[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

Quote from: leonlim007 on March 29, 2017, 11:00:03 AM
Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 29, 2017, 08:58:46 AM

While playing with Minions I've developed a hankering for more animal handlers in my colony, so I created a set of five new animal handler backstories that makes it possible for more to show up.

Yeap. The Minions mod created an unprecedented importance in animal handling/training.

Because the Minions are pretty much useless (like chickens) if you do not train them. And for the new generations of the minions (bred with those thousand year old monsters), its only until they are teenagers (if I'm not wrong) before they would be able to train for heavy duties like hauling, logging, etc...

I had never needed pawns to do purely animal handling work until I had the Minions mod
while the ages of the minions  baby (only obedience trainable(and obdience seems to include cleaning)) as is toddler but when they get to child (at two seasons of age), they can be trained in haulling, then at three seasons you get teenage minions that can even rescue, and at four seasons they are adult

WalkingProblem

Quote from: CutiesDeathCab on March 29, 2017, 09:41:51 PM
Hello, I am asking for permission to place your mod into a database I am working on for RimWorld mod Listings. I plan on keeping it updated with the help of some others. The post will contain the following
[Version, Title, Author, Direct Topic Link, Direct Download Link (From the topic)]
Either PM me, Or reply to this message. Thank you. :)
P.S: The Database will have its own topic once I have a decent amount in the database.

I am actually pondering about doing something in regards to a mod database as well. Its cool that you are on it.

[ Version 2.1, Minions for RimWorld, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30647.0 , http://dinorim.mingjilim.com/sdm_downloads/rimworld-minions-ver-2-1/ ]

Since you are on it, I would suggest you try to segregate the mods into the various types of mod they are. Like factions, animals, weapons, etc...

For the Minions, this is actually an Animals addon mod =}

Quote from: Napple on March 30, 2017, 03:56:34 AM
Is there any way to reduce all the age related illnesses affecting both minion types due to how old they can get.

Not sure... I havent went to look at this yet; but usually it doesnt really matter because once they become your pawns, they will mate right at the beginning of the game, give birth with dementia and then die in a raid. Most adult minions in my games (which are all tribals) find it hard to survive past the first year. By the end of first year, you are already looking at a whole new generations of young Minions dying (sometimes literally) to serve you, their evil master~

Quote from: harpo99999 on March 30, 2017, 04:31:15 AM
while the ages of the minions  baby (only obedience trainable(and obdience seems to include cleaning)) as is toddler but when they get to child (at two seasons of age), they can be trained in haulling, then at three seasons you get teenage minions that can even rescue, and at four seasons they are adult

Haha, you know it better than me (I already forgotten about the specifics)

I actually ponder about putting some other skills like harvesting and mining into rescue.... but decided not to do it, so that the minions can be more useful before they die a premature death (which 80% of the minions in my games are). Perhaps I have to stop using child soldiers (minions) to defend against raids...

AngleWyrm

Quote from: leonlim007 on March 30, 2017, 11:24:18 AM
I am actually pondering about doing something in regards to a mod database as well. Its cool that you are on it.

I can understand the appeal as I find satisfaction in collecting things as well; probably some instinctual archetype.

It's fun to have the full set or to curate a carefully selected bunch. They do require a lot of time and attention to keep up with the ever-changing population of new and improved mods, so it's a hobby if you have time to spend.

Minion Cleaning Performance
I have 19 adult minions with haul training, 13 of which are maxed out to 7/7 gold. That's a lot of time and food spent training up minions.

Why are these hallways dirty?

I won't be able to give a second report on this issue; that's just the way mod report interactions work.

So I recommend making a decision on how many spots of floor cleaning a minion will do per day for each level of training, and then working back from there.

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

arnoldboy3

Ikarus Kumo

Canute

I just tryed out the mod "Hunt for me" and notice a new trainable thing for animals.
Maybe you can adapt this for minions too. To add extra
Cleaning,mining,chop,harvest training ?

SpaceDorf

@angelwyrm

minions trained in hauling do less cleaning because they do different things as well.

I have different Zones for Minions, a Training Zone, where all Newborns go.
A Butcher Zone where all Addicted and Female Babies go for population control.
The Home Zone, where all trained females and release trained young ones go.
A Trained Minion Zone which excludes some areas the should not roam, like rooms,
where all fully trained minions go.

