[MOD] (A8) AlphaTweaks - Automatic Trade and Haul and more! (Updated 01/03/15)

Started by alphalol, December 28, 2014, 10:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feniks

Is there any chance unforbid to not overrule me manually forbidding items? For example I often forbid medicine when I want guys to use herbal instead but it unforbids itself when in home zone.

elStrages

Calico

I have to say, i love this mod. Especially after adding Apparello and more factions, i got more and more tangled in busy work of stripping corpses, selling stuff and clean up my base- After adding your mod, 90% of that is gone.

One question though: While the autotrader works like a charm even after adding project armory and apparello, there are a few items i can't add. Even stranger, most of them seem to be vanilla items. Scyther knife protrusions and Miniguns amongst them. Not a huge thing, but maybe you fix that if you ever plan on updating this one.

Dragonbored

In the screens, what is the mod that shows icons of your colonists in the top right?

SilverDragon

Quote from: Dragonbored on January 27, 2015, 01:27:44 PM
In the screens, what is the mod that shows icons of your colonists in the top right?

That would be the EdB Interface UI Mod, which you can find here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.0

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: Pez on January 04, 2015, 11:19:31 PM
Using this with the Apothacarius mod, when someone grabs a body and takes it to the Soylent Green machine, no stripping is done.  I know this is due to this action not being done as part of Hauling, but as part of Cooking. 

Just some rambling thoughts/questions - which mod would need an update to fix this?  Should Apoth strip before picking up the body for processing?  Or should Tweaks strip a corpse before any action non-Hauling action is taken?  The workaround is to haul the bodies somewhere before they get processed.
i have this issue. but one difference.... i do not have a work-around that strips.

i haven't tried this mod without soylent green, but i do have my haulers first haul the bodies to the freezer to keep the bodies from rotting (before the cook comes along and turns them to food) but the hauler is not stripping these corpses. i am forced to manually strip them before they go to the freezer.

i am using epyk pack. new world/save/colony. auto strip not working at all.

side note. not a fan of home zone re-un-forbidding my manual attempts at forbidding my medicine. i can set a non-home zone for the medicine, but the problem is that if i build any upgrades to my base near that area, the home zone will just automatically be created again, thus my meds will start being used without my noticing the home zone change.

SilverDragon

Quote from: Feniks on January 21, 2015, 04:16:05 PM
Is there any chance unforbid to not overrule me manually forbidding items? For example I often forbid medicine when I want guys to use herbal instead but it unforbids itself when in home zone.

I usually use this bubblegum patch to workaround that, by removing the home zone from that square where i keep my medicines at! ;D Works like a charm, forbidden stays forbidden, and as long as I manually manage my homezone instead of letting the game make new homezones wherever I build, it stays that way.

SilverDragon

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on January 28, 2015, 12:30:49 PM
Quote from: Pez on January 04, 2015, 11:19:31 PM
Using this with the Apothacarius mod, when someone grabs a body and takes it to the Soylent Green machine, no stripping is done.  I know this is due to this action not being done as part of Hauling, but as part of Cooking. 

Just some rambling thoughts/questions - which mod would need an update to fix this?  Should Apoth strip before picking up the body for processing?  Or should Tweaks strip a corpse before any action non-Hauling action is taken?  The workaround is to haul the bodies somewhere before they get processed.
i have this issue. but one difference.... i do not have a work-around that strips.

i haven't tried this mod without soylent green, but i do have my haulers first haul the bodies to the freezer to keep the bodies from rotting (before the cook comes along and turns them to food) but the hauler is not stripping these corpses. i am forced to manually strip them before they go to the freezer.

i am using epyk pack. new world/save/colony. auto strip not working at all.

side note. not a fan of home zone re-un-forbidding my manual attempts at forbidding my medicine. i can set a non-home zone for the medicine, but the problem is that if i build any upgrades to my base near that area, the home zone will just automatically be created again, thus my meds will start being used without my noticing the home zone change.

