[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

WereCat88

Are weapons supposed to be this cheap?
I bought a heavy AMR for little over 900 silver and its actual market value is 600 silver, and many other weapons seem too cheap for how much power they have
I am The Primal Mammelon

Kireishito

Sorry, but whenever I open the gunlist and click in one of the menus (e.g. melee weapons) the list disappears and it keeps a blank box forever. Also, all the weapons in the machining table disappeared (only armor available). All research done to guns are done. The mod crafting option is checked green. And I can't really toggle any weapons... Can someone help me?

Idelacio

Exception ticking RF_Bullet_MDFifty14340: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.Thing.TakeDamage'.

AMR bullets just sail right on over.

LAWolves

I was going to make a Combat Extended playthrough and found out, from the CE thread, that this mod is supposed to be compatible with it. Since I found no confirmation on this other thread though I thought I would ask first.
Thank you

Canaris

Quote from: LAWolves on December 21, 2017, 05:39:44 AM
I was going to make a Combat Extended playthrough and found out, from the CE thread, that this mod is supposed to be compatible with it. Since I found no confirmation on this other thread though I thought I would ask first.
Thank you
I second this motion.

I have CE B18 with Rimfire 2.4 and its suppose to work but everytime i try to use weapon from this mod i throws an error in the log and weapon is ineffective. Only exception is Carl Gustav Recoiless Rifle - unlimited ammo but projectile works and kills things like its suppose to.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Alistaire

Please download the latest version again

I've tried to address the reported bugs. I can't replicate the antimateriel bullets missing with the latest version. Other than that, the mod menu works again. Some more vanilla weapons have been added to categorization.

LBA

Hey Alistaire. Liking the mod so far, but I've encountered some errors when using Medieval Times.
After some digging around, I found out these errors appear when some other mod tries to reference things in another mod, that don't exist anymore. A bit more searching lead me to check rimfire, where I found the names of the missing things.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Mufflamingo

Hello. I know this is a selfish request but can you make that thing where you can choose what guns to appear in game applicable to clothes too? And if possible make a stand alone version of it? Sorry for asking.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Kassidoo

Quote from: Canaris on December 26, 2017, 01:44:49 PM
Quote from: LAWolves on December 21, 2017, 05:39:44 AM
Thank you
I second this motion.

I have CE B18 with Rimfire 2.4 and its suppose to work but everytime i try to use weapon from this mod i throws an error in the log and weapon is ineffective. Only exception is Carl Gustav Recoiless Rifle - unlimited ammo but projectile works and kills things like its suppose to.

What error do you guys get?

Divenity

As to the RImfire 2.4 not working with latest CE. This is the error message I get when trying to use a Rimfire weapon with CE:

"Exception ticking Ahri: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at Verse.Verb_LaunchProjectile.TryCastShot () <0x00341>"

Ahri would be the test pawn ofc.

The weapon does not fire.

Rimfire weapons also do not and cannot use ammo for some reason, the reload button and ammunition counter isn't there at all, carrying ammo doesn't change anything, disabling the ammunition system also still produces the same error message. CE weapons and base game weapons work fine.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Divenity on February 11, 2018, 09:14:27 PM
As to the RImfire 2.4 not working with latest CE. This is the error message I get when trying to use a Rimfire weapon with CE:

Have you tried it with the only extra mods being CE and Rimfire? Does anyone else get any issues with this mod and CE, or does it work okay for them?

Divenity

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 01:10:00 AM
Quote from: Divenity on February 11, 2018, 09:14:27 PM

Have you tried it with the only extra mods being CE and Rimfire?

Yes, same problem.

Novalex233

I had a problem with Anti-Material Rifles. I finished the research but no new recipe (namely the Police AMR and ASAR) showed up on the Machining Table except the Deadeye Rifle (weak AMR), which showed up after I finished Plasteel Gun research. Is this intentional or did something go wrong? I disabled every other mod except RimFire and HugsLib and I enabled all the guns and options.
Please help :'(

EDIT: I installed Help Tab and looked up Anti-Material research, and it shows no new recipe nor weapon unlock; the research simply does nothing, it is empty. Must be something wrong with the research log. Checking it right now! Will update!

EDIT2: Found this code under the three AMRs that can't be crafted (Plasteel, Medium, Heavy)
<tradeTags>
<li>Exotic</li>
</tradeTags>
Which means the three guns aren't supposed to be crafted, only bought.

Under Weak AMR is this code:
<costList>
<Steel>96</Steel>
<Component>15</Component>
<Plasteel>10</Plasteel>
</costList>
<generateCommonality>0.015</generateCommonality>
<recipeMaker>
<researchPrerequisite>RF_PlasteelGuns</researchPrerequisite>
</recipeMaker>

For my own sake, I am copy-pasting this code under the other three AMRs and modifying the values myself. Hope this is ok with you (author)!

bullet

Yeah,  Police and Heavy AMR's doesn't appears in recipes after research

Hawky

Hello! I'd like to make a request. Can you make and add a marksman rifle, like M14 / M14EBR or similar? Basically faster shooting and aiming sniper rifle with lower damage, shorter range, and slightly worse accuracy?

Thank you very much! Your mod is great, keep up a good work. ;)