[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogfeld

MAI could be bugged, check Haplo mods topic. I have miscellaneous robots and they work fine but I think that MAI could not be compatible with new loadout system.

crusader2010

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 29, 2016, 05:25:34 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on April 29, 2016, 05:19:38 PM
I've got a quick question:

Is there a way to split item stacks(mainly of ammo) into smaller quantities (for example arrows... they weigh too much to carry stacks of 100 or more, so how can I split it into chunks of 50 arrows, or any value I choose?)

Use loadout tab to determine how much ammo pawn should take with him and he will auto-refill it. But you're right there could be some sort of slider or x10 option on picking up stuff.

Thanks a lot! Finally found the loadouts screen (now that I knew to look for it lol).

Unfortunately I found that bows aren't really working. The animation for being about to shoot an arrow does show up, but no arrow is actually flying towards targets. Here's part of my mod list (in this order):

Core
CCL 0.13.1.1
EdB Mod Order
More Vanilla Turrets
High Caliber
Combat realism Core
Rimfire 2.0 for CR 1.6.0
..... some more mods that don't affect weapons in any way...
EPOE
EPOE patch for CR
CCL - Vanilla Tweaks
Hospitality 1.11c
EdB Colonist Bar

Any ideas what could be causing the issues? (big THANK YOU for the mods!)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Grogfeld

Shouldn't CR be before High Caliber? Remember that when you  are two stages. First stage will consume arrow the next will shoot it. With aimed mode first stage is longer (i think)

dareddevil7

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 29, 2016, 06:23:17 PM
MAI could be bugged, check Haplo mods topic. I have miscellaneous robots and they work fine but I think that MAI could not be compatible with new loadout system.
The core has a railgun, the colonist assign keys that I'll never use, and brainpals thing I'll never use either

crusader2010

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 29, 2016, 06:39:16 PM
Shouldn't CR be before High Caliber? Remember that when you  are two stages. First stage will consume arrow the next will shoot it. With aimed mode first stage is longer (i think)

That's another issue: with bows there is no fire mode. It's just the "draft" button and the bow icon to the right of it. Pistols and rifles seem to work ok.

Grogfeld

Quote from: crusader2010 on April 29, 2016, 06:42:11 PM
That's another issue: with bows there is no fire mode. It's just the "draft" button and the bow icon to the right of it. Pistols and rifles seem to work ok.

I don't think that any of this mods are affecting bows, so something could be wrong with mod order or you didn't restart game after loading mods. ;) I'm to tired to think, I'm making too many mistakes writing in English (not my first language) :P

But I can tell that when I load new mods and even restart game sometimes other mods are messing with each other and affecting the way that buttons are displayed.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 29, 2016, 06:39:16 PM

Maybe the issue is the fact that the CR patch for EPOE is from 7 months ago, or that the page for rimfire is saying that there is no version for CR

crusader2010

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 29, 2016, 06:56:40 PM

I don't think that any of this mods are affecting bows, so something could be wrong with mod order or you didn't restart game after loading mods. ;) I'm to tired to think, I'm making too many mistakes writing in English (not my first language) :P

But I can tell that when I load new mods and even restart game sometimes other mods are messing with each other and affecting the way that buttons are displayed.

I did restart after every change. After fiddling a bit with the order of some mods, I finally managed to get the corresponding buttons to appear for bows too! Unfortunately the arrows still don't fire  :o

Here's the changes:

------------------------------------
Core
CCL
CCL Vanilla tweaks
EdB Mod Order
... many mods ...
Combat realism core
Rimfire 2.0 for CR
EPOE
EPOE patch for CR
DE Surgeries
Trade-12
EdB Colonist bar
More Vanilla turrets
High Caliber
Hospitality
------------------------------------

I believe the colonist bar mod could be causing some issues in general (i know it did in the past with the mods I'm playing), and probably Hospitality too.

EDIT:  It seems the issue is only with a crafted Great Bow. Short bows work properly with arrows. Great bows don't seem to be able to fire the "great arrows".

putsam

I am having trouble initializing the mod on mac, can anyone help me?

Poebe

Shouldnt backpack be on shoulders instead of torso in the thingdefs?

dareddevil7

I had a prisoner, he was attempting a prison break, I set up a colonist with a shotgun outside their door with bean bag rounds and when he broke out my colonist shot him, after he was shot a second time he fell over with severe muscle spasms, how long should I expect him to be convulsing violently in bed before he can be released?

akiceabear

Been loving this, unfortunately ran into something of a game-ending bug today. Not sure, but I think what triggered it was a pawn starting a new bill to craft foam ammo for the incendiary launcher at the machining table - at that point everything slowed to a crawl. When I save/reload the problem persist, with many errors in the popup log. See output_log attached.

Separate feedback - my one gripe with this mod is that with the ammo plus Rimfire the machining table is becoming cumbersome to navigate - the list spans 3-4 pages now. Also, some of the Rimfire guns will craft but nothing appears when finished (I assume this is a compatibility issue that may get solved later). I personally would prefer if there was a dedicated ammo table and a dedicated gun table, at least for cleanliness.

Also, I look forward to the slimmed down list of vanilla friendly guns in a CR add-on - Rimfire is great but I feel starting to become a bit bloated. With the advent of different ammos allowing one type of gun to perform several "functions" this is even more obvious.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

AllenWL

Well, if it seems a bit bloated, you can go ahead and remove some guns using the mod options thing. I myself removed most guns leaving only around 10-ish.

Grogfeld

Quote from: akiceabear on April 30, 2016, 02:25:37 AM
Been loving this, unfortunately ran into something of a game-ending bug today. Not sure, but I think what triggered it was a pawn starting a new bill to craft foam ammo for the incendiary launcher at the machining table - at that point everything slowed to a crawl. When I save/reload the problem persist, with many errors in the popup log. See output_log attached.
Have you tried to delete machining table? Most of errors can be managed that way. Just use god mode and delete and then instant build one.

Quote from: akiceabear on April 30, 2016, 02:25:37 AM
Separate feedback - my one gripe with this mod is that with the ammo plus Rimfire the machining table is becoming cumbersome to navigate - the list spans 3-4 pages now. Also, some of the Rimfire guns will craft but nothing appears when finished (I assume this is a compatibility issue that may get solved later). I personally would prefer if there was a dedicated ammo table and a dedicated gun table, at least for cleanliness.
Also, I look forward to the slimmed down list of vanilla friendly guns in a CR add-on - Rimfire is great but I feel starting to become a bit bloated. With the advent of different ammos allowing one type of gun to perform several "functions" this is even more obvious.

It would be great if there was one table for pistols, one for rifles and one for advanced weapons. It shouldn't be that hard to make, just copy paste and name changing in the XML file, right?  ;)

«Temple»

My colonists wont pickup the ammo, its loaded in the loadout, not too big of bulk or to heavy, I'm 100% sure I selected 303 FMJ for the rifle and the ammo is on the ground, the colonists wont pick it up and reload or carry any with them. please help?(Also no error logs popping up, and mods are in order Core,CCL,CCL Vanilla tweaks, EDB Mod Order, and Combat realism, those are the only mods active and in that exact order.)

EDIT: All raiders or other humans(not colonists) have the Loadout generators, any ideas?

NVM ISSUE FIXED, I just reinstalled the game completely.