[A14d] Wave Survival Mode (v. 1.0 - July 27)

Started by Justin C, February 27, 2015, 02:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: Asfalto on February 28, 2015, 12:58:43 PM
So it should trigger raids from GlitterTech, zombies, and so on?
It won't trigger raids from zombies. The zombie mod will spawn them randomly without warning, as usual. Sometime within the next couple days I will have a zombie faction addon for the mod that just spawns like any other faction.

Quote from: Latta on February 28, 2015, 01:00:42 PM
It seems like I can't load any saved game with this storyteller. I'll try to figure out if it's caused by conflict with other mods.
I just tested it and got the same problem. Loading from the menu still works. I'll have to see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Quote from: zebransay on February 28, 2015, 02:20:08 PM
I'm not sure if it's the mods that I'm using but sometimes when it's time for the pirates to come, nothing happens. I'm also not getting that many reinforcements and I'm not getting food or medicine from the resource drops.
If there are no pirates coming that could be a mod compatibility issue.

Medicine and food only drop when you are running low on them. If your colonists are starving, it could be caused by having too many forbidden meals from dead raiders. If this is causing problems I'll try to fix it for the next release.

Quote from: michal3588 on February 28, 2015, 01:57:18 PM
Quote from: Latta on February 28, 2015, 01:00:42 PM
It seems like I can't load any saved game with this storyteller. I'll try to figure out if it's caused by conflict with other mods.
Same here. Close the game and then load. Loading from main menu still works.

I've just tested mod and it's great. But waves should be much bigger. I'm playing on 160% and in 57th wave there was ~17 pirates. Tribes comes in little bigger numbers but still nothing to be worry about. I`ve been expecting real Survival Mode. But instead of that there is powerful 'inside the mountain' base standing against 10-20  enemies :p.
Where are those hordes of ruthless pirates?!
I NEED MOOOOAR!
:)
They will eventually grow massive. The buildup is gradual to prevent the game from being too overwhelming in the early game.

I will probably be adding more challenges that happen after a certain number of waves, like multiple raids happening at the same time, and sieges that happen every 5 or 10 waves. I think it's probably a good idea to make the point value of raids increase faster in later waves.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Iwillbenicetou

Wow. Amazing. Is there any rules about going into god mode and cheating a massive bunker?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Urudin

I do not have any traders. Any ideas why?
Also, is there a way to call them?

Justin C

Quote from: Urudin on March 07, 2015, 01:08:52 PM
I do not have any traders. Any ideas why?
Also, is there a way to call them?
If you have a command console they will show up frequently.

Quote from: Canute on March 08, 2015, 08:14:28 AM
I got trader's, at last the regular ones i can contact with the console. The on map traders from Misc. Mai, didn't appear any yet.

Any idea on an update, for the loading game issue ?

Not yet. It's a fairly minor issue since people can still load from the main menu, so I probably won't be having a new release just to fix the bug. I'll try to have a fix in there for the next content update of the mod.

Justin C

Quote from: Canute on March 12, 2015, 05:13:50 AM
Ok i think i encounter a small problem.
You know your colony get positiv faction hits when you release prisoners ?
You can get neutral at this way even with hostile factions they don't want speak with you before.

But when a ex-hostile faction are neutral now, they won't raid you at the next wave anymore. They don't even come to visist you, no chance to made them angry at you.

And you only generate raid's from the hostile faction on the world. Whats about mechanoid rais or Ant's if you got the mods ?

I think you should add the regular event from the other storytellers too.
Mechanoid raids already happen in the mod, and Ants should work fine if you had the Ant faction mod installed.

Justin C

If anyone has any more ideas for this mod now is the time to make suggestions, before it's time to start working on the Alpha 10 release.

Current planned features for the Alpha 10 release (subject to change, as I have not yet starting working on them):
- After a certain number of waves there will be occasional sieges. They won't be random. Instead it will be every fixed number of waves, and the countdown will let you know if the next wave is a siege wave. I might spawn an additional low-point raid from the same faction at the same time.
- Later in the game you will start getting multiple raids at the same time. I'm not sure if I want to force it to have two raids of the same faction, or just allow occasional fighting between simultaneous raiding parties.
- Drop pod raiders won't arrive until after a certain raid.
- Drop pod raids will be slightly less common.
- Instead of using the WandererJoin incident to add new colonists, I think I will just send them in via a drop pod on your trade beacon (like the resources) so they don't have to travel in from the edge of the map.

I will also be making an add-on for the Alpha 10 release with the Zombie faction that will actually spawn during normal raids like any other faction, and will not have the airborne incident. There will still be zombie infections and reanimation. This faction will be included with the main mod download but it will be entirely optional just in case people prefer a more vanilla experience.

bigmap

popster99

If you make the raiders flee they join the next attack wave

Play2Jens

Yeah, I also love to see this with Alpha 11's new combat AI

Justin C

I will not be releasing this for Alpha 10, but I do plan on updating it for Alpha 11. I have to focus on Zombie Apocalypse first, so don't expect this any sooner than a week or two after Alpha 11 launches.

Sheyka

hey justin
i'm waitin for your update to alpha11 for this mod. me and my friend love this mod sooooooo much <3
Sorry for bad english <3