[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

You're not missing something, it seems I made a facepalm-worthy mistake and forgot to include it in the archive when I uploaded the hotfix. I put it up as a separate download now, sorry about that.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

seanwoody716

No problems... If we didn't have face-palm moments in life what would be the point!!... Glad I could help remedy the situation  ;)

Ronin90

I really like the mortar blast radius, among other things. No need to have dozens of them anymore to get results.

Jeoshua

Excellent work. Guns as dangerous as they should be.

Now all you have to do is make melee weapons a bit more deadly, as well. I've literally seen a 10-skill melee weapon hunter take 30-40 swings on a boar to kill it, with a hunting knife. Even a stick should have incapacitated the thing after no more than 10 blows, fatal shortly after.

We'll see if the changes to organ damage do anything to help.

NoImageAvailable

Melee weapons will definitely get a rebalance some time in the future, lots of oddities right now (concrete club severing legs in one blow, wait what?). I didn't rebalance animal body parts though, so many parts and I don't really have any reference for them.

Also, speaking of mortars, I've been testing a new explosion effect. The next version will include smaller, stronger explosions with lots of shrapnel flying in a large radius, so mortar shells will be more deadly against soft targets in the open while walls and cover will provide more protection (no more raider mortars wiping out entire trade stockpiles in one hit). The same effect will be applied to all explosives with fragmentation effect, i.e. HEAT shells, frag grenades, etc.

popster99

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 31, 2015, 05:05:27 AM
Also, speaking of mortars, I've been testing a new explosion effect. The next version will include smaller, stronger explosions with lots of shrapnel flying in a large radius, so mortar shells will be more deadly against soft targets in the open while walls and cover will provide more protection (no more raider mortars wiping out entire trade stockpiles in one hit). The same effect will be applied to all explosives with fragmentation effect, i.e. HEAT shells, frag grenades, etc.
Oh yes thank you, i was quite surprised when i got besieged, 4 mortar shells managed to rip most of my defenses (including my newly built M2 Browning). And obviously, randy helped alot when he gave me 3 besieges in a row, with this mod installed :P

Novellum

Mortars are vicious, had two slam deep into the center of my base and completely shredded several colonists, my doctor was hit and lost her entire left side. Ended up having to fight it out amongst my ruins, only for my last colonists to go berserk and punch a muffalo for mutual assured destruction.

http://i.gyazo.com/fdf746c80b95879837445190abdb67f4.png

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

NoImageAvailable

Ronin90

When you deconstruct your mortars, you lose all the ammo loaded in them. Is there a way to fix this?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ronin90 on February 03, 2015, 03:56:08 PM
When you deconstruct your mortars, you lose all the ammo loaded in them. Is there a way to fix this?

Maybe, but considering A9 is coming soonish and includes its own ammo system I don't think its worth the effort to be honest.

numen0r

every time I load my game the internal ammo count of my mortars goes -1.

Dragoon

Would you be willing to make https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.0 (rimfire) balanced version of this mod it's also vanilla friendly so I figured they would work well together.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.