[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BattleFate

Hi Minus,

For a future iteration, could you maybe allow us a way to repair generic torso damage? Maybe by having some sort of 'surrogate  torso' or whatnot for the replacement? I downloaded the 'natural surgery' mod and it didn't work (perhaps a compatibility issue with yours). I then editted yours to add it (and it works), but only as a repair of everything that's wrong with the pawn (if he has torso damage, you can repair his torso to 'reset' his body to mint condition). With my adjustment I didn't add new parts which were needed for the surgery. I was just tired of lugging around my 56 year old colonist with a bad back and frail torso with a cataract in one eye (she hobbled along as a snails pace).

On a side note, I cannot seem to add a leg to a colonist who had his leg blown off in combat. I removed the leg from a prisoner we got but could not subsequently add it after (to either the colonist or the newly hobbled prisoner). This may be because it's the save game where I was originally using the natural surgery mod as well as yours (and subsequently removed the natural surgery one), or something different altogether. I have not tried it on a new save game yet.

Any ideas?

Ykara

Quote from: Minus on February 25, 2015, 07:17:07 PM
Quote from: Ykara on February 25, 2015, 10:01:05 AM
It's not compatible with mine nor with the Cybernetic storm mod because all three change the Races_Humanoid def.
Just wanted to correct you on that, I've not changed the races def since version... 1.2? Recipe Nurse coming out fixed that issue. And really those other mods ought to be using the features added in Alpha 8 that let you add recipes to pawns from the recipe itself. I'm pretty damn shocked to hear that's not how those other mods work. Before now I only knew of this mod being incompatible with the old Bionics mod as that one removed a body part from the body def.
Well, I'm pretty damn shocked right now. How did you manage to install body parts without changing the Races_Humanoid? I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work in alpha 9.

And @BattleFate: It's not possible to replace a torso properly, because it removes everything that was installed on the body and doesn't allow you further body modification. So it's pretty unbalanced. But there are bionic spines in mine and the Cybernetic Storm mod that can't fix the bad back but make you move and work faster.

Asfalto

Ykara: so GlitterTech, this, and yours SHOULD be compatible (you just answered me on your thread they won't a can't be)

?

Ykara

Quote from: Asfalto on February 27, 2015, 12:33:35 PM
Ykara: so GlitterTech, this, and yours SHOULD be compatible (you just answered me on your thread they won't a can't be)

?
GlitterTech is not, because it modifies the Races_Humanoid like every other surgery mod and there isn't a fix yet. I could make one, but it looks like GlitterTech and EPOE use identical labels, so it would be quite confusing.
And I really don't have an idea whether this mod works or not, I've not tried it, but it definitely is not compatible with EPOE, because they use identical def names and benches. EPOE is Extended Surgery and Bionics with more content, so there isn't a reason to use both anyway.

DyDkaPro

Why i can't use crafted leg? i haven't selection at my colonist when i have 2 legs at my storage.
My colonist have wooden leg but walking is 0%.
Alpha 9d.

kremil1

Can you make a bionic that can regen wounds? For example: a heart that produces nanomachines which can close wounds?
Then you could have the description be: Some ninja asked: What the hell are you?! The man said: Nanomachines son.

Zeta Omega

Quote from: kremil1 on February 27, 2015, 03:25:29 PM
Can you make a bionic that can regen wounds? For example: a heart that produces nanomachines which can close wounds?
Then you could have the description be: Some ninja asked: What the hell are you?! The man said: Nanomachines son.
9/10 Crazy PMC owners approve this message

Akyla

First of all, great Mod!

However, I noticed the additional (non-vanilla) implants don't provide any bonuses in the latest version.
I then compared the mod files in the "HediffDefs" folder with another implant-mod and noticed that there were two differences:
<activities> vs <actMods>, and
<changeBy> vs <offset>

I changed both, after which the bonuses were applied successfully:

<HediffDef ParentName="AddedBodyPartBase">
    <defName>BionicEar</defName>
    <label>bionic ear implant</label>
    <addedBodyPart>
      <isBionic>true</isBionic>
      <isSolid>true</isSolid>
      <partEfficiency>1.0</partEfficiency>
      <spawnThingOnRemoved>BionicEar</spawnThingOnRemoved>
    </addedBodyPart>
  <modifiers>
    <actMods>
     <li>
      <activity>Hearing</activity>
      <offset>0.2</offset>
     </li>
    </actMods>
  </modifiers>
</HediffDef>

MsMeiriona

Akyla

I have no modding experience, but the changes work.

You can fix the problem quite easily; Find the HediffDefs folder, which has two files. In each file, change each "activities" to "actMods" and "changeBy" to "offset".

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Akyla on February 28, 2015, 05:13:43 PM
I have no modding experience, but the changes work.

You can fix the problem quite easily; Find the HediffDefs folder, which has two files. In each file, change each "activities" to "actMods" and "changeBy" to "offset".
are we talking one change in two files or a mass find-replace?

Akyla

See the code I posted above, this is the entire entry defining the effect of the ear implant. The part

<actMods>
     <li>
      <activity>Hearing</activity>
      <offset>0.2</offset>
     </li>
    </actMods>

was changed.

This needs to be done once for each new implant. Find+replace for each file and you're done - but since I can't open it in Word I had to do it manually and it took just a bit longer.

MsMeiriona

a find+replace in notepad was done. Hopefully it works.

I've gotten into the habit of deleting all saves/worlds when I add/update mods anyway, so no real loss.

Asfalto

First: THANKS

Second: My biggest suggestion/request/plea is changing organ vats in something like a vegetable.
I mean: it would be REALLY cool to have them grow autonomously in 4-5 days in optimal conditions, and some "manutention" periodically.

?

Voideka

There's also the error:

"<baseCooldownTicks>90</baseCooldownTicks> doesn't correspond to any field type in VerbProperties."

Change baseCooldownTicks to defaultCooldownTicks to fix that.