[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diana Winters

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 31, 2016, 06:59:25 PM
There's more reason to post hopefulness on the internet than there is reason to post rudeness.

Take the hint

I'm not trying to be rude, but everybody asking the same question when it's been answered repeatedly is definitely rude.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

DariusWolfe

Quote from: 1000101 on August 31, 2016, 07:16:39 PM
I'm not trying to be rude, but everybody asking the same question when it's been answered repeatedly is definitely rude.

It's not rude. It's the internet. When you make something people really like, they're going to get excited and pester you, and this is exacerbated by having a few dedicated spots to enthuse over that thing.

Telling people to shut up, even if you don't use those exact words ("be hopeful silently" is telling people to shut up) is rude, though. I get that it's annoying (intellectually; I've never made anything people get this excited about) but is it really that difficult to just ignore the hopeful posts?

Edit: Also, Diana? Not even vaguely the same thing. Pestering someone to give up their personal information or spend time with you is a far cry from asking for updates to a product made public. Conflating harassment with asking for updates is kind of insulting to women who have to deal with the real thing.

Diana Winters

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 31, 2016, 07:19:44 PM
<snip>
Edit: Also, Diana? Not even vaguely the same thing. Pestering someone to give up their personal information or spend time with you is a far cry from asking for updates to a product made public. Conflating harassment with asking for updates is kind of insulting to women who have to deal with the real thing.

Yes, it's very offending to myself :p

Get off your high-horse, seriously

DariusWolfe

I like it here, thanks. I can see so much farther.

And yeah, it probably is insulting to yourself, even if you choose not to see it that way. But hey, guess what? You're not the only woman on the internet, either!

I like arguing on the internet. Normally I prefer to do it civilly and respectfully, but I can get down with a good flame war or petty namecalling argument too, if I'm in the right mood. I'd rather not here because, within the context of Rimworld, I respect both you and E for the contributions I've seen you both make to the community.

But I call it like I see it, and I always will. I don't expect I'm going away any time soon, either.

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 31, 2016, 07:19:44 PMIt's not rude. It's the internet.

The medium doesn't change whether it's polite/rude/tactful/tactless.

Anyway, It's coming, I'm working on it, I get that people are excited and/or looking forward to it for whatever reasons.  But at the same time having to respond to all the queries cuts into the time I can work on it so please stop posting queries about it.  It'll be ready when it's ready.

Regarding the video and harassment, I highly doubt she was trying to equate anything and it was just meant to be funny.  It's an insult to women who have to deal with that to try to draw parallels where there aren't any when it wasn't meant in it's original context to do so.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.