[MOD] (Alpha 8) Roof Support v0.8.3 (21-12-2014)

Started by Nommy, November 16, 2014, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grynnreaper

Epyk

Nommy, the author, hasn't been around since January 6th.

I'm hoping for an update however.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Sadler

Quote from: Grynnreaper on February 23, 2015, 10:11:16 PMIs this getting updated for 9?
In fact, it already works nice with alpha 9 because there is no dlls or other a9-incompatible elements. Of course, you can change target game version inside about.xml to soothe your perfectionism or something ;)

Epyk

Quote from: Sadler on February 24, 2015, 12:14:27 AM
Quote from: Grynnreaper on February 23, 2015, 10:11:16 PMIs this getting updated for 9?
In fact, it already works nice with alpha 9 because there is no dlls or other a9-incompatible elements. Of course, you can change target game version inside about.xml to soothe your perfectionism or something ;)

That's what I noticed after taking a look at it.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Sadler

Although I found one little error: XML error: <filthLeavings><SlagRubble>1</SlagRubble></filthLeavings> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef. Maybe it must be replaced with: <filthLeaving>BuildingRubble</filthLeaving>

curi0

Quote from: Sadler on February 24, 2015, 03:34:36 AM
Although I found one little error: XML error: <filthLeavings><SlagRubble>1</SlagRubble></filthLeavings> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef. Maybe it must be replaced with: <filthLeaving>BuildingRubble</filthLeaving>
That seems to do the trick!

Btw, does anyone know how to increase the radius of the roof support? I changed the value of <specialDisplayRadius> from 5 to 12, but as the tag suggest it only affect the radius display, not the real support radius.

TracerFox

Quote from: curi0 on February 27, 2015, 01:12:16 PMBtw, does anyone know how to increase the radius of the roof support? I changed the value of <specialDisplayRadius> from 5 to 12, but as the tag suggest it only affect the radius display, not the real support radius.

I'm no expert, but that sounds like the kind of thing you'd need a dll edit to accomplish, since I suspect that the actual support radius might be hard-coded normally.  Either that, or it's tied to the base wall defs, in which case you could either edit *all* walls support radius, or make a new basedef and parent the roof pillar to that one.

curi0

I see.. I already had a look at base wall def and there doesn't seem to be anything that resemble it's support radius other than holdsRoof:true attribute. So yeah, it probably coded somewhere in BuildingBase parent class or something. Thanx for the insight, tho!

Match

Match

I am pleased to say that this works with alpha 10.

Match

Changed the XML to reduce bugs. Should fully work with A10 now.

[attachment deleted due to age]

BangUDie

Cool, I too missed this mod so I also mucked around in the def file until I got it working....beat me to it

Fisty

Match

Updated to Alpha 14, uploaded to steam as well.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

eskoONE

Quote from: Match on July 19, 2016, 11:50:05 AM
Updated to Alpha 14, uploaded to steam as well.

man i was searching for this mod for a14 for like an hour. u should make a new thread maybe?