[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKCaesar

Anyone have any idea of why or how to find out why I'm getting lag on this version of CR? I downloaded the Mega mod pack and that has CR inside and when I use that version I get no lag at all on x3 speed, however the one of this page gives me lag on x3 speed. The lag happens even when I've just started the map and my drop pods haven't even landed while on x3 speed and I usually don't attempt to play any further.

notfood

Quote from: notfood on May 31, 2016, 03:32:59 PM
Changing the name of the default loadout Nothing to something else and then creating a new loadout with the Nothing name, then saving, is catasthorpical. Can't load anymore...

I fixed my error by editting my save.

Assigment gets duplicated for pawns sometimes, it seems random chance.
It appears that in <assigments>, sometimes <pawn> id </pawn> gets duplicated, with makes the save unloadable.

It happens more than often...

crusader2010

I've made the final changes to CombatRealism to get rid of the bugs with "TraverseParms" and "NULL" colonists(probably) and duplicate loadouts. Did test them a bit too, with certain events that were likely to have caused the issues. Everything seems to work perfectly (at least with the mod pack from my signature).

Here's the source and DLL for the mod: CombatRealism source and dll

Simply copy over the DLL into your "\Mods\CombatRealism\Assemblies" folder (after making a backup of the original).

If anyone is willing to test this further, please let me know what you find!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

crusader2010

Quote from: notfood on June 01, 2016, 05:50:17 PM
I fixed my error by editting my save.

Assigment gets duplicated for pawns sometimes, it seems random chance.
It appears that in <assigments>, sometimes <pawn> id </pawn> gets duplicated, with makes the save unloadable.

It happens more than often...

By looking at the error I can see that you have 2 loadouts assigned to the same pawn ("Rori"). This is the key violation from the error. Please try the updated DLL from the previous post and let me know if it works (might require you to delete all the loadouts and recreate them).

PS: do not mess with the default loadout ("Nothing") as this might be one causes for the errors! You should not be able to delete it from in-game anyway. Try loading an older saved game from which you did not edit anything.

Thorbane

Quote from: cakeonslaught on June 01, 2016, 03:37:20 AM
Is anyone familiar with the following error? I get it in connection with my game freezing. I'm using Crusader's mod pack and i think it has something to do with a patch for Haplo's Miscellaneous_Core.

Railgun (normal) burst fire shot count is same or higher than auto fire

That's a bad config on Mis. Core's end.  I fixed it by going into the def file for the railgun in the CR patch and changing
                      <li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_FireModes">
<aimedBurstShotCount>2</aimedBurstShotCount>
<aiUseBurstMode>TRUE</aiUseBurstMode>
<aiUseAimMode>TRUE</aiUseAimMode>
</li>

to
</li>

Also I have a problem with backpacks and tactical vests, they have no quality listed so they are not worn if I set the pawns outfit to not allow normal quality items.  This presents a problem outfitting my higher end troops.

sirgzu

I was looking for that info but couldn't find anything:

Do embrasures provide cover?
If yes: Does the cover apply in adjacent tiles only?
Is there a point to build sandbags behind embrasures?

LustrousWolf

The EPOE patch is 9 months old does it still work o.o

crusader2010

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 02, 2016, 12:24:29 PM

Yes it does; didn't find any issues with EPOE and I have 80+ other mods too :P

joaonunes

Quote from: crusader2010 on June 02, 2016, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 02, 2016, 12:24:29 PM

Yes it does; didn't find any issues with EPOE and I have 80+ other mods too :P

106 items on my loading order and no crashes or critical errors  8) And yes, EPOE patch still works
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

notfood

Quote from: crusader2010 on June 01, 2016, 06:54:26 PM
If anyone is willing to test this further, please let me know what you find!

Played whole in game years with a lot of outfit assigment changes and it's been working with no issue.

Just a little minor one. cast-iron hammer not recognised as hammer for some reason. If loadout set to just hammer it won't let colonist pick up that cast-iron hammer.

LustrousWolf

I have a pawn with AP and HP mags, how do I swap the mags? Because sometimes I need HP to kill Tribals, but then I need AP against Pirates. Is there a better way than making the pawn swap mags? Instead of making them drop one type, reload with the other, then pick up the ones dropped?

jackarbiter

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 03, 2016, 08:08:02 AM
I have a pawn with AP and HP mags, how do I swap the mags? Because sometimes I need HP to kill Tribals, but then I need AP against Pirates. Is there a better way than making the pawn swap mags? Instead of making them drop one type, reload with the other, then pick up the ones dropped?

Right click on the ammunition icon for the pawn and select whichever one you want the pawn to use. Then click reload.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

LustrousWolf

Quote from: jackarbiter on June 03, 2016, 09:52:21 AM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 03, 2016, 08:08:02 AM

Right click on the ammunition icon for the pawn and select whichever one you want the pawn to use. Then click reload.

Cheers :)

Geroj

Almost 9 years, no serious problem at all, just that charger rifle texture spawning in siege

cakeonslaught

Quote from: Thorbane on June 02, 2016, 07:26:09 AM
Quote from: cakeonslaught on June 01, 2016, 03:37:20 AM
Is anyone familiar with the following error? I get it in connection with my game freezing. I'm using Crusader's mod pack and i think it has something to do with a patch for Haplo's Miscellaneous_Core.

Railgun (normal) burst fire shot count is same or higher than auto fire

That's a bad config on Mis. Core's end.  I fixed it by going into the def file for the railgun in the CR patch and changing
<aimedBurstShotCount>2</aimedBurstShotCount>
</li>

to
</li>

Also I have a problem with backpacks and tactical vests, they have no quality listed so they are not worn if I set the pawns outfit to not allow normal quality items.  This presents a problem outfitting my higher end troops.

Thank you very much Thorbane for fixing that!