[MOD] (Alpha 8) IceSheet (Ice Biome, Now with water world!)(1.2a)

Started by iame6162013, December 10, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruin

My Wolfsies event is broken on A9.  Anyone else experiencing this with the current version of the mod?  Or, did I mix in a mod that disagrees with it? :)

popster99

Mathenaut

RemingtonRyder

There are a couple of minor little adjustments that you can do so that the mod works better in A9.

First of all, edit Biomes.xml in the BiomeDefs folder:

You'll want to make sure that the Diseases section reads like this:

<diseases>
      <li>
        <diseaseInc>Flu</diseaseInc>
        <mtbDays>140</mtbDays>
      </li>
    </diseases>

Also, navigate to the IncidentDefs folder. Disable the WolfsiesIncident by moving or deleting the file out of there.

That should be it.

SpaceDrunk

The mod works fine in Alpha 9 as far as I can tell, but is it even viable anymore? Since the fertilizer pump was removed, how can you possibly get the wood you need (beyond what you start with) for a lot of important workbenches?

Hayhorse

Quote from: SpaceDrunk on March 12, 2015, 10:56:23 AM
The mod works fine in Alpha 9 as far as I can tell, but is it even viable anymore? Since the fertilizer pump was removed, how can you possibly get the wood you need (beyond what you start with) for a lot of important workbenches?

How are we even sup-post to get wood in A10 if alpha beavers ate all the trees in every planet in the universe? Traders? NOPE they would have none too! I know traders can actually trade wood in A10 because of the no more planting trees thing.) I.E. Tynan make it so trees can still be sow-able in alpha 10 and we cant lose because our workbench's and wood were destroyed by mortars then alpha beavers ate all things wood so we all starved during winter without food.

Hayhorse

BTW there's also a mod now that lets us make rich soil or "tiled soil" halving the growth time of anything on it.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: SpaceDrunk on March 12, 2015, 10:56:23 AM

Er, well, you don't, basically.

I designed the Winter Is Here mod around there being a lack of wood available on the ice sheet. Most of the workbenches (except for Brewing, alas) can be bought in kit version from a trader and unpacked. Or, you can use Prepare Carefully to start off with some of them.

iame6162013

Guys I'm sorry for the lack of updates :(
I even had someone give me some art that I never putted in (by mrofa) I'm sorry for this.

It's just I can't work on it anymore at all!(personal/private reasons)
Occasionally I still have time to play rimworld, but I won't give an eta for when or if this mod will ever be updated again.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Mathenaut

This will be less of an issue toward A10 as the benches will start working with the stuffs system and not require wood.

Kaballah

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 12, 2015, 11:56:28 AM

Er, well, you don't, basically.

I designed the Winter Is Here mod around there being a lack of wood available on the ice sheet. Most of the workbenches (except for Brewing, alas) can be bought in kit version from a trader and unpacked. Or, you can use Prepare Carefully to start off with some of them.

There is also no reason you can't trade for wood.  I'm totally OK with not having access to every damn thing on every map!  :)

UMK

Rhadamant

Modding the Biome file and stripping out Wolfs worked for me. 7p7h generates a brutal ice sheet.