The most useless colonist ever.

Started by poulsen78, January 06, 2015, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numar

Certainly not the best colonist at early stage, but far from being useless. Imagine him with brain damage :D

milon

... And the winner of the Most Useless Colonist Ever award goes to...

Butler, the vatgrown glitterworld empath!  Check out his "skills"!  Also, he's lazy AND pessimistic!  Great job, Butler!!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Panzer

Ahaha ^^ that guy takes the cake, that background shouldnt be possible ;D

TheSilencedScream

Neither one is useless, in my books.

The first would make a good warden and would be my lead defense - as the others stated, cannon-fodder. He also has perfectly good organs that could be harvested and planted in others, if I'm lacking the resources or traders to get said organs.

The second can haul, craft, cook, and can serve as support for constructing, mining, and growing. In the event of an attack, he'd be the one left tending to chores while I send everyone else to fight. As with the previous, he's also got great organs to put to use. ;)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Silvador

A shame I deleted all my old saves or I'd show you guys the Deathjack I had who could literally only shoot and research. Might've been able to melee as well, but I forget.

HattoriHanzo

Quote from: Silvador on February 19, 2015, 08:53:52 AM
A shame I deleted all my old saves or I'd show you guys the Deathjack I had who could literally only shoot and research. Might've been able to melee as well, but I forget.

Sounds like my soldier in the first colony i made. He was assasin and one more thing, could just shoot, melee and do creative stuff...at least he had a strong interest in shooting and started with a skill of 12.
But he was prostophobic and i had to replace an arm and and eye after his first two shootouts...well, thats life i guess :P

Silvador

Quote from: HattoriHanzo on February 19, 2015, 09:00:32 AM
Quote from: Silvador on February 19, 2015, 08:53:52 AM

Sounds like my soldier in the first colony i made. He was assasin and one more thing, could just shoot, melee and do creative stuff...at least he had a strong interest in shooting and started with a skill of 12.
But he was prostophobic and i had to replace an arm and and eye after his first two shootouts...well, thats life i guess :P

Hehe, yeah. My guy had a pretty substantial shooting level as well. I like to have dedicated people, from hauling to cooking to medics to farming. And a dedicated soldier is always a good thing. Although it doesn't help too much when he's one of your starters so you're essentially minus a colonist at the beginning. XD

Wolfen Waffle

If you assign him as a hunter he'll kill animals and bring them back to the stockpile

tommytom

Quote from: Mystic on January 06, 2015, 05:33:59 PM
I think any colonist with a catastrophic brain injury is far more useless than this.  I mean, regardless of their other attributes, they move sooooooo sloooooooooowly that they can't really do anything.  After a recent raid, I ended up capturing and recruiting a colonist of this sort ... why?  Solely to use him as the official opener of the first cryosleep chamber in a cluster of them right outside the door of my base, that I'd long wanted to take care of.  I've learned that whoever is the first one to open one of those things is essentially guaranteed to die, so I figured this guy would be a good sacrificial lamb to do so while the rest of my colonists stayed as a very safe distance behind granite blocks with their M-24s at the ready to clean up afterwards.  And with that brain injury, the poor sap clearly lacked the wit to see what I was recruiting him for.  :)
I was experimenting in god mode with test builds a few days ago and using turrets to force shoot works fine. If you don't mind possibly blowing up the cyro, that is. IIRC, the first bullet made them all jump out. It's pretty cheaty though.

Riftmaster

Quote from: poulsen78 on January 06, 2015, 05:04:41 PM
In my game a new colonist joined me. Great! i though, but then i looked over his stats.
I might have found the most useless colonist that have ever been made in this game.
Medievel lord + Scout is a bad combination, so now he can boil in geothermal generator room.  >:(

What?

That guy is really useful when fighting, healing, or managing prisoners.

I'd be glad to have him hang around until needed, even if I do have to feed him.

tommytom

Think I have everyone beat.

Extremely good hunter/defender, but that is it.

ALMOST recruited him. But then I seen this:

Though, I suppose some of that is from being in restraints.

passi965

Hah, i found an even more useless Colonist ^^ http://puu.sh/gpiQu/0109935fa3.jpg

Edit: Ah well tommytom, you won :P

Endoric

Quote from: passi965 on March 06, 2015, 04:45:21 PM
Hah, i found an even more useless Colonist ^^ http://puu.sh/gpiQu/0109935fa3.jpg

Edit: Ah well tommytom, you won :P

20 shooting?  He can eat for free, just kill stuff.

Apophis

That is a great artist in the making, once every animal is dead  :D

lusername

Heh, and all his traits are useless since he cannot actually do any work.