[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshotkill

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 22, 2016, 03:06:33 PM
Quote from: Headshotkill on January 22, 2016, 12:08:50 PM
Though I must mention that this same problem happened when a group of tribals, only armed with melee weapons attacked.

In that case that sounds like some new bug. Can you post a screenshot of your base layout with some description of the circumstances under which the issue occured?

It's a very small base, defenses are sandbags surounded by barbed-wire. Turrets have embrasures around them to protect them better.
It did some testing spawning tribal raids and changing the situation and it seems that they do fire, but it's extremely slow.

When the turrets focus on one enemy it takes so much time for them to begin shooting that the enemy already reached the sandbags, if there are multiple enemies storming forward the turret seems to twitch around, not knowing on who to focus first which results in it not firing.

If it does eventually shoot in rare occasions, the small burst of three shots is most of the time not enough to bring someone down, the 6 second cool down of the turret itself is just the last nail in the coffin for it's effectivity.

I tested with turrets and other pawns defending with pistols, they did most of the work, turrets alone testing with 5 enemies storming forward resulted in one burst from two turrets AT MOST.
I also saw wether shooting experience seems to be tied into this system but it doesn't seem to matter, wether a high skilled shooter mans it or a rookie.

The status of the pawn manning the turret usually says 'Manning turret', though very rarely it says 'Watching for targets'.

Tatte

Doesn't Work for me? And the install steps don't make sense to me? Please Help!
~Tatte~

Crazytoast42

Ahhh, I feel silly. I forgot the CCL mod. >.<
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.0
Skimmed over the download part, didn't realize I needed it. Took a better peek and figured that out.
Thanks!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Headshotkill on January 22, 2016, 05:24:19 PM

Those don't look like CR turrets, I take it they're from some other mod or modpack? If so I'm afraid I can't give you any support for those since I don't know what those mods did or changed that could cause such behavior.

Quote from: Tatte on January 22, 2016, 06:36:58 PM
Doesn't Work for me? And the install steps don't make sense to me? Please Help!

I would've thought the install instructions are pretty straight forward, what is it that you don't understand?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Headshotkill

I looked it up, the turrets are from 'Superior Crafting', a special version tweaked to work with A12.

I did some test with turrets provided by your mod and those worked perfectly so you don't have to worry about it.

Spare74

I have a problem:
I downloaded the Community Core Library, activate it first and it works fine.
But when I activate Combat Realism I get

I'm running the last version 0.12.914.
Am I doing something wrong?

Headshotkill

Quote from: Spare74 on January 24, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
I have a problem:

I could solve that by placing Combat realism under or above CCL, using EDB mod order. Play around a bit with which mods start first and could work.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Spare74 on January 24, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
I have a problem:

Please upload your output_log.txt found in [YourRimworldFolder]/RimWorld914Win_Data/

Spare74

I gave it another try with EDB mod order and it worked this time even though I loaded it in the exact same order as I did without EDB mod order...
Anyway, it works that's what counts. Thanks for the help.

Still want my log output?

Grimandevil

what a brilliant idea..

[attachment deleted due to age]
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

AllenWL

Pawns should really have a better awareness of were the bullets are coming from.

Flanking enemies are so tricky when my pawns keep on insisting on taking the 'short path' through the bullets.

NoImageAvailable

The suppression algorithm is very barebones at the moment and needs some refinement to include pathing cost. I'll see about including it in the next update. Speaking off the next update, it's about 70-80% done but I can't continue work on certain features until CCL sorts out one of its experimental new features and I'm hoping it won't take more than a few weeks for that.

Making pawns aware of bullets would be fairly tricky to do in a good way but its definitely on the list for the AI update to make the higher level AI's not cross friendly lines of fire.

Grimandevil

hmm, maybe a colonist with enough Negotiation skill could Rally supressed comrades in a limited radius, depending on their suppression level.

need to play less WH..
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

eatKenny

I'm thinking disabling "looking for cover" for DRAFTED pawns, pawns can huncker down under heavy suppression but will hold the position(for tactical reason)

eatKenny

and another thing about weapon ranges/projectile speed:

I think the default weapon ranges/projectile speed in this mod is not fitting gameplay well, in my mod i'm using square root method to rebalance the ranges and projectile speed:

range = 2*√real life effectiv range / projectile speed = 5*√real life muzzle velocity

for example pistol:
range = 2*√50 = 14 / projectile speed = 5*√384 = 98

for example sniper rifle:
range = 2*√1200 = 69 / projectile speed = 5*√830 = 144