Epyk Pack is awesome! 10/10
It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: Kane84 on February 02, 2015, 11:11:21 PM
Anyone else having issues with this mod crashing after about a game year?  The crashes happen during event spawns.  The game freezes for a split second, then an event happens or the game crashes.  I am having the same problem on two different computers.  One of the computers is really old, but it plays okay.  I wouldn't say the other computer is a beast, but it plays 7 days, assassins creed... with higher frame rates.  So, I don't think it is a hardware problem.
the most obvious crash i experience is something i also experience in vanilla. when i trade a ton of stuff with the exotic goods trader all at once, its like the game's brain explodes, bad things happen. either the screen visual bugs out or the game completely crashes.

but i do experience frame rate issues. my pc is a beast (3770k i7 and sli 770's) and i get like 9-18 fps when my base gets to about the 2nd year. not sure that is the mod, or vanilla issue though.

ysor123

Okay. The game loads after about 1,5 hours. Let it run passive longer. The annoying thing is, it does not get better when loading a second time afterward.

Looks like it is a game issue, a rare one i have ...

https://ludeon.com/mantis/bug_revision_view_page.php?rev_id=407

ManWithNoName

@ysor - Hve you tried disabling some of the mods and restarting rimworld, i had a black screen issue today and it was a mod issue.

@shhififtyfive
Priority Haul can be handy, im still playing with it as soemtimes i wonder if its doing what it should be i "think" this has issues with veinminer but i cba to double check. Issue is that the priority haul menu vanishes into thin air  after you load up your save file and never re-appears (well it didnt for me).

Veiminer i tried last game which i have overwrote now, while at first it was good i thought it was a bit cheaty plus i wanted the above addon working properly.

Use herbal medicine not seen this working yet, but then i stock up o meds anyway asap.

I re-installed all my mods today, well the ones i wanted.

ysor123

It is not a mod issue, how often should I repeat? It just takes insan. long to load everything. THan more i enable than longer it takes. The curve is not linear to the amount of mods, it raising.

I really don't have a machine which should have such issues. 1.5 hours for all mods is not normal.

The process is running at 13% cpu time and 74mb RAM usage. (8 cores @4ghz).
So it is not even using the computing time of a single core. No matter if there is only 1 or multiple threads, it is not even using the computing time of a single core.

ManWithNoName

Ok its not a mod issue even though you say it is in this thread and and also this thread

Funny how i fixed it in a few minutes just today.

Epyk

2.3.15 Epyk Pack 1.11r
- CyberneticStorm update
- EdB UI Interface update
- Pawn State Icons update
- Modified the mod order

Now the new mod order may fix the growing problem some users are facing, although I've never experienced this problem myself.
Enjoy!

EDIT: Also the poll option "I haven't tried the Epyk Pack" has been wiped in case users that selected this option before have now tried the Epyk Pack. You can however, change your vote at anytime.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

ManWithNoName

My issue was my own fault, not the mods really. I wanted the JaffaKree mod so i had to disable the modded mod and get the original.

Unfortunatly though in my 2tear game i started yesterday they have not appeared once :/

Epyk

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 04, 2015, 12:03:28 AM
My issue was my own fault, not the mods really. I wanted the JaffaKree mod so i had to disable the modded mod and get the original.

Unfortunatly though in my 2tear game i started yesterday they have not appeared once :/

For a new faction to appear, a new colony has to be made after the faction mod is added.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

ManWithNoName

I know that and that's what i was doing.

I downloaded the pack yesterday as it had been updated since i started playing, but im guessing you need the Cyberstorm mod activated to use the CSJaffaKree which isn't something i wanted. I just wanted the JaffaKree.

When i activated CSJaffaKree on its own i just got a black screen when i disabled that mod the game loaded without issues so i downloaded the origial and all was working well, othr than them never appearing.

