Epyk Pack is awesome! 10/10
It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

Epyk

Quote from: Feniks on February 12, 2015, 12:14:53 PM
You should add your official twitter link @EpykPack to main post it will be much easier checking for updates etc for quite a few people.

Been meaning to do that for the past couple hours. Tasks that take no longer than a minute I hold them off thinking I'll do it at a later time while I do longer tasks. It's a curse.

EDIT: Done! Link to the Epyk Pack twitter is now on the main post!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Morkon

Quote from: Epyk on February 12, 2015, 11:07:08 AM
Happy to hear you're enjoying the Epyk Pack!

Can you tell me what aspect of CyberneticsStorm is overpowered? I been meaning to adjust some of the things myself a bit, but I been lazy. :P User input is important and I'll do that next update with help with your feedback. Complex information isn't necessary, you can just say for example, "This gun/implant/turret does too much damage." or " This gun/implant/turret is too easy to make." should do the trick.

Also give elStrages some feedback on the CyberneticsStorm thread for balance, I'm sure he'd love the feedback!

CyberneticsStorm is fine in regards to bionics and thread production. The only thing I don't like are the armor pieces and some of the guns. Especially the assault rifle named Cyberstorm (or something like that) has "uber" stats. Same thing when I compare normal Power Armor (35% blunt/30% heat/65% sharp/-10% global workspeed/ -0.1c/s move speed) to Cybernetic Armor (70% blunt/60% heat/90% sharp/+15% global workspeed/no reduced move speed).
The stats seem cheated. And it's so easy to get the items.

Btw, my current favourite mod feature are the droids from Mechanical Defense 2. :)

popster99

con gratz on your second post mate eventually you will get to my level and above of posts

Epyk

Quote from: Morkon on February 12, 2015, 12:53:33 PM
Quote from: Epyk on February 12, 2015, 11:07:08 AM
Happy to hear you're enjoying the Epyk Pack!

Can you tell me what aspect of CyberneticsStorm is overpowered? I been meaning to adjust some of the things myself a bit, but I been lazy. :P User input is important and I'll do that next update with help with your feedback. Complex information isn't necessary, you can just say for example, "This gun/implant/turret does too much damage." or " This gun/implant/turret is too easy to make." should do the trick.

Also give elStrages some feedback on the CyberneticsStorm thread for balance, I'm sure he'd love the feedback!

CyberneticsStorm is fine in regards to bionics and thread production. The only thing I don't like are the armor pieces and some of the guns. Especially the assault rifle named Cyberstorm (or something like that) has "uber" stats. Same thing when I compare normal Power Armor (35% blunt/30% heat/65% sharp/-10% global workspeed/ -0.1c/s move speed) to Cybernetic Armor (70% blunt/60% heat/90% sharp/+15% global workspeed/no reduced move speed).
The stats seem cheated. And it's so easy to get the items.

Btw, my current favourite mod feature are the droids from Mechanical Defense 2. :)
Thanks for the feedback! Will definetley tone down to guns and armors come next update!
I think I'll focus on balancing the mods in accordance with each other for most of the upcoming updates as well.
Try Epokalypse!

elStrages

The idea behind cybernetic armour is just that. It is a complete cybernetic object that gives you ultimate control. It's an end game piece of armour that gives the wearer great power. It will increase muscle output speed manipulation. It will give great defence as it processes thousands of processes a second. Same with the weapons. They are end game things which are given to the player. They may get down graded a little but not to the point of anywhere near power armour.

Epyk

Quote from: elStrages on February 12, 2015, 03:34:33 PM
The idea behind cybernetic armour is just that. It is a complete cybernetic object that gives you ultimate control. It's an end game piece of armour that gives the wearer great power. It will increase muscle output speed manipulation. It will give great defence as it processes thousands of processes a second. Same with the weapons. They are end game things which are given to the player. They may get down graded a little but not to the point of anywhere near power armour.

