[A12] Suicide Bomb (12-09-2015) Time bomb added!!! Hotfix!!!

Started by eatKenny, November 25, 2014, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

It blew up a stone wall, a stone door, the structure (slate) of the mountain atound it, all the power cables giving energy to the turrets around there, some of the turrets (that weren't working anyhow).
Good thing I over prepare, so I fell back to the second line of defense.
No colonists lost, but was a close call. I tought it to have the range of a turret's explosion, albeit more powerful; I was badly mistaken.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

eatKenny

Quote from: Wex on November 27, 2014, 07:24:33 AM
It blew up a stone wall, a stone door, the structure (slate) of the mountain atound it, all the power cables giving energy to the turrets around there, some of the turrets (that weren't working anyhow).
Good thing I over prepare, so I fell back to the second line of defense.
No colonists lost, but was a close call. I tought it to have the range of a turret's explosion, albeit more powerful; I was badly mistaken.

wow, i never thought anyone will download the "b" version, you are very brave bro.

enemies with suicide bomb are nightmare in this version, they run fast and are almost bulletproof and will easily destroy your frontline when they detonate the bomb.

Wex

One thing is amiss.
One of them, bomb runners - I started calling them bomb f***ers - started detonating a bomb on one of mu now called "decoy turrets", built admist nothingness.
BF cancels the detonation when the turret goes off by his friends' gunfire. How comes?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

eatKenny

Quote from: Wex on December 01, 2014, 02:39:31 AM
One thing is amiss.
One of them, bomb runners - I started calling them bomb f***ers - started detonating a bomb on one of mu now called "decoy turrets", built admist nothingness.
BF cancels the detonation when the turret goes off by his friends' gunfire. How comes?
Before detonation there is a 0.5s warmup, if the target, in your case the turret, is destroyed during warmup then the detonation will be cancelled.

Wex

How lucky I am!
Aside from that, the only issue I found, is the bomb sometimes ignites stone surfaces. I tought they were not flamable.
Good job anyway! :)
    Harlan Ellison

Ded1

Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

FuzzieMann

eatKenny

oh yes that's the orignal concept.

PS to all: you can always change the detonation sound to whatever you like(national anthem, Justin Bieber's single etc.) by replacing "Beep.wav" in Mods\Suicide Bomb\Sounds (should be a WAV file and rename the new soundclip to "Beep.wav")

eatKenny

updated to Alpha 8, removed bullet protection due to core game change. so wear some good amor when you rush into enemies.

Iwillbenicetou

Did not know there was bullet protection. No wonder my guy called bomb boy didn't die before he was "missing" :E
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

eatKenny

DarkTemplarlord

How to get suicide bombs? Do i need buy them trough traders?

eatKenny

TheSilencedScream

This should be an enemy attack event - have them pick a wall to try to blow up, to get around killboxes.

That would be awesome.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.