[MOD] (Alpha 7) PurpleIvy - Now with rare melee drops and all consuming Ivy

Started by skullywag, October 18, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zael

I'm not sure how the biome generation works, but would it be possible to make an infested biome for a serious challenge? Start out in a world covered in purple ivy, get devoured or survive by burrowing into a mountain and lighting the floor on fire. Now THAT sounds like a good time xD

Igabod

Quote from: Zael on November 29, 2014, 02:21:01 PM
I'm not sure how the biome generation works, but would it be possible to make an infested biome for a serious challenge? Start out in a world covered in purple ivy, get devoured or survive by burrowing into a mountain and lighting the floor on fire. Now THAT sounds like a good time xD

Something like that has already been suggested before. I agree, it would be a fun challenge mode.

harpo99999

skullywag, there might be a problem with the purpleivy, the problem is that it can spawn INSIDE rocks, not just on bare rought rock, but actually inside minable rock and metal ores

skullywag

I know, this is fixed for alpha 8. Dont have time to do a fix for 7 as its not the same code so not a simple copy and paste.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Rikiki

Hi Skullywag!

I really enjoy your mod and Shinzy's art! :D
I played a crazy game with purpleivy and wanted to give my feedback:
- the purple meteorite landed on January 5th with Cassandra classic!
=> this event should maybe be classified as "very bad" not just "bad" and its category set to "ThreatBig".
- the landed meteorite/gas pump/egg sac cannot be selected.
=> why this?
- as the meteorite landed really near my camp, I destroyed it the same day. However, the plant was continuing to grow very fast.
=> maybe reduce its growing rate when the meteorite is killed?
- I shortly built a wooden wall around this annoying root. The plant stoped growing (new plants remaining at 5% grow) but kept spawning on surrounding cells.
=> the plant should only spawn seeds on surrounding cells when it is mature (100% grow).
- and the craziest to finish: the plant continued to spawn outside from the containment room! (noooooooOOOOooo!!! :o) Not to say my 4 colonists could not stand this for long along with pirate raids...
=> is it really intended?

I hope this has already been corrected for A8!

Thanks for this fun mod Skully! ;D

skullywag

A8 is being rebalanced, there is A LOT to take into account for the spreading algorithm, i have probably rewriten it close to 8 times now as it gets larger and larger, the growing under wall thing is being adressed but not in the way youd like (you wont be able to contain this) the point of this will be an event (yes i need to change those severity tags) will be an major event that you either killquickly if you can or youll struggle, with the difficulty ramping up the longer the spread is allowed to continue. As an example the sprwad in A8 eats your floors, corpses and other plantlife, im in the middle of sorting out the wall/stone/no growable terrain handling now but its hard going I keep finding things that breaks its spread, but ill get there. A7 version may as well still be a "proof of concept" that i originally made the mode for, A8 will be a lot more refined. Hope that helps.

Raufgar

Waiting for this to be in A8 with baited breath...

Hmmmm, now that we have cryptosleep shrines, would you be able to add the purple genesis rock as one of the possible things that can come out when you open a pod? Or just the ivy would also do. And what happens when said Ivy covers a pod? <evul laughter>
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Ded1

A pod covered in ivy should release a corrupted person after a while (think like a zombie, but one that targets everything living thing nearby and infects them as well).  So eventually you would have this hoard of infected creatures charging you to break into the base and infect your colonists.  That would be an amazing addition.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Axel

Seeing as im going to spend 5 hours in an airport tomorrow i might try to write a fanfiction of a world devoured by two equally threatening infections with all the factions presented in mods (that i know of) and maybe even add some household names as the characters (but may not reflect the true person) of this gritty epic. There'll be Tea, Espionage, Crazy Shinzy-ness. But most importantly death. And lots of it.
Lets not forget that it'll be themed around "the thing". So the setting will be an ice sheet biome where a group of rag tag survivors must not only fight the infections but a creature that's escaped and taken their form. but who will it be, and no it will not be Shinzy... might make it Tynan but that'll have to wait till later.

Shinzy

Quote from: Axel on December 16, 2014, 12:16:45 AM
Seeing as im going to spend 5 hours in an airport tomorrow i might try to write a fanfiction of a world devoured by two equally threatening infections with all the factions presented in mods (that i know of) and maybe even add some household names as the characters (but may not reflect the true person) of this gritty epic. There'll be Tea, Espionage, Crazy Shinzy-ness. But most importantly death. And lots of it.
Lets not forget that it'll be themed around "the thing". So the setting will be an ice sheet biome where a group of rag tag survivors must not only fight the infections but a creature that's escaped and taken their form. but who will it be, and no it will not be Shinzy... might make it Tynan but that'll have to wait till later.

Raufgar

Raufgar

Dearest Skullywag,

Hope all is well.

Waiting patiently for A8 version.

You are great.

Sincerely and with great love,

Raufgar

Coenmcj

Shinzy, I'm unsure whether to be terrified or be in awe of it's beauty...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

skullywag

Im still alive. Ill be getting back to this v shortly. Dealing with work, being a dad plus preping for the next little sprog due in may. Life is good but modding had to take a backseat for a bit.

skullywag

This will be re-released when A10 hits. I have what i feel is a very good base mod to work from now, ive rewritten loads, some screenies:

http://imgur.com/hIkhV7w,ZTL18FL,4UBMZLL,EvXwJGh,7iF0mXk,Q564aT3,qT8vL1H,IrGohmv,7DWFUfg,hbGib0O,RrVA55o,rJDobR6,MvoIaW7,qjyoISL#0

see you in A10.