I haven't taken a look at them, but I'll keep the armors and weapons almost untouched. Just need to balance them to accordance to other mods for example, Apparello may have a weaker armor that is  harder to get than than the Cybernetic armor.

Try Epokalypse!

elStrages

Quote from: Epyk on February 12, 2015, 03:39:41 PM

I haven't taken a look at them, but I'll keep the armors and weapons almost untouched. Just need to balance them to accordance to other mods for example, Apparello may have a weaker armor that is  harder to get than than the Cybernetic armor.
maybe but to get cyber armour you have to do like 5/6 research projects t 500,1000,1500,2000,2500 then build the production table and run it, very high costs and you need a vast mount of late game resources to build them. not sure how I can make it any harder to get.

Epyk

Quote from: elStrages on February 12, 2015, 04:09:40 PM
Quote from: Epyk on February 12, 2015, 03:39:41 PM

maybe but to get cyber armour you have to do like 5/6 research projects t 500,1000,1500,2000,2500 then build the production table and run it, very high costs and you need a vast mount of late game resources to build them. not sure how I can make it any harder to get.

Yea, if that's the case then things will be left untouched.
Still haven't started anything regarding balance, doing some work ATM. Will most likely start tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up! Your weapons and armor will definitely be the end game however, users will soon realize their current stats are needed when they are getting raided by 80+ pirates.  :P
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

Even if you aren't building them yourselves and just taking them off either traders or enemies, the only enemies that wear them seem to be the cybernetic guys, and if you can kill them and withstand their raids then you probably deserve the armor. And if you can buy enough off traders, you are obviously making some serious money.

Killaim

dunno what it is - but my game lags much much earlier to unplayable levels using this. :(

only up to like 35 colonists - usually it only gets this bad around like 70 colonists

Feniks

Killaim it's to be expected. Mods are not super optimized and never will be it's the same in Minecraft any FTB pack lags faster than vanilla game.

As to modpack my feedback is that omni gel is supper powerful and could do with tuning down by increasing a time for this thing to grow or reducing resource produced by it. In my game using mines is almost pointless because omni gel is faster and producing resources at almost no extra cots. I would limit it to growing in hydrophonics only as well otherwise you can start planinting it relatively quickly.

Epyk

Quote from: Feniks on February 13, 2015, 02:36:35 AM
Killaim it's to be expected. Mods are not super optimized and never will be it's the same in Minecraft any FTB pack lags faster than vanilla game.

As to modpack my feedback is that omni gel is supper powerful and could do with tuning down by increasing a time for this thing to grow or reducing resource produced by it. In my game using mines is almost pointless because omni gel is faster and producing resources at almost no extra cots. I would limit it to growing in hydrophonics only as well otherwise you can start planinting it relatively quickly.

Noted. I'll find a way to balance omni gel come next update.
Try Epokalypse!

mangaluli

For some unknown reason I started getting a black screen and cant launch the game...
Tried reapplying the config and even removing the game compleatly from my computer (yes AppDate folder too) and redoing everything..
ASS

Epyk

Quote from: mangaluli on February 13, 2015, 07:48:26 AM
For some unknown reason I started getting a black screen and cant launch the game...
Tried reapplying the config and even removing the game compleatly from my computer (yes AppDate folder too) and redoing everything..

Make sure your computer's drivers, directX, and Microsoft visuals are up to date.
If you've done this and still black screen, I'd start removing mods you may not enjoy/need.
Try Epokalypse!

mangaluli

I dont belive its my drivers, as I said, I did play with this mod pack it started doing this now.
Didnt do any changes to the game or the mods.
(Well except now when I reinstalled the game and the mods again)

" Fallback handler could not load library D:/Games/RimWorld671Win/RimWorld671Win_Data/Mono/data-0CDA78F8.dll "
I get this in my output_log
I do not have the file in the Mono folder.
ASS