[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

For some reason, after building a droid table, I can't add a bill.   No idea why. 

Edit: I figured it out, had to research a few more things.

Ratys

There wasn't a response in two hours, so for those as impatient as me...

Regarding the issue I posted earlier: adding this bit to ResourceBase type in DriodSpawner.xml seems to fix that. I have no idea if it breaks anything (though it shouldn't), so use at your own risk. You know, until Mipen makes an official patch.

<thingCategories>
      <li>Items</li>
    </thingCategories>

So the file should look something like this:

<ThingDef Name="ResourceBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingClass>ThingWithComponents</thingClass>
    <label>unspecified resource</label>
    <category>Item</category>
    <eType>Item</eType>
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Items</li>
    </thingCategories>
    <resourceReadoutPriority>Middle</resourceReadoutPriority>

Funny I am yet to actually play, something came up and I had to dash without even starting a colony :P

Dragoon

Is there a way to make it so droids don't explode?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

leted

Quote from: Dragoon on March 03, 2015, 06:32:59 AM

I haven't played the patch yet, so I'm not sure if the new patch is borked, but generally, you recharge a droid on buildable, researchable recharge pads (in fact, it is a requirement before you can research droids). As long as the droids can charge themselves, they should not explode.

Dragoon

Quote from: leted on March 03, 2015, 10:41:35 AM

I haven't played the patch yet, so I'm not sure if the new patch is borked, but generally, you recharge a droid on buildable, researchable recharge pads (in fact, it is a requirement before you can research droids). As long as the droids can charge themselves, they should not explode.

I mean combat droids.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

mipen

Quote from: Ratys on March 03, 2015, 05:10:58 AM
Quote from: mipen on March 03, 2015, 04:48:30 AM
I have finally finished updating the mod to Alpha 9! :D let me know if you find any issues

Woo! Now I can pause pretending to mod and play for a while.

As for issues, adding MD2 caused EdB Prepare Carefully to throw a ArgumentNullException. Digging in the thread:

Quote from: skullywag on February 21, 2015, 02:39:36 PM
EdB, mean anything to you?

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[ThingCategoryDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.CreateEquipmentEntry (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.AddThingDef (Verse.ThingDef def, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.BuildEquipmentLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_CharMaker..ctor (Boolean generateColonists) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.MenusUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Wait....the thingCategory.....

edit - yep got it was missing:

<thingCategories>
      <li>Grenades</li>
    </thingCategories>

from those mods

Quote from: skullywag on February 22, 2015, 07:41:23 AM
Are you guys getting the "source cannot be null" error?

Tomahawk and PODs have been fixed, redownload if you havent. If you are seeing the above issue a mod has forgotten to add thingcategories, its a case of adding mods 1 by 1 to find the one that does it.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll get a fix up soonish

DarkTemplarlord

MisterLock

Are you gonna take the time to read the comments that gathered up while you were busy?Mine is somewhere in there,mentioning clay again....(This is my third post about it,you can tell I really want brick stuff)
To each his own.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mipen

Quote from: Dragoon on March 03, 2015, 10:55:36 AM
Quote from: leted on March 03, 2015, 10:41:35 AM

I mean combat droids.
No sorry, all droids are hordcoded to explode upon death or being knocked unconscious

Quote from: skullywag on March 03, 2015, 06:18:00 PM
Ha you got caught with that one to eh Mipen. :)
You mean the problem with EdB?

Quote from: MisterLock on March 03, 2015, 03:12:50 PM
Are you gonna take the time to read the comments that gathered up while you were busy?Mine is somewhere in there,mentioning clay again....(This is my third post about it,you can tell I really want brick stuff)
Yes! I'm sorry I've been really slack on that and I know I keep promising it and it is in the list, it might just take some time D:

Quote from: Ratys on March 03, 2015, 06:29:16 AM
There wasn't a response in two hours, so for those as impatient as me...

Regarding the issue I posted earlier: adding this bit to ResourceBase type in DriodSpawner.xml seems to fix that. I have no idea if it breaks anything (though it shouldn't), so use at your own risk. You know, until Mipen makes an official patch.

<thingCategories>
      <li>Items</li>
    </thingCategories>

So the file should look something like this:

<ThingDef Name="ResourceBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingClass>ThingWithComponents</thingClass>
    <label>unspecified resource</label>
    <category>Item</category>
    <eType>Item</eType>
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Items</li>
    </thingCategories>
    <resourceReadoutPriority>Middle</resourceReadoutPriority>

Funny I am yet to actually play, something came up and I had to dash without even starting a colony :P
Yup, that'll do it. Looks like Edb forgot to do a null reference check for that! :P I've fixed it and it'll come out in the next update

Quote from: stalker6625 on March 03, 2015, 05:26:56 AM
Yessss !
i am at work checking for the 100 times this forum posts... and finally you made it ! Thanks a lot for this update which looked difficult to work for you and the code rewriting . Thanks again for this excellent mod and your time spent on it !  ;D ;D
Thanks a lot for your patience and support! It means a lot to hear that people are enjoying my work :)

skullywag

Edb fixed it so it doesnt error so badly. Might be the people above werent up to date.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

nuschler22

Really enjoying the mod.

One minor annoyance.  I'm using EDB interface and I like to rename the droids since the name is so long. 

Sometimes I can do it, and other times it's blocked for some reason.  Also, when I rename them to something shorter, after I reload the save, they are back to the full length names for some reason. 

wyattray

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 04, 2015, 10:50:04 AM
Really enjoying the mod.

One minor annoyance.  I'm using EDB interface and I like to rename the droids since the name is so long. 

Sometimes I can do it, and other times it's blocked for some reason.  Also, when I rename them to something shorter, after I reload the save, they are back to the full length names for some reason.

Agree, this can be kinda annoying.  Idk if its EDB or MD2

mipen

That'll be on my end. I'll get a fix for that as soon as I can

Blazergong

Did anyone say this mod and edb prepare carefully don't work together and i just didn't get it? otherwise, im can't use prepare carefully when MD2 is enabled