[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

I can circumvent the problem when I assign only one or two pawns to the ship and don't set the "min haulers" value.

This makes the loading process possibly but also really slow.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Nope because there exist no A18.
For B18, check the page 33, but contains serveral errors.

Cpt.Ohu

The loading error is the main reason why I haven't updated the download link yet. An experimental release is up, but it needs fixing.

Friendly outposts will also require more work because the system wasn't there when dropships was created.

s44yuritch

Well, the ships are usable if you're aware of the bug. Just need to assign enough pawns directly and not set min haulers, and they will haul all things to the ship.

Sometimes the pawns 'forget' about the loading process however, and go to do other things before everything is loaded. By other things I mean other work, not eating or sleeping.

SpaceDorf

s44yuritch

Correction to my previous post: apparently assigning 5 specific pawns and 0 additional haulers to load the ship still leads to a hang. Oh well.
At least I can still  load people one by one, just not goods, so it's still good to send reinforcements or evacuate someone if that someone can stand up.

SpaceDorf

I think 3 is the breaking point.

I can assign two sometimes to load, but not always. More always breaks.

No matter if I assign them as passengers or dedicated loaders.

I found that assigning a single dedicated hauler for just loading works best.

When being somewhere else than my main base, I assign a one or two tile wide stockpile around the ship. This way even a single loader is done in a few moments and I can load the ship in stages.

s44yuritch

Well, yes, that works when plundering outposts. Not so great when trying to do a merchant run with a few 100s of different items :)

SpaceDorf

evilbob

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: evilbob on January 03, 2018, 04:34:01 PM
I am dreaming of the 18b dropship

Have you tried Shuttlecraft? It looks promising, I haven't gotten around to testing it out yet though.

MrWeeGee

Quote from: MrWeeGee on December 21, 2017, 04:44:29 AM
Confirming this issue as well, game freezes just as my pawn starts hauling the first piece of cargo. Thanks for making some headway on the B18 release though!

Just realized I'm also using Billy's Improved Load Transport Pods which may have been conflicting with the load process of the dropship. I can't really test it out atm, but thought it'd be worth mentioning, in case others having the issue are using it as well.

evilbob

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 05, 2018, 02:24:07 PM
Quote from: evilbob on January 03, 2018, 04:34:01 PM
I am dreaming of the 18b dropship

Have you tried Shuttlecraft? It looks promising, I haven't gotten around to testing it out yet though.

yes i tried shuttlecraft mod. my experience was, could not build shuttlecraft, there was an error with Ancient Ship Crash event my game frees when I opened fire and I had to load each time from save. In addition, I lost some wondering caravans events (the animals disappeared but the cargo remained).
Thanks to the forum's help, I found that shuttlecraft mod was the culprit and I deleted it.
After everything started to work again
I hope this mod will be back soon for 18b because a17 worked perfectly

SpaceDorf

I use Billies Mods as well, did you try without ?

In A17 both mods worked well together and afaik Ohu even used some code from billy