I'll figure i out next game, why they are hiding  ::)

ManWithNoName

I have read you responses and told you what to do, but instead of even trying what i have said and a mod in another thread you just continue to complain and now result to name calling.

Anyway i shall enjoy the game, and also enjoy reporting your post have a great day now.

arammco

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 03, 2015, 04:13:42 PM
i have a few requests for the pack. or at least i am curious if i can add these mods to my game without compatibility issues with this pack.

some small mods:
- canned food. because i want to add a small food stockpile in the prison that doesn't need freezing, and doesn't create a negative mood, so i can replace the meal paste dispenser. i think the extra cost of the recipe makes it a balanced addition.

- use herbal medicine. because it is silly for pawns to use surgical medicine for everyday use.

- vein miner. a quality of life addition. i don't feel it is cheaty enough to avoid.

- haul priority? i haven't tried this but i'm curious if it works as well as i hope.

Haul priority and vein miner don't work together :s

ysor123

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 04, 2015, 03:39:47 AM
I have read you responses and told you what to do, but instead of even trying what i have said and a mod in another thread you just continue to complain and now result to name calling.

Anyway i shall enjoy the game, and also enjoy reporting your post have a great day now.

Sure you'v read? Or you just picked one matched your opinion?

Just one example:
It is not a mod issue, how often should I repeat? It just takes insan. long to load everything. THan more i enable than longer it takes. The curve is not linear to the amount of mods, it raising.

Mods take long to load, the more I enable, the longer it takes. So I did not do, what people suggested - I did not disable mods? How could I have made the conclusion about the loading curve depending on how many mods are enabled then? I gues the problem is that you thought you are so smart and I'm too dumb, that is the point. You did not care about getting the point, but to find something to sign your viewpoint. That is also the reason, why you did not catch the difference between having an issue when enabling mods and having an issue because of a mod.

My very first post here explained, that I had a clean game with no mods. I explained what steps I'v made to install and the result.

Since it seem to work for most of the people and nobody said I did something wrong in all that stepps, that means either the people lie (which I do not believe, what would be the point) and do not tell that currently the modpack does not work or it is a problem in the game, which seem to be conditional, because if most of the people do not have a problem, there must be a variable condition.

Additionally I'v found an issue in bugtracker which might be related to my problem.

I really did a lot, even things I did not wrote here. And than you come and tell me indirectly, that I'm just stupid, because it is so easy and you got it fixed fast.

80% of replies (not only yours) just ignored anything I wrote. That can drive one insane after a while. You gave the final ditch, starting to quote me wrong.

I don't think there is much to add regarding this matter.

Another matter:
The first Forum I see censorship with explaination "to much negativity".

So remember: always smile and always be positive. ?And if you can't, take some drugs?

Shinzy

Quote from: ysor123 on February 04, 2015, 02:00:04 PM
Another matter:

So remember: always smile and always be positive. ?And if you can't, take some drugs?
That's just Rammy getting too trigger happy with newly gained powers
if you didn't just flip off anyone or blurt out verry mean words like dunkelscnhitzel you was well within your rights to be as negative as you like

this first time I see anything get just.. erased *scared*

shhfiftyfive

omni-gel mk2 steel replicator and devastator mortar are so extremely OP :p

i haven't tried md2 droids or shields yet, but i'd bet they are too :p

Ramsis

Quote from: Shinzy on February 04, 2015, 02:40:55 PM
Quote from: ysor123 on February 04, 2015, 02:00:04 PM
Another matter:

That's just Rammy getting too trigger happy with newly gained powers
if you didn't just flip off anyone or blurt out verry mean words like dunkelscnhitzel you was well within your rights to be as negative as you like

this first time I see anything get just.. erased *scared*

Sorry, still picking up on the policies here tbh. For the other forums I take care of we're really big on not banning if possible and just cleaning up bad messages. Tynan has corrected me on what I should do next time.

Happens, different forums have different policies on how to go about things.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~