A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightzy

This opens up victory conditions to stuff like I suggested a long time ago :>
The last surviving remnants of the tribe savaged by the mechanids winning by destroying the planetary mechanid hive in a super complex assault scenario :)
sweet.
Hopefully you also get some interesting build options when attacking.

I'm pretty sure the AI will never have a hope of defense though. A smart player will just run around the AI, possibly mining into the power lines, cutting off any perimeter defense.. sniping off units etc.

You'd have to do all RTS AI for this stuff

mumblemumble

Quote from: Lightzy on November 08, 2016, 04:48:23 AM
The last surviving remnants of the tribe savaged by the mechanids winning by destroying the planetary mechanid hive in a super complex assault scenario :)
sweet.
Hopefully you also get some interesting build options when attacking.

I'm pretty sure the AI will never have a hope of defense though. A smart player will just run around the AI, possibly mining into the power lines, cutting off any perimeter defense.. sniping off units etc.

You'd have to do all RTS AI for this stuff
Stop it dammit, your getting me too excited for possibilities
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

The13thRonin

I'm excited that the Alpha 16 previews have quite clearly been hinting that the romance system will no longer be enforcing strict gender roles.

Finally... Together we will close the RimWorld pay-gap /s.

mumblemumble

Quote from: The13thRonin on November 08, 2016, 07:42:26 AM
I'm excited that the Alpha 16 previews have quite clearly been hinting that the romance system will no longer be enforcing strict gender roles.

Finally... Together we will close the RimWorld pay-gap /s.
the sarcasm in the air is so thick im choking on it.  :D
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

JesterHell

Another teaser from Tynan.

Element4ry

It looks so great, I'd eat it. I wonder if we would need to build the boats to go across the seas.
·–·· ––– ··· · / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –– ·· –· –·· / –··–· / · ·– – / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –·–· ·–· · ·––

Rafe009

Quote from: JesterHell on November 08, 2016, 08:41:16 PM
Another teaser from Tynan.

Really cool, he's showing what looks like the blue homebase - I assume it's home from the last image and the fact there is only one icon of this color - on an island. Does this suggest we will be able to research surface and water craft construction and might be able to use a similar menu as the shipbuilding menu to build aquatic vehicles  to traverse water?

JesterHell

Quote from: Element4ry on November 08, 2016, 09:03:43 PM
It looks so great, I'd eat it. I wonder if we would need to build the boats to go across the seas.

Quote from: Rafe009 on November 08, 2016, 09:13:12 PM
Really cool, he's showing what looks like the blue homebase - I assume it's home from the last image and the fact there is only one icon of this color - on an island. Does this suggest we will be able to research surface and water craft construction and might be able to use a similar menu as the shipbuilding menu to build aquatic vehicles  to traverse water?

Well in the "A16 Island start and Caravane Issue" thread Tynan says.

Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2016, 03:49:27 PM
There will be a solution.

The same solution pirates use already!

The only solution that pirate use that i can think of is drop pods, probably a new thing to build on your space ship instead of cryptosleep caskets, its the simplest solution to implement on a first pass.

Mr.Cross

This "Ice Planet" makes me wonder if these planets are just going to be Aesthetic or if they are actually going to add some more chellenges into the game. I.e Ice planet = Temp is always below (Define temp here) or say a Jungle planet where it almost never stops raining which would in turn Incur mood debuffs in the begining (cause no one likes being in the rain.) and persistent shooting accuracy penalties?
Claims to know most things.

Cimm0

Quote from: Lightzy on November 08, 2016, 04:48:23 AM

I'd love to see this in several parts, for example:

1) Set up your own colony after barely escaping.
2) Make friends with other tribes.
3) Give them things in return for taking part in assaulting the mechanoid hive OR force them to.
4) Final assault with as many tribes as you want helping you with a giant human wave assault on mechanoid primary hive.

This way you could use social skills (make friends), economic power (bribe and equip them), combat performance (heavy weapon squad + human wave) and equipment - basically everything - to work towards a goal that you can not handle alone. All kinds of characters would be useful! Lots of relationships and memories to be made!

ShadowTani

Quote from: Mr.Cross on November 08, 2016, 10:52:01 PM
This "Ice Planet" makes me wonder if these planets are just going to be Aesthetic or if they are actually going to add some more chellenges into the game.

I just think this shows that we now will be able to visually see the seasons change on the world map and this is how it'll look during the winter season.

Vincent

Anyone else have a multiplayer feeling from these teasers ?  :P

Jimyoda

Quote from: Vincent on November 09, 2016, 06:46:49 AM
Anyone else have a multiplayer feeling from these teasers ?  :P
I thought each home icon was the player's additional colonies, but now that you mention it, it seems like each home icon could be *another online player's* home colony. A raid might not always be a party of AI pirates or tribals, but rather the pawns from another player, sent by caravan. Each colony fighting each other for survival. Some colonies could be allies for trade and defend each other.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Alenerel

STOP STOOOOOP

No multiplayer, just no. Multiplayer in Anno, multiplayer in Tropico, people even request multiplayer in Besiege! Stop asking multiplayer for games where it doenst make any sense at all!!!

JesterHell

Quote from: ShadowTani on November 09, 2016, 06:44:22 AM
Quote from: Mr.Cross on November 08, 2016, 10:52:01 PM
This "Ice Planet" makes me wonder if these planets are just going to be Aesthetic or if they are actually going to add some more chellenges into the game.

I just think this shows that we now will be able to visually see the seasons change on the world map and this is how it'll look during the winter season.

Its called
QuoteRimWorld: The Ice Planet
on Tynan's Twitter so...