[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on December 09, 2015, 12:14:47 PM
Look, I might not be able to tinker with codes, but observation is something I can do.
Without flyOverhead, I couldn't shoot grenades over walls. With it, I could.
Again, I do not know what's in the code and how it should work, but those are the results I've observed.

The benefits are self-explanatory.

Vanilla functionality of flyOverhead is that it makes a projectile ignore all collisions and lets weapons target things without line of sight. CR extends this by making it also cause weapons to fire in a high arc since it is assumed the only weapon using the tag would be the mortar. That's all there really is to it.

Quote from: eatKenny on December 10, 2015, 06:26:48 PM
can you make a gun malfunction/jam? after every burst the guns have a certain possibility(related to gun typ and quality) to jam, which will take extra time to fire the next burst.

Changing the verb code to call some custom function after firing is easy enough, the tricky part would be actually writing the jamming behavior. You'd need some formula to determine malfunction chance, possibly add a variable to the weapon def itself and write a new job. But it is definitely possible, yes.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

eatKenny

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 11, 2015, 07:38:31 AM
Changing the verb code to call some custom function after firing is easy enough, the tricky part would be actually writing the jamming behavior. You'd need some formula to determine malfunction chance, possibly add a variable to the weapon def itself and write a new job. But it is definitely possible, yes.

i already thought it through:
every firearm has it's own base jam chance <JamChance>, for example AK-47 has <JamChance>0.5</JamChance>, which means after every shot AK-47 has 0.5% base chance for jam, M16 has <JamChance>2</JamChance> means M16 has 2% chance for jam. the quality of the firearm will effect the jam chance:

awful: x5
shoddy: x3
poor: x2
normal: x1
good: x0.7
superior: x0.5
excellent: x0.3
masterpiece: x0.2
Legendary: x0.1

that means, after each shot, an awful AK-47 has an actuall jam chance 0.5x5=2.5%, as a Legendary AK-47 has 0.5x0.1=0.05% actuall jam chance.

and for unjamming it's like reloading which is already in this mod, takes a random amount of ticks like between 60 to 240 ticks. and if the last bullet in magazine causes jam the shooter will firstly unjam and then reload.

Dr. Z

Is this mod compatible with EdB Interface UI? Because I get an NullReferenceExeption about some "Rimworld.SquadAI.Something.BrainTick".

If I start a new colony and/or planet I don't get an exeption but the weapons won't fire after aiming...
Prasie the Squirrel!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 19, 2015, 07:11:09 PM
Is this mod compatible with EdB Interface UI? Because I get an NullReferenceExeption about some "Rimworld.SquadAI.Something.BrainTick".

If I start a new colony and/or planet I don't get an exeption but the weapons won't fire after aiming...

I've been using EdB UI myself and never had any problems with it, the error you get is a result of loading an existing colony with a mod that makes changes to ThinkTrees. Not sure about the other problem, can you enable dev mode in the options and pull up the output log to see if any errors are thrown?

Dr. Z

The moment the weapon is meant to shoot there's an error reading: "Exeption ticking Kramer: System.InvalidCastExeption: Cannot cast from source to destination type. at Combat Realism.Verb ShootCR.TrvCastShot() [0x00000] in <filenmae inknown>:0" (Screenshot is poor quality so I'm writing instead of uploading).

The counter is also continuously counting upwards.
Prasie the Squirrel!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 20, 2015, 05:25:22 AM
The moment the weapon is meant to shoot there's an error reading: "Exeption ticking Kramer: System.InvalidCastExeption: Cannot cast from source to destination type. at Combat Realism.Verb ShootCR.TrvCastShot() [0x00000] in <filenmae inknown>:0" (Screenshot is poor quality so I'm writing instead of uploading).

The counter is also continuously counting upwards.

What weapon and what other mods do you have?

Dr. Z

This was a survival rifle.

These are my mods:
    EdBModOrder
    Community Core Library
    AlphaMuffalo1.9
    Ancient Amulets V1.01
    CaveworldFlora
    Craftable Medicines
    Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
    EdBInterface
    ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering
    Fences
    LT_Brighten
    LT_DoorMat
    LT_RimEffect
    MetalBurnsSlower
    Modular Tables
    More Vanilla Turrets
    Pawn State Icons
    PowerSwitch
    PrisonImprovements
    Realistic Gun Sounds
    RecycleApparel
    RTFTJ
    Stonecutting Tweak
    StorageSearch-1.0
    VeinMiner
    Weapon Effects

+ Combat Realism and the EPOE patch
Prasie the Squirrel!

NoImageAvailable

The error you're getting is a result of Weapon Effects overriding changes made by CR. The mods are currently incompatible, you'll have to use one or the other.

Dr. Z

Well that's to bad. I was hoping they were compatible. Anyway it's a really cool mod you made I'm definitely gonna try out :)
Prasie the Squirrel!

Grimandevil

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 20, 2015, 11:57:38 AM
Well that's to bad. I was hoping they were compatible.
actually it was mentioned in WE thread.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Bitterholz

HI, I got a problem where combat realism would not Load on Alpha 0.12.914
Im new to modding Rimworld so If i should provide logs or else please note me where to find them.

I tried all load orders, have all the dependecies eg. can't imagine what went wrong

Grimandevil

dunno if it has been reported (couldnt be arsed reading 41 pages) but i've encountered this:
when i load CR for the first time and start playing immediately, there is no reload button in pawn's order tab. everything stil works fine, pawns reload by themselves. Restarting the game fixes it.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

TLHeart

Quote from: Grimandevil on December 21, 2015, 02:19:15 PM
dunno if it has been reported (couldnt be arsed reading 41 pages) but i've encountered this:
when i load CR for the first time and start playing immediately, there is no reload button in pawn's order tab. everything stil works fine, pawns reload by themselves. Restarting the game fixes it.

Sounds like you activated the mod and started playing. Anytime you activate a mod, it is good practice to exit out of rimworld completely, then start rimworld again, so that all the changes are loaded correctly from the start. That is what happens when you restarted the game.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Bitterholz on December 21, 2015, 08:08:52 AM
Im new to modding Rimworld so If i should provide logs or else please note me where to find them.

I tried all load orders, have all the dependecies eg. can't imagine what went wrong

Well, you could start by describing your problem since "would not load" could mean any number of things.

Quote from: Grimandevil on December 21, 2015, 02:19:15 PM

Any time you open the mod menu you should restart the game afterwards. It has been known to cause all kinds of crazy issues otherwise.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Bitterholz on December 21, 2015, 08:08:52 AM

Not sure I can be of much help but:
Are you sure the mod is not in double folders?
It should look something like this (emphasis on something);
...\RimworldXXXX\Mods\CombatRealism\About (where "XXXX" stands for the release, A12d for example)
if you see something like;
...\RimworldXXXX\Mods\CombatRealism\CombatRealism\About
then it's the problem.

As for the log, it's the
output_log.txt
in
...\RimworldXXXX\RimWorldYYYWin_Data
folder, where "YYY" stands for...sssomething. A number. Not sure what it indicates.
Attach it so modders might be able to help you.