[1.0] Floor Lights

Started by Temeez, January 07, 2015, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Temeez

Floor Lights

Description:
Lights (lamps) that are integrated into the ground. These lamps used to have their power cable hidden underground, but various rim-rodents kept eating them so the cable placement had to be revisited.
I got tired of those standing lamps ruining the view when I wanted to light up my hallways, so I made this. I tried to make a circular one, but it didn't look good enough for me. I might add more different looking floor lamps, if I get any ideas.

Features
A light (lamp) that goes on ground. Allows standing on it and the light power is same as the standing lamp, but the resource and energy cost is a bit lower and the work to make amount is a bit higher. Also has the 5 different colors, which need researching. It is now possible to build on top of the lamps.

Shapes:
- Square (1x1)
- Corner ( |_ ) for "Stripe"
- Stripe (half square) (1x0,5)
- Small corner ( |_ ) for "Small stripe"
- Small stripe (1x0,2ish)
- Plus (1x1)

Colors:
- White (normal)
- Red
- Green
- Blue
- Yellow
- Purple

Steam Workshop
Link

Download Latest
GitHub | RRS You can also find older versions via the RRS link.

Author
Temeez

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Changelog

v5.2 (09.09.2018)
- Fixed lamps being build instantly and balanced the WorkToBuild value and a few warnings.

v5.1 (03.09.2018)
- Chinese (Simplified) translation got added.

v5.0 (01.09.2018)
- B19.

v4.1 (06.12.2017)
- Told pawns not to break things on top before building the floor lights, probably.

v4.0 (18.11.2017)
- B18.

v3.2 (29.08.2017)
- A17.

v3.1 (07.01.2017)
- Fixed an issue of not being able to build on top of all the lamp shapes.
- Fixed an issue with altitudelayer.

v3.0 (31.12.2016)
- Reverted the "wire removal" for lamps. Floor tile lamp will still require conduit connection.

v2.6 (31.12.2016)
- Fixed yellow square lamp emitting blue light, oops.

v2.5 (30.12.2016)
- Added corner lights for stripes.
- Wires removed, but some power conduit might be visible at certain situations, looks better though.
- Floor tile lamp is now drag-able.

v2.4 (24.12.2016)
- Lowered small stripe steel cost.

v2.3 (21.12.2016)
- Updated to Alpha 16.

v2.2 (22.11.2016)
- Added the Electricity research requirement for the lamps.

v2.1 (11.10.2016)
- Tweaked power consumption values. Square shape eats 24 power and others less.

v2.0 (10.10.2016)
- Updated to Alpha 15, Dingo helped :)
- Added a new color, purple.
- Added this mod into Steam Workshop.

v1.7 (16.04.2016)
- Updated to Alpha 13
- The power cables/wires are visible.

v1.6 (02.09.2015)
- Added small stripe lamps
- Small fix to the shadow xml

v1.5 (31.08.2015)
- Updated to Alpha 12

v1.4 (14.06.2015)
- Updated to Alpha 11
- Added a white square lamp as a floor tile (but it is still a building)

v1.3 (26.04.2015)
- Updated to Alpha 10.

v1.2 (22.02.2015)
- Updated to Alpha 9.

v1.1 (08.01.2015)
- Allow building on top of the floor lights
- Added stripe shape (half square), rotatable
- Added plus shape
- Added yellow lamp
- Added red,green,blue,yellow colors on textures
- New "Lamps" category for all the lamps
- Different shapes have different stats

v1.0 (07.01.2015)
- Released for alpha 8.

Screenshot(s)

Igabod

Are you able to build furniture on top of the floor light? Because that's what I imagine an integrated floor light would be. I see in the XML that the altitude layer is floor, which I haven't used before. But I used floorEmplacement and wasn't able to build things on that item. I had to add in the following bit of code, which I see isn't in your XML, to do that.

<building>
      <isEdifice>false</isEdifice>
    </building>

I ask purely because I want to know if there is a different way of doing it or not and I don't have time to actually play a game and test it out right now.

Temeez

Quote from: Igabod on January 07, 2015, 04:12:29 PM
Are you able to build furniture on top of the floor light? Because that's what I imagine an integrated floor light would be. I see in the XML that the altitude layer is floor, which I haven't used before. But I used floorEmplacement and wasn't able to build things on that item. I had to add in the following bit of code, which I see isn't in your XML, to do that.

<building>
      <isEdifice>false</isEdifice>
    </building>

I ask purely because I want to know if there is a different way of doing it or not and I don't have time to actually play a game and test it out right now.

No, you can't build on the floor lights, and I can't see to big of a reason to do that either.

Igabod

Ah ok. Was just curious. I needed to be able to build on top of the item I made because it is heated flooring tiles. I may add the bit of code I mentioned earlier into your mod just for my own use. In my mind I think of the lighted floors from the recent Tron movie in Flynn's safe house.

Temeez

Asfalto

Temeez

Quote from: Asfalto on April 25, 2015, 12:32:27 PM
Is this dead? I loved them
No and thank you. :)

Updated now and should work without problems.

LittleGreenStone

I'd have a suggestion, if you would consider it.

Instead of "lamps", you could make it a "floor tile", upon which we could build. You could make its glow radius small, along with its energy requirement, so that we could (or rather, "would need to") fill whole rooms/corridors with it to actually lighten them up.
I think it'd be awesome...er. Most awesomerest.
Think about it...
Take your time... ^^

Temeez

Updated to Alpha 11.

Also added a white square lamp to act as a floor tile, so it has a low power drain and small light radius. It is not possible to build other kind of floor tiles on top of this however, it needs to be deconstructed first.

akiceabear

Hi Temeez

Love this mod. Wondering if you could possible make a Superior Crafting (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11741.0) compatible version - i.e. which places the lights somewhere (reasonably advanced) in the SC tech tree and uses the appropriate materials?

Cheers!

Temeez

Quote from: akiceabear on July 15, 2015, 08:20:05 AM
Hi Temeez

Love this mod. Wondering if you could possible make a Superior Crafting (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11741.0) compatible version - i.e. which places the lights somewhere (reasonably advanced) in the SC tech tree and uses the appropriate materials?

Cheers!

Nice to hear that you like my mod! :)

This was a good idea and the SC mod looks like a lot of fun, so I did it! Non colored are available at Power II and colored ones require a bit more ;) The white square lamp floor tile requires Power III. I also adjusted the building costs a bit and added glass to it. Hope you like! The download link is at the first post.

Temeez