[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 20, 2017, 06:10:03 AM
fluffy don't have update animal-tab yet, and my game are too buggy to try a tricky manual update...
Is waiting....

But the Colony Manager does this .. look under the wildlife or taming settings :)
But I think it doesn't distinguish between male and female animals

--------

As for Weapons, I think it is fitting for Minions to grab whatever they like instead of you deciding.
You decide by producing what you want them to use ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

I got 3 errors now after loading a safe
Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Minion/Minion_F_TPack, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(String, Shader, Vector2, Color)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveAllGraphics_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Pawn_AgeTracker:<RecalculateLifeStageIndex>m__8F0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://gist.github.com/ca1931905fbbd7f48d8af70427a74f55
It don't affect the gameplay so far, just curious what cause this.

btw. Minions can't do refuel so far. But isn't that a hauling job, maybe you should teach that to them.

SpaceDorf

Adding Refueling and Removing Labors that fall under the Hauling description are a good Idea.
Hauling Bots do this as well.

SpaceDorf

Another Idea, propably mentioned earlier.

Have the different Training Types Match different Jobs, or even Add Training types.

Canute

Hey, i mention that allready for V2 :-)
But nice to see someone else got the same idea.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 24, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
Another Idea, propably mentioned earlier.

Have the different Training Types Match different Jobs, or even Add Training types.

I thought about it... but I thought I shouldnt overcomplicate the training thing for the Minions. It may break saves. For the effort, I felt it might not add much to the gameplay or game experience. Thats why I didnt try to add it.

As for more work type - I'm adding a few new ones (done), still hacking to get a few more up - and I will launch the next release

BD

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 20, 2017, 07:35:13 AM
Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 20, 2017, 06:10:03 AM
fluffy don't have update animal-tab yet, and my game are too buggy to try a tricky manual update...
Is waiting....

But the Colony Manager does this .. look under the wildlife or taming settings :)
But I think it doesn't distinguish between male and female animals

--------

As for Weapons, I think it is fitting for Minions to grab whatever they like instead of you deciding.
You decide by producing what you want them to use ..

Hi,
have you tried the colony manager by fluffy with your mod? Sadly it only shows the first minion on map and can't manage them.  :(
I like the minions in rim world, but after a while it gets very crowded. So a population management would be awesome. :)
Thx for your work.

Canute

Like for all other animals too, seperate male and females.
I got 3 animal zones, one for the females, one that exclude the female zone, and one that exclude the females but only inside as "safe" zone.
Since minions geting 3-5 babys each, i just keep a few females in case i need new babies.
All other females get slaughtered.
To bad the neuter mod didn't got updated yet, then you got another tool for animal population.

But Walking Problem,
can you do anything about the minion behavior ?
They get attacked by predator and don't even fight back ?
I installed on many on them scyther blades, but when they don't fight it don't help.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on June 28, 2017, 08:26:31 AM
I got 3 animal zones, one for the females, one that exclude the female zone, and one that exclude the females but only inside as "safe" zone.
Since minions geting 3-5 babys each, i just keep a few females in case i need new babies.
To bad the neuter mod didn't got updated yet, then you got another tool for animal population.

But Walking Problem,
I installed on many on them scyther blades, but when they don't fight it don't help.

You can use "Birds & Bees" from Fluffy to neuter the females. But slaughtering is faster and more efficient in my oppinion.

SpaceDorf

I am in a pretty grim mood today ..

which made me think of some things I would like to do with my minions.
As Minion Lore explains, the follow the most evil and bad overlord.

So please let me go all Nefario Frankenstein on them .. fix up the old grizzled war minion with some spare baby parts ..
give their bodies free Slots to implant Weapons and Armors ..
I have not used A Dog Said yet, so I don't know how much is possible with this one. I always had the feeling it produces more problems than it's worth, also because I use Rah's Medicine and not EPOE ..

Maybe even put in some Minion specific research .. once I got some purple ones.

Also I want my fart-guns ! ( with smoke belts and grenades this should be possible .. )

Canute

It is allready possible to implant bionics to minions even without A Dog Said. Each part increase the HP of the minion (i think).

But the real problem are, they are still animals, and i think he can't change it that they use weapons,armor or use abilities.
Look at the star wars mod, no raider ever used force ability.

SpaceDorf

It does not have to be a force power.

But hediffs that increase the minions combat abilities.
DPS, some Armor .. only your Tamer has to put it on them with a cheap "operation"

And I know it's not perfect. But WP also made the GoT Slaves which seem to be armed ..

And I don't want to use Costly Bionics .. I want to chop up some Baby Minions to replace damaged body parts of allready trained minions. ( you know .. just like prisoners and colonists  ::)  )

Canute

Armed no, just the grafic looks thats. He just increase the natural attack.
You just can install sythe blade on minions, that increase their DPS alot, but lower their carry capacity. They got more DPS then these predators from Tropical mod, but they just don't fight back on their regular work. It happen 2 times now that some panther hunt them for food and killed them, but i think there is no aggresive reaction against predator on food hunt since they arn't enemies so far.

But with all the bionics from A Dog said, you can improve the minions to some fearsable fighters. But the the downside, they are all implants and you can't get them out of dead bodies. So any bionic minion is pretty expensive.

A better solution are, you try to tame a pair of evil minions to build up your evil minion army. But since the tame chance is very very low (my best tamer got 0.5% but without infusion mod) and even a few hundert tendings no evil minion wanted to join my evil side of force.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on July 02, 2017, 11:51:45 AM

But with all the bionics from A Dog said, you can improve the minions to some fearsable fighters. But the the downside, they are all implants and you can't get them out of dead bodies. So any bionic minion is pretty expensive.

That's what I am suggesting.
Produce some Minion Weapons ..
make a Operation Recipie for it ..
Replace Minion Arm with Minion Arm Holding Weapon .. +Hediff +5 Melee Dps ..
You still don't get your stuff back, but it is not as crazy as building the Six Million Dollar Minion
Also .. there is a Mod in Production for that :)

I know it does not work with guns .. but considering we are talking about Minions here, I think this is a good thing.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on June 28, 2017, 08:26:31 AM

But Walking Problem,

This is a A17 issue. I will be looking into it. Because in A17, the predator and prey behaviors is changed. This affects the RimSlaves too.

-------

As for A Dog Said, it will be implemented in the next release via the use of the Quick Patch for A Dog Said mod.

As for replacing minions arm with weapons.....hmm.... I will think about it. =P