[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcticpulse

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 20, 2015, 03:25:54 AM
Quote from: Arcticpulse on October 20, 2015, 12:27:35 AM
I'm getting this error and a quick search hasn't yielded any results. Any idea as to what went wrong? http://postimg.org/image/r8t11nmov/full/

From the looks of it you're trying to load CR Defence without CR Core.
Yup, that seems to be the case. Thanks!

_Zev

When I used this mod my colonist used a hunting rifle but shoots way off the target because of the distance.. Is the mod not compatible with 12D?

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: _Zev on October 22, 2015, 05:18:37 AM
When I used this mod my colonist used a hunting rifle but shoots way off the target because of the distance.. Is the mod not compatible with 12D?
It's compatible, but hunting has a few issues, especially in wooded areas. The hunting code is set up to always fire from maximum distance, with the CR mod this distance is much larger for some weapons. The problem is that pawns aren't aware of cover when they're hunting, so they'll happily spend a day shooting trees. It's a core game bug/feature, made extra noticeable by CR. The same is (to a lesser extent) true for normal combat. Distances are larger, which means environment and skill play a much larger role.

Quick solution; equip hunters with pistols or other short range weaponry. Hopefully at some point NIA or Tynan will fix the underlying problem in either the mod, or the core game.

killer117

Hey is there any way i could get this mod were all it changes are the weapon ammo sizes and reloading, and adds the defences in, cause i love the look of this mod just id like those things as an indipendent thing because im not as much of a fan of the accuracy and bullet damage changes, although i might use them just prefer only small parts
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Dryparn

I found a small bug probobly related to the bug above that pawns does not haul killed animals because of reloading.

When you force shooting a non threathening entity the pawn stops shooting after a reload and need to be reordered to shoot.
By non threathening i mean downed enemies and other things that drafted pawns normally needs to be ordered to shoot at.

_Zev

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 22, 2015, 05:38:22 AM
Quote from: _Zev on October 22, 2015, 05:18:37 AM
It's compatible, but hunting has a few issues, especially in wooded areas. The hunting code is set up to always fire from maximum distance, with the CR mod this distance is much larger for some weapons. The problem is that pawns aren't aware of cover when they're hunting, so they'll happily spend a day shooting trees. It's a core game bug/feature, made extra noticeable by CR. The same is (to a lesser extent) true for normal combat. Distances are larger, which means environment and skill play a much larger role.

Quick solution; equip hunters with pistols or other short range weaponry. Hopefully at some point NIA or Tynan will fix the underlying problem in either the mod, or the core game.
Hmm so either play on a map without that much woods or just avoid rifles altogether.. Hmm I love rifles though.. this is tough..

DaLoSti

I don't seem to be able to build embrasures or barbed wires. Have these things changed? I know turrets are bought from the trader but are *all* the turrets to be bought from traders?

That came as a bit of a surprise when I started out and was unable to build any defenses other than some deadfall trap and sandbags.

The mods I'm using:
Core
CCL
CCL vanilla tweaks
Clutter
Combat Realism Core
CombatRealism Defence
EdB Prepare Carefully
EdB Mod Order
Miscellaneous HiRes
MAI+
More Factions Spawn
RT Fusebox
Additional Joy Objects V2.60

These are also the order of my mods.

The full extent of this mod wasn't well explained on the first page and I had trouble searching for most of my questions throughout this thread regarding the mechanics after certain updates. But that goes for pretty much all the mods I use. Just letting you know that I did try searching for answers first.

Alistaire

Quote from: Dryparn on October 22, 2015, 06:01:08 AM
I found a small bug probobly related to the bug above that pawns does not haul killed animals because of reloading.

When you force shooting a non threathening entity the pawn stops shooting after a reload and need to be reordered to shoot.
By non threathening i mean downed enemies and other things that drafted pawns normally needs to be ordered to shoot at.

All these issues are due to the fact that this is the expected behaviour of the reload job:

• Current job = *
  • If ammo count == 0, Current job = reload
  • Current job = shoot target

Which means whatever the previous job was, it's not stored (due to technical limitations through compatibility with other mods). There are a
few case fixes that require some tinkering with existing systems (make Job "clonable" which it isn't at the moment and which would break all
other mods which add new jobs) though none are perfect.

