[MOD] (Alpha 8) Hermit's Farm Mod (v0.04) (26/01/2015)

Started by Winter Hermit, December 28, 2014, 07:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolljak

I am currently working on a total overhaul atm that i am going to need something like this for its food system
would you be interested in letting me use this in it or possibly aiding me in the setup for its food system
its called Project : Eons

Winter Hermit

Quote from: Kolljak on January 22, 2015, 06:16:42 PM
I am currently working on a total overhaul atm that i am going to need something like this for its food system
would you be interested in letting me use this in it or possibly aiding me in the setup for its food system
its called Project : Eons

Feel free to use stuff from my mod in your project. I only request that i get the credit for the parts that i made and that any parts from other mods that i use are also credited to the authors.

Once you have your project up and going with some content in place then i may be willing to aid you more directly. Get things started and people will pitch in more.

I plan to keep updating this mod over the coming weeks and months, so as i add more features and stuff you can port them over your mod as well.

Kolljak

Little bit torn between your mod's wonderful art and Igabods wonderful variety it burns us.

Winter Hermit

Quote from: Kolljak on January 23, 2015, 12:01:31 PM
Little bit torn between your mod's wonderful art and Igabods wonderful variety it burns us.

Why not both? I'm working on compatibility of my mod with others. Telkir's and Igabod's mods are first on the list. I'll try and make it work with other food related mods as well later.

Kolljak

Winter is there anyway you can make flour inedable. my colonists eat the flour before it can be turned into bread.

Igabod

Quote from: Kolljak on January 25, 2015, 07:07:13 PM
Winter is there anyway you can make flour inedable. my colonists eat the flour before it can be turned into bread.

You can't make meal ingredients inedible or the game will bug out. See This Thread to see what I mean. There are little tricks that can be done to make that particular ingredient less appealing for the pawns, but they'll still end up eating the flour if they have no other meal options.

Winter Hermit

Quote from: Kolljak on January 25, 2015, 07:07:13 PM

As Igabod has stated, this is not currently possible, or no one knows how to get around it. I did set the priorities of the jobs so that meals are made as soon as the ingredients to make them are available. This behavior cascades down the production line, where the higher levels are made as soon as they can be. This was to mitigate against the increase in the length of the line.

During testing i haven't run into many problems with colonists eating the raw ingredients before they are cooked, well no more than you get in vanilla. Try only setting the do until for the flour at 4-5 and see if that helps.

Edit: I just updated the first post with more info. Check it out and comment!

Kolljak

hmm i think its about time to commission EdB to make a Interface for food consumption permissions XD i made a workaround i just made a faraway freezer down my village's road hold the flower.

saddler123

On the screenshots you have tomatoes, carrots and other stuff. but arnt they in the downloadable version yet? because i cant grow them :P

Winter Hermit

Quote from: saddler123 on January 26, 2015, 04:48:22 AM
On the screenshots you have tomatoes, carrots and other stuff. but arnt they in the downloadable version yet? because i cant grow them :P

They are from Telkir's expanded crops mod. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373. I had his and Igabod's xtra plants mod active when I was taking the screen shots. I'm working on compatibility between the three mods at the moment. It'll be done in the next update, which will be a couple of weeks away i'm afraid. See the original post for what will be in the next update.

Wulfik

There is problem with this mod : you can't use this and cybernetics storm at the same time. You wont be able to craft bucket OR ( if you change order in mods ) you wont be able to use craftsmans workbench in cybernetics storm ( that crafts materials and prosthetics ). There is no error, you can add bill but everybody will ignore it. Any help with that ? ( Might be problem cuz there are two identical workbenches even tho there texture is different and their bills differ as well. Still craftsman... )

Winter Hermit

Quote from: Wulfik on January 27, 2015, 06:24:03 AM
There is problem with this mod : you can't use this and cybernetics storm at the same time. You wont be able to craft bucket OR ( if you change order in mods ) you wont be able to use craftsmans workbench in cybernetics storm ( that crafts materials and prosthetics ). There is no error, you can add bill but everybody will ignore it. Any help with that ? ( Might be problem cuz there are two identical workbenches even tho there texture is different and their bills differ as well. Still craftsman... )

I'll get on this in the next couple of days, i'm a bit busy in real life at the moment!

Ksajimato

Problem with this mod and CaveworldFlora. If this mod is lower position than CF - then Shrooms will look like crops, and if higer - crops will look like shrooms

Lightbulb500

Quote from: Ksajimato on February 13, 2015, 07:46:18 PM
Problem with this mod and CaveworldFlora. If this mod is lower position than CF - then Shrooms will look like crops, and if higer - crops will look like shrooms

I run them together without any problems

Have you restarted the game after after changing your load order? That usually solves any texture related problems