Late game corpse penalty is just way to severe.

Started by nuschler22, December 28, 2014, 02:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

It honestly makes me not want to play the game. 

That's fine that there is a ridiculous amount of raiders as the game goes on.  But when 20 of your 24 colonists go insane or leave the colony, it makes the game tedious and it feels like a giant let down. 

I've been pretty dedicated in playing this game, but to me this is game breaking and makes me want to stop playing until it's fixed.

lokarn

I agree completely. There needs to be a max stack for the debuff. Also there should be some sort of resilience to gaining the debuff over time. I mean if your colony is several years old by the time they get there they have all killed countless people. I would think they'd get past the whole OMG I shot someone trying to KILL ME for the 1000000th time.

Cimanyd

Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

nuschler22

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 28, 2014, 03:19:17 AM
Other discussions of this bug:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8236.0

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8390.0

I hate when people do this.  So, once it's been mentioned on a forum, it can never been be brought up again? 

I hope this forum doesn't denigrate into a bunch of self appointed forum police.

It always seems to be the people that never make topics, but just travel from post to post, too.

Edit:  Looking at your posts, I see you do this.  Travel into other people's topics and make comments like "I don't understand the point of this post" or criticizing people's comments.  Please stop.  This is a friendly forum. 

Gonorejus

Well you can "fix" this by having only psychos and bloodlusty colonists only.

nuschler22

How?  You really don't control what colonists you get.  Slave trader ships aren't all that common.  You can't exactly choose who you take as a prisoner, especially in early games. 

I had 29 (not 24, I miscounted) colonists and checking an earlier save I had one psychopath which means the odds of finding them are fairly remote considering I was neither avoiding nor looking for them specifically.  My psychopath was "Varkie" who just so happened only had three abilities, and he was talented at one of them (none of which were hauling, he was incapable of everything except art, 4, hunting, 12, and being a patient, lol). 

Gonorejus

Just use randomizer to get your first 3 psychos at the start of the game and don't capture anyone who's not a psycho. Yes, it will be hard at the start, but what else can you do?

nuschler22

Quote from: Gonorejus on December 28, 2014, 10:39:30 AM
Just use randomizer to get your first 3 psychos at the start of the game and don't capture anyone who's not a psycho. Yes, it will be hard at the start, but what else can you do?

Torture until they are made into psychos.

That.

That's what I can do.

Muahahahahahahahahahhaa....................

nuschler22

Seriously, though.  I guess that's the only thing. 

Maybe there is a way for someone to get into the game (or tell us how to do it) to limit the corpse penalty.

Listy

I'm aware of Jack 020's suggested fix:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8390.msg83755#msg83755

But does that actually work? Because I'm at that point which means its impossible to play my colony any further.

nuschler22

Quote from: Listy on December 28, 2014, 10:49:13 AM
I'm aware of Jack 020's suggested fix:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8390.msg83755#msg83755

But does that actually work? Because I'm at that point which means its impossible to play my colony any further.

From his screen shot, it looks like it does (4x-2=8, although there are many more than four boides).  I'll give it a try.  I'm starting a new colony so I'll post and let you know.  IF I can not break the game by doing it. Lol

Edit:  Looking at additional posts, it seems there is a hidden multiplier somewhere.  So, I don't know if fixing it would have any effect.  But I'll give it a try if I can find it.

Listy

Thanks... As you may have guessed I can handle simple coding but this advanced stuff is beyond my "Hit it with a hammer!" approach to computers.

nuschler22

Quote from: Listy on December 28, 2014, 11:23:03 AM
Thanks... As you may have guessed I can handle simple coding but this advanced stuff is beyond my "Hit it with a hammer!" approach to computers.

I downloaded a free xml editor from CNET (had to delete a forced installed program called PC Cleaner, but from what I can tell, it's gone and the reviews for the program were good for the xml editor). 

I followed Jack's information and gave it a test run with a forced raid.  I set it up for a maximum of three at -8 for a grand total of -24, plus the -3 for witnessing someone's death.  And then did a Bataan death march with all my colonists over the 20 or so dead bodies. 

It seems to work brilliantly.  I might tinker with the -8 and make it higher, but one of my pawns up and left the colony from being tired and hungry as well within the first ten seconds or so after my forced march.  That's fine for me.  I can handle two or three.  Or five. 

But 90 percent of them freaking out is too high. 

Listy

Ahhhh, so its not something I can Cut and paste together in a txt file then? I fear I may be a bit stuffed!

nuschler22

Quote from: Listy on December 28, 2014, 11:45:13 AM
Ahhhh, so its not something I can Cut and paste together in a txt file then? I fear I may be a bit stuffed!

It's not hard.  And you can cut and paste it.  It's rather easy to do. 

Just find a free xml editor of your choosing.  Cut and paste his code you linked.  And then change the "-2" to whatever you like.  I'd probably start around -8 or so and go from there.