I guess the best workaround for the automatic corpse stripping you could do is change in the Defs\WorkGiverDefs\Alpha_WorkGiverDefs.xml the
<defName>StripCorpses</defName>
<priorityInType>5</priorityInType>

By default its 5, so its on par with normal stuff when it comes to hauling, hauling corpses has a core priority of 10, so if you set your Priority for stripping corpses to 10 or 11, they should do that first things first if there is a corpse in your homezone that can be stripped, as in, whenever they haul a corpse into your base (homezone) and drop it on the floor, the next thing theyll do is notice that they can totally strip that corpse out of all it's worldly possessions, so they'll do that, and check if theres more corpses to be stripped, and head back out to haul more dead people to be stripped. ;D
This is atleast how I imagine it should work on those settings.

ManWithNoName

I like this mod so thanks for it, it makes it less time consuming and micro managing.

One thing i noticed though was that it was not auto stripping corpses, i checke the code and saw nothing about it  :-\ Seems i needed AlphaTweeks over AutoHaul which i didn't know.

Shall install it now and enjoy the stripping of corpses.

Edit:
Damn, seems alphatweeks dont like the old save. Oh well start #5,681... What? The game cheats :P

Calico

For stripping large raids, i just suspend the soylent green machine. After the cooler is full, they'll eventually strip the corpses, when there are no other high priority hauling tasks nearby. Once the "Apperello Explosion" is done, unsuspend the Soylent Green Machine. While it requires manual input, it's still way better then having to strip every single corpse. At year 3 now, enemy raids are now 40-60 attackers, i would go crazy manually stripping them all.

I'm still having a bit of trouble with the Autotrader... like 80% of the items are found in the list, some never show up. It still is hugely helpful to clean up the trade beacons, nonetheless. Also would be nice to have atleast 3 letters for the search, after 2 it keeps bugging out.

Still, one of the most useful "small" mods. Tyvm again!

TechnologicApe

I can't seem to find a download link for this mod, and I would love to use this mod.

Calico

Quote from: TechnologicApe on February 01, 2015, 10:40:35 AM
I can't seem to find a download link for this mod, and I would love to use this mod.

You should be able to see two small links below the last picture. You need to be logged in into the forums, since they are attachments.

frenchiveruti

Hello there! I've been using the mod for a few colonies, and I have to say that i'm totally happy with it, but, as always, there's some minor problems that at least should have an easy solution, so the auto-haul system isn't bothering all the time. But I would like to suggest some workarounds:

• When a chunk is in a zone "reserve" or "crap" zone, the system should ignore them, that way, If I build a floor or a wall nearby the stash, i don't have to go and delete the home zone that involves the slags.
  • It would be great, if the system checks around for dead animal corpses, it would be an amazing combination with the Auto-Hunt Beacon Mod, so if there's a collateral animal death, the auto-haul will simply make those poor animal don't die for nothing
If I came up with more ideas, I'll tell you.
Thanks again! I hope my suggestion is welcome, have a nice weekend.

TechnologicApe

Quote from: Calico on February 01, 2015, 01:56:19 PM
Quote from: TechnologicApe on February 01, 2015, 10:40:35 AM

You should be able to see two small links below the last picture. You need to be logged in into the forums, since they are attachments.

THANKS! I've been looking at this post for a while and i wanted to use, about to play the hell out of it!

smoq2

I'm trying to modify your Auto Hauler code in order to include dead animals outside of home base, but my knowledge of C# is lacking and I would appreciate a bit of help.

var forbiddenHaulablesInHomeZone = from thing in haulables
                                               //join cell in homeCells on thing.Position equals cell

where (Find.HomeRegionGrid.ActiveCells.Contains(thing.Position) || thing.innerPawn.get_RaceProps().get_IsAnimal()) && thing.IsForbidden(Faction.OfColony) == true

select thing;

The problem is with thing.innerPawn.get_RaceProps().get_IsAnimal(). As you probably already see, thing is not a corpse, therefore has no innerPawn.

How do I extrapolate a pawn or corpse from thing?