[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akiceabear

QuoteI would love to see a good way to integrate a mod like this one with advanced crafting.

Just adding that I'd also love to see a compatibility patch with Superior Crafting in a future alpha - I guess the main issue would be tweaking structures?

AllenWL

Quote from: delraith on May 31, 2015, 10:10:31 PM
- Pistols seem kinda useless to me.
I find them very useful given to every one of my non-combatants. Since it's light and has nearly no penalty, it's a good weapon to give to my guys who never actually fight as a just-in-case thing.

Plus, it has a fine hitrate and firerate, and is pretty nice for close-range indoors combat or against mad animals.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: akiceabear on June 01, 2015, 03:58:48 AM
QuoteI would love to see a good way to integrate a mod like this one with advanced crafting.

Just adding that I'd also love to see a compatibility patch with Superior Crafting in a future alpha - I guess the main issue would be tweaking structures?

I was looking into that just before A10 hit. IIRC it was that SC modified and added lots of structures + some new turrets. I'm currently working on a project for a different game but once that is finished I might look into making some compatibility patches.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Facepunch

Right, so, at the risk of feeling even dumber than I already am after slipping up on the new colony thing,
I've installed CR Defense, and the buildings (Embrasures, trenches, etc.) are all showing up, but there's no turrets anywhere.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Facepunch on June 01, 2015, 07:49:12 PM
Right, so, at the risk of feeling even dumber than I already am after slipping up on the new colony thing,
I've installed CR Defense, and the buildings (Embrasures, trenches, etc.) are all showing up, but there's no turrets anywhere.

As of the latest update, turrets are purchased through combat suppliers.

OwlPaste

Wow this took forever to register... Turns out I am not so bright... had to google the tv show question...

Aaaaaanywaaaaay. I hit this problem, got the combat merchant coming, so I attempt to communicate with them and get a blank prompt. I can dismiss it, communicate again and get another one. It seems not to affect the game except I cannot use the merchant. Anyone seen anything like that before? Any ideas? cheers!

Here is the screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q7lb17izbl5b3w/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-03%20at%2007.35.19.png?dl=0

I am using the 3 CM realism mods (light armory), pawn state icon, edb interface and mod order loader. Tried to disable the CM turret mod, and causesda  crash, tried to disable edb interface and it made no difference.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: OwlPaste on June 03, 2015, 02:32:18 AM
Wow this took forever to register... Turns out I am not so bright... had to google the tv show question...

Aaaaaanywaaaaay. I hit this problem, got the combat merchant coming, so I attempt to communicate with them and get a blank prompt. I can dismiss it, communicate again and get another one. It seems not to affect the game except I cannot use the merchant. Anyone seen anything like that before? Any ideas? cheers!

Here is the screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q7lb17izbl5b3w/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-03%20at%2007.35.19.png?dl=0

I am using the 3 CM realism mods (light armory), pawn state icon, edb interface and mod order loader. Tried to disable the CM turret mod, and causesda  crash, tried to disable edb interface and it made no difference.

That's really weird, I've been running all those mods myself with no issues. Is it just this one particular trader or every combat supplier? Also, are there any warnings in the log (to open it you need dev mode enabled in the game options)?

OwlPaste

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekd3dk8b5ccp6a2/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-03%20at%2018.49.06.png?dl=0

Looks like something is not initialised, this is the second trader I contacted, first one was exotic trader that was just fine. I haven't really played from this point because I wanted to buy some guns - report a bug xD

If you want me to take a look at something specific, let me know what and I can take a peek...

Edit:
Yes can confirm other sellers are not affected, just the combat one.

NoImageAvailable

By other traders I mean other combat suppliers. It might be helpful if you could go into the debug action menu and use the "Replace traders" option to spawn 5 new traders, then see if those other combat suppliers work.

OwlPaste

Mmm yep, tried that and could not reproduce the error again, the other combat traders seemed to work just fine too... I am now thinking this one must have had something truly magical on it!

skyarkhangel

thank you for an amazing mod  ::) fragments system really makes gameplay much better!
it would be nice to improve the texture of the fragments :)

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: skyarkhangel on June 05, 2015, 02:27:12 PM
it would be nice to improve the texture of the fragments :)

I think they're in line with vanilla bullet textures and besides, how often do you pause and look at them anyway?

Lolencolony09

It keeps saying "Could not find a type named Combat_Realism.Projectile_ExplosiveFrag"
:-\

jal21

i love this mod i have had a lot of fun setting up ambushes while the riders are marching up to my door and sprang them with some grenades and they all diapers into a cloud of red and guts. But I wish that the enemy would be a bit smarter but that is on rimwolds felt not yours like they get the idea that my door would look cooler on fire and for get to kill the 4 men that have their guns raining bullet down on them but beside that this is an amusing mod and I would like to help in any way that I can to make this better