[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marnador

I suppose I could go for something different such as low walls which could be used as window slots or barricades, I know we have embrasures and small walls in other mods but those have a whole different esthetic to them.
Whatever floats I guess =p

Coolrah

Love the new sniper turret and the graphic gonna start a new playthrough and see how it fairs with the others. Maybe you could expand on the turrets too and make some researchable/craftable upgrades for them but I don't know how the coding would work. Maybe you could start with basic upgrades like +armor or +damage or maybe you could flare it up abit by messing with the damage types or adding more affects to them. Either way hope this mod stays strong

Marnador

Quote from: Coolrah on February 02, 2015, 01:55:42 AM
Love the new sniper turret and the graphic gonna start a new playthrough and see how it fairs with the others. Maybe you could expand on the turrets too and make some researchable/craftable upgrades for them but I don't know how the coding would work. Maybe you could start with basic upgrades like +armor or +damage or maybe you could flare it up abit by messing with the damage types or adding more affects to them. Either way hope this mod stays strong
I was actually thinking about that waaay back when I started to make the mod but this bit seems to involve programming which I have next to none experience with =p maybe overtime Ill figure it out who knows.

Rikiki

This is doable via .dll and not so hard in fact (hint: researchMods ;)).
At your C# courses... go and learn! :D

Anton2003

Quote from: Marnador on January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM
-snip-

EDIT BY ItchyFlea: Snipped the wall of text quote.

Dragoon

Quote from: Anton2003 on February 05, 2015, 01:06:44 PM
-snip-

Why did you paste this here? (As your fist post as well O_o. Welcome to rimworld buddy)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

popster99

welcome to the life of not having a life (this makes soo much sense)

DanJSC

I'd just like to say as someone who did graphic design. THANK YOU. Thank you for making a mod that fits perfectly with the games aesthetics, there are so many mods here that don't do that. Kudos though, it's not an easy thing to do.

Pumpus

I agree with Danjsc. I do motion graphics and such and lots of the art in the mods is out of place. They make the colors too bright and intense (not dull enough) and the make the models too detailed. (My first forum post ever...)
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

Marnador

A bit late but thanks guys, different people have different skills or points of view when it comes to art style for mods, but as I already mentioned in the first post I do try to mimic vanilla style, feel, colors, outline thickness, how it looks when you zoom-out which is very sensitive since the game doesn't blur custom images, and too densely packed lines and details makes it look like a mess when you're looking at it from far away.
I could have easily made the prettiest gun but then it would just clash whit the existing style and make it feel out of place.
Now I know I am not the best and some moders here done a superb job when it comes to art style, in fact the guy who did vanilla guns mod is what got me to make this to begin with :)
I myself aspire to work in a graphic industry one day... this is a thing I pretty much do as a hobby for years anyways so might as well benefit from it.
*shakes fist* one day world! one day!
I will probably hold off until beta 9 to make some of the major balancing changes that I took from feedback that I received, Ty is busy fixing bugs lately and if the history repeats itself hopefully that means that he is very close to release.

Epyk

Quote from: Marnador on February 16, 2015, 05:53:59 AM
A bit late but thanks guys, different people have different skills or points of view when it comes to art style for mods, but as I already mentioned in the first post I do try to mimic vanilla style, feel, colors, outline thickness, how it looks when you zoom-out which is very sensitive since the game doesn't blur custom images, and too densely packed lines and details makes it look like a mess when you're looking at it from far away.
I could have easily made the prettiest gun but then it would just clash whit the existing style and make it feel out of place.
Now I know I am not the best and some moders here done a superb job when it comes to art style, in fact the guy who did vanilla guns mod is what got me to make this to begin with :)
I myself aspire to work in a graphic industry one day... this is a thing I pretty much do as a hobby for years anyways so might as well benefit from it.
*shakes fist* one day world! one day!
I will probably hold off until beta 9 to make some of the major balancing changes that I took from feedback that I received, Ty is busy fixing bugs lately and if the history repeats itself hopefully that means that he is very close to release.
Glad to hear from you again friend.
I couldn't play another game without your turrets.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Marnador

Quote from: Epyk on February 16, 2015, 06:41:21 AM
Yeah I am alive :) and as I predicted alpha 9 is out so I better get to work =p

Vonholtz

Quote from: Marnador on February 19, 2015, 10:24:28 PM

Yes I would hate to try and play a new game with out your turrets to. Glad to hear you are on it. And thank you for a fun mod.

Marnador

Quote from: Vonholtz on February 19, 2015, 10:50:02 PM
Quote from: Marnador on February 19, 2015, 10:24:28 PM

Yes I would hate to try and play a new game with out your turrets to. Glad to hear you are on it. And thank you for a fun mod.
Well you can start now if you want :)

New 1.4 update is up and now Alpha9 compatible and with some major re-balancing.

HBKRKO619

But, but, the most important ....... Did the boomrat complex is updated ? xDDD

Thank you man :)