The females assist hauling in the homezone and occasionally clean, while the young ones clean sometimes, in numbers enough to that I don't need a fulltime janitor.

I don't think trained ones like mining very much, of my 20 odd trained minions 2 tiles were mined. I even sent a handfull to a zone with a mining order next to them, which all of them ignored for a full day.
I still have not seen them chop trees or harvest something, but I might have missed it.

@leonlim007

can't you assign different textures to the minion genders ?
tall ones to the males, the short ones to the females ?
I know it's not the end goal but at least a bit optical difference.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 31, 2017, 06:21:30 AM
minions trained in hauling do less cleaning because they do different things as well.
Forum bug reports are typically followed by
  • 0~3 explanations of why everything is fine the way it is
  • 0~3 just-trying-to-help posts of the form 'have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in?'
  • 0~2 requests for more information
  • 0~1 efforts to become entangled in a social formation through PM, text chat service or voice.
I like your use of areas.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 31, 2017, 07:43:39 AM

Forum bug reports are typically followed by
  • 0~3 explanations of why everything is fine the way it is
  • 0~3 just-trying-to-help posts of the form 'have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in?'
  • 0~2 requests for more information
  • 0~1 efforts to become entangled in a social formation through PM, text chat service or voice.

Crap .. I violated the Code.

• done
  • 'have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in?' - It does work most of the times ..
  • requests for more information - overrated, most users don't understand this question
  • efforts to become entangled in a social formation through PM, text chat service or voice - stop posting hot chicks :P

Your HTML Makes you really hard to quote :)
Zones are Rad .. My favorite one is the "siege camp"-animal zone.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 31, 2017, 06:21:30 AM
@angelwyrm

I have different Zones for Minions, a Training Zone, where all Newborns go.
A Butcher Zone where all Addicted and Female Babies go for population control.
The Home Zone, where all trained females and release trained young ones go.
A Trained Minion Zone which excludes some areas the should not roam, like rooms,
where all fully trained minions go.

The females assist hauling in the homezone and occasionally clean, while the young ones clean sometimes, in numbers enough to that I don't need a fulltime janitor.

I don't think trained ones like mining very much, of my 20 odd trained minions 2 tiles were mined. I even sent a handfull to a zone with a mining order next to them, which all of them ignored for a full day.
I still have not seen them chop trees or harvest something, but I might have missed it.

@leonlim007

can't you assign different textures to the minion genders ?
tall ones to the males, the short ones to the females ?
I know it's not the end goal but at least a bit optical difference.

Hmm... Noted, I will do some intense testing and perhaps changing the codes a little to make them be less "casual" about working.

Noted on the male and female thingy, let me go see how to do it, I will add the 1 eye minion in.

Tall and fat one perhaps cant add in.. unless I create them as separate species of minions. What you guys think?

So perhaps 1 eye minions are 1 species, 2 eyes are another.
Or 1 eyes are always female, 2 eyes are male.

===

I will release an update once I get these done.

Canute

QuoteHmm... Noted, I will do some intense testing and perhaps changing the codes a little to make them be less "casual" about working.
Then my idea comes in handy.
When you got different sub-training abilities like cleaning,mining,harvesting you can just focus to train a few minions at this things and they stay focused on that.

WalkingProblem

Okay... after various testing. it looks like pets will never do work reliably like a pawn. They just do when they feel like it. And it seems like the intervals between doing chores are an hour apart at its quickest/most frequent. No matter what you set, they will not do it more often.

So, the Minions just gonna be like the Minions in the movie, utterly unreliable when comes to doing chores and serious things. At least they willing to die for you.

But I will explore a different way of adding varieties in texture in my next release. I have a plan

Canute

If you realy want this kind of minions, then you need to go away from animals.
They need to be like the Misc. robots. Then Minions can be controled, can equip weapon/armor and got skills but don't count as colony pawns.
But the question are can these minion reproduct self like animals can.
Make ask haplo about that.

SpaceDorf

I have the "work ethic" of the Minions is allready better in 2.0/2.1

I can't say for sure, because the Minion Event was to short, maybe next time I try to capture them by downing them first ..

Barky

I'm not very good at this game.