[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Thank you for your hard work!
I'll add them to the mods soon ;D

Hydromancerx

In the Map Generator mod how do I make a huge parking lot that covers the whole map?

Haplo

Make it the mapsize - 2 and activate the center map flag.
You can test the center map flag previously with a smaller blueprint ;)

pyr0kid

is there anyway to replace or repair the shields that MAIs spawn with?

edit: this game just loves fucking with me. so, i guess the nano thing does heal that aswell. also while im making an edit, any idea how to turn off this verification crap?

SSven

Hi there it seems robots addition screws up the game a little bit; cant change material of buildings. Well, i can but they still accept wood only. They still build "slate wall" with the wood but it still wants wood. Gives back wood after deconstruction. Version alpha15b. Only Misc Core and robots are loaded, core first and robots second. all other mods are disabled and restarted the game after disabling other mods.

What is going on? This > https://gyazo.com/50c35217a811baf0c0c203223846c333

Canute

QuoteVersion alpha15b
Most of the mods, special the ones who are marked with A15c, didn't work (well) with previous rimworld version.
You should update and check if that helps.

SSven

HeruAsatru

I seem to have a problem where the frames drop to 10-20 when the Hauling Bots have nothing to do and are idly wandering around. Any idea what I can do about that besides deactivating them when there's nothing to do?

Haplo

Sorry, but there isn't anything I can do about it. The code it uses for the idling is the same code every other pawn uses. Aka vanilla code.
Hopefully this will be better in a16..

14m1337

how about giving a separate idle mode to the bots: if there's nothing to do, then they may go back to their base station and start reloading. after being fully loaded, they start business as usual. if there's nothing to do, and they are nearly at full energy, they could enter a waiting mode in their base station for about let's say 24 hours. and the player detects anything that needs to be done by the bot, he can activate the bot manually.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Canute

I think the Idle lag from robots comes , because they search for work.

Like 14m mention before, when a robots becomes idle, he should allways return to the base.
But i think the recharge process allways should maintain a fixed time, 1 ingame hour.
After these hour the robot becomes active again, and look for work. If he don't find any he just start another maintain cycle.
I don't think haplo will change this for A15 but for A16 he should change the idle robots. :-)

Thundercraft

PTW.

Also, is it too soon to ask if A16 updates are in the pipeline? (Misc. MapGenerator is what I miss most.)

Trinan

I have the problem that my May as need has Codependent to May2, May3 May 4 May 5 May6 .. what does that mean ??

All 6 Ai are still in my Base :(

Love

Quote from: Hammurapie on December 21, 2016, 06:51:58 AM
MAI for a16 soon?  ::)
He's working on it, a few of his mods are updated on the Workshop and I imagine he'll update the thread when he's finished.