The desired behaviour would of course be for currentJob to be stored, however storedJob = currentJob stores a pointer which means
when currentJob is set to "reload", storedJob now also contains "reload". To store it you need to make a deep copy of the Job, which is possible
through C# if and only if the method is "clonable" or the class doesn't contain references to other complicated classes (anything but
int, bool etc). Neither are the case with Job, and the alternative is to decide currentJob's job type, do storedJob = new Job() and add every
single part of currentJob to storedJob based on their job type. Still not perfect, because any unknown job type will break the system.

NoImageAvailable

The hunting job has issue is known and is on the list of things to fix once I start working on the AI overhaul. Right now the problem is that it is basically just "do combat against animal" which in turn means "go to 80% of your maximum range and shoot until the target dies". Right now the only workaround I can recommend is to equip hunters with shotguns or other short-ranged weapons rather than sniper rifles.

To expand on what Alistaire said regarding storing jobs, one possible workaround is to store the type and target of specific jobs and issue new ones after reloading. The current in-dev version does this to store force fire jobs, e.g. pawns would keep shooting at a crashed ship part after reload. It is a somewhat awkward and hacky method to do things so I won't extend it to most jobs but I'll see about including hunting.

Quote from: DaLoSti on October 22, 2015, 09:53:56 PM
I don't seem to be able to build embrasures or barbed wires. Have these things changed? I know turrets are bought from the trader but are *all* the turrets to be bought from traders?

Improvised turrets are made at the machining table, the rest is bought. Embrasures and barbed wire should be available right from the start though through the architect menu. I'm not quite sure what could even be causing such a bug. Do you have CCL 0.12.3 or the new 0.12.4 version? Also, does this happen even with no mods other than CR and CR Defence active?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

DaLoSti

Quote from: DaLoSti on October 22, 2015, 09:53:56 PM

Improvised turrets are made at the machining table, the rest is bought. Embrasures and barbed wire should be available right from the start though through the architect menu. I'm not quite sure what could even be causing such a bug. Do you have CCL 0.12.3 or the new 0.12.4 version? Also, does this happen even with no mods other than CR and CR Defence active?
[/quote]

It works now. IT did happen with only CR and CR Defence. I also had trouble 'uninstalling' other mods when realizing they were incompatible/outdated.

I just reinstalled everything and started out with whatever mods I knew to be updated for 12d.

Thanks for the reply.

xareliusx

Is there anyway to uninstall this mod without completely bricking my save? I love this mod, it drastically changes how I play, but it's not really fitting my current play style for this colony. And I don't want to have to start new as I am really liking this map for my base set up.

LustrousWolf

Will this mod be going into more depth of the human body as to what body parts can get injured? For example someones tongue might get cut by a knife or something. Although I am not sure how you would replace those things if they got destroyed?

kirotheavenger

when ever I go to load this mod in my rimworld it gives me a 'there was a compatability issue/outdated one of your mods :/
ive installed the community mod thingy and that works fine- another mod I have that uses it works
the message only pops up after I install this mod.

can someone please expain to me what im doing wrong? this mod just sounds so badass :P

FurryLovingGuy

Quote from: kirotheavenger on October 27, 2015, 10:50:52 AM
when ever I go to load this mod in my rimworld it gives me a 'there was a compatability issue/outdated one of your mods :/
ive installed the community mod thingy and that works fine- another mod I have that uses it works
the message only pops up after I install this mod.

can someone please expain to me what im doing wrong? this mod just sounds so badass :P

I was recently having this problem today. I had the mod running yesterday, but I've been adding and removing mods trying to create a custom feel to the game. Once I was satisfied I try and boot em up, but it refused to work. As I trialed and errored it, I found this to be the problem. I redownled this mod and is reqs, no go. I delete my mod config, no go. How did I eventually fix it?

I redownloads a fresh file of RimWorld and transferred the mods over, not including the old core, and it worked out just fine. To reiterate, get a fresh install, I think the problem is in your old core or something.

Techigai

Was wrestling with this problem today.  Extracting another copy of the game and moving the mods over, excluding the old core, seemed to allow me to load the mods successfully. Why it does this I don't know, just started playing today.