Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

Quote from: Ketzal on May 20, 2014, 11:50:31 AM
Just remembered a couple more:

- Colonist/Prisoner counters (display could be in resource area)
- Harvest zones.  Set a zone where wild crops (berries and such) get harvested when grown instead of a regular manual process.
- Hunting zones.  Same theory as above, but maybe with a max/min threshold (when there are more than y animals, kill until x animals remain).  Would work well with animal breeding/ranches.

Counter colonist/prisoners/enemies on map - http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
Hunting dependable on your crafting bill requirements - http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0
Muffalo Breeding - http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3338.0

Check the existing mods before you start posting suggestions
All i do is clutter all around.

Austupaio

That's not really fair, just because something is a mod doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't become a standard part of the game.

Ruin

In fact, one would hope the best mods do get pulled into the game.  That way, Tynan can adjust the AI for them and possibly optimize them to a degree far greater than is accessible by a mod developer.

Ruin

Quote from: Sion on April 30, 2014, 03:56:18 PM
Easy: A colonist counter, it simply displays how many colonists you have in the colony, so you no longer need to count 30+ colonists in the Overview menu.
d and total), more?

If you are going to expose the colonist counter, it might be cool to see the Min/Max/Critical values next to it.  Sometimes I find myself wanting a specific colonist unless it is the last one I will get and need to wait for something specific).

Austupaio

Quote from: Ruin on May 25, 2014, 01:33:48 PM
In fact, one would hope the best mods do get pulled into the game.  That way, Tynan can adjust the AI for them and possibly optimize them to a degree far greater than is accessible by a mod developer.
I don't think Tynan wants the legal headache of actually implementing mods, and he doesn't really need to. Especially not for things as simply as interface adjustments.

SSS

Quote from: Austupaio on May 25, 2014, 02:18:19 PM
Quote from: Ruin on May 25, 2014, 01:33:48 PM
I don't think Tynan wants the legal headache of actually implementing mods, and he doesn't really need to. Especially not for things as simply as interface adjustments.

I don't think "implementing other's mods" would be how it's presented, but it shouldn't be a problem even if it was. Rimworld is Tynan's intellectual property, and we're sharing derivative works on the official forum for said IP. He can do whatever he wants with regards to modding.

By posting mods, especially here, you're basically giving up the creative rights to your idea.

Austupaio

Uh, not a chance? My mod uses IP of several different game companies, I cannot by proxy give Tynan the legal rights to implement them. Further, if I implemented anything that was of my own design, that was copy-righted, he'd have no rights to use that, either.

SSS

Quote from: Austupaio on May 25, 2014, 07:11:24 PM
Uh, not a chance? My mod uses IP of several different game companies, I cannot by proxy give Tynan the legal rights to implement them. Further, if I implemented anything that was of my own design, that was copy-righted, he'd have no rights to use that, either.

Well, if you don't own the creative rights to start with, that's obviously a different story. Beyond that, I doubt many users here have registered copyrights for... well, anything. Many of the things implemented are abstract, anyway, which makes a copyright claim strained in the first place. (I'm referring to things like trees, steam power, etc. A unique alien or gun design could be copyrighted, of course.)

mrofa

Tynan did gone with this a easy way not a sinister and complicated :P
Check this
All i do is clutter all around.

Pulaskimask

Make the death of a colonist make the other colonists lose happiness.

Make the recruitment of a new colonist make the other colonists gain happiness.

Cpt.Fupa

Maybe the colonists can get married that would make them happier even if they share a room but if one dies the other could go on a mental break and wander or destroy

pawnstorm

Quote from: SSS on May 25, 2014, 08:15:57 PM
Well, if you don't own the creative rights to start with, that's obviously a different story. Beyond that, I doubt many users here have registered copyrights for... well, anything. Many of the things implemented are abstract, anyway, which makes a copyright claim strained in the first place. (I'm referring to things like trees, steam power, etc. A unique alien or gun design could be copyrighted, of course.)
If you create something new, it has a copyright by default even without notice, you don't have to register it.

king komodo

Ok don't know if this was suggested here or if it's already in the game or not but I just thought of something that while not cheap by any means would be interesting. Any colony/tribe that you are on really good terms with (I'm meaning over +100 relation or higher if that's not the top) will help you build things if the materials are already in place.
Another idea, that may I may have seen here, is that you could send colonists to help them build/combat raiders as another form of payment instead of silver and depending on how good/bad they do will have some repercussions (bad job damages relations and possibly capture with a release price good job will improve relations with a possible "student") and there is always a chance they may leave your colony to join whoever you send them to of their own free will and in return you will get a weapon or silver (Weapon is random and somewhat faction locked so tribes can't give rifles unless you've seen them fight with them.)

Pulaskimask

QuoteBeyond that, I doubt many users here have registered copyrights for... well, anything.

As has been stated, everything copyrightable is automatically copyrighted always. But anyone could just release an original IP of theirs into the public domain and it would be fine to use by anyone for anything.

Nasikabatrachus

Weeds! Something that can grow alongside other plants, and can lengthen growing time or kill off agricultural plants. Weeding would be a default task for growing zones, so growing food would take more dedication than "put plant in ground and wait".

Also, a "cut grass" designation would be nice. I often want to get rid of grass in preference to other plants, but designating all those lone shoots of grass can be kind of tedious.