The folder says 1.3.7 but the title post reads 1.3.8, am I missing something obvious?

Aristocat

Quote from: Zael on November 09, 2014, 01:25:32 AM
Not to nip-pick, but seems like you might have forgot to upload Immersive Weaponry with the last update. I was really hoping to make those centipedes slow down. I was having issues where they would bug out, rubber band and basically teleport randomly from moving faster than the game can handle. The folder says 1.3.7 but the title post reads 1.3.8, am I missing something obvious?

Are you downloding bottom link that says "Download Immsive weaponry with Project armory" and downloading "Immersive Weaponry W Project armory 1.3.1.rar"?  I just tested link and it seems fine(it should contains Races_Mechanoid.) also I tested around 5~7 time and I haven't seen they teleporting.

Edit : I suppose bottom link and top link is confusing.. oh and feel free to nit-picking, I finding lots of odd prices and some weapon isn't well balanced.

Zael

I'm downloading the attached file, Immersive Rim 1.3.7.rar. It doesn't have the Immersive Weaponry folder in it. Also just checked the sendspace link, either does that. Last time I downloaded and updates was 1.3.5 and Weaponry was in it. Do I need to download project armory? Being version 1.3.1 led me to think that it was outdated, so I avoided it.

Aristocat

Quote from: Zael on November 09, 2014, 01:55:18 PM
I'm downloading the attached file, Immersive Rim 1.3.7.rar. It doesn't have the Immersive Weaponry folder in it. Also just checked the sendspace link, either does that. Last time I downloaded and updates was 1.3.5 and Weaponry was in it. Do I need to download project armory? Being version 1.3.1 led me to think that it was outdated, so I avoided it.

I separated link because Immersive weaponry + armory is too big but I'll integrate in next patch. Attach file will down due to file size

Some of armory weapon might integrate into weaponry for bit more variety, also maybe craftable in the table too.

Edit : Oh and if you're still have problem try download  attach file(Races_Mechanoid) into your Weaponry/Defs/ThingDefs.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Aristocat

Updated.. Now weapons should bit more appropriate, please comment if you find something is odd/not appropriate.

Also some mods has been integrated. I found it really annoying to build tables and tables just for glass or has 7k of other stone blocks but 0 stone block.

Also modern table research amount greatly reduced, now use gun.

This is colony I playing on extreme difficulty. I never used any tower or kill box.

Tip : Guerrilla tactic is very important. Charge blaster has long cooldown time after each burst, hide few colonists near wall to lure fire while other colonist deal damage.

Tip : Great bow is great. It's basically Charge lance, but for rea' proz(low accuracy = require high shoot skill).

Tip : Try to get power armor asap, and make hyperweaved shirt to get 90% protection(yes research skill is important for this).

Tip : NEVER melee scyther

Tip : Trigger happy + Power armor is awesome, use these talented gunners.

Xfortran

I'm getting missing textures for the modular table and the linkable stool.  Did I miss installing something?

Igabod

Quote from: Xfortran on November 11, 2014, 02:39:52 PM
I'm getting missing textures for the modular table and the linkable stool.  Did I miss installing something?

That's a bug with the vanilla game not the mod itself. Every time you open the mod menu you HAVE to quit to OS and restart Rimworld then you can start your game. Otherwise weird missing textures errors pop up. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next Alpha release.