[B18] Nature's Pretty Sweet: Weather and Environment Mod

Started by tkkntkkn, November 25, 2017, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidfu

found a pretty major issue that needs fixing.

look at the screen shot. see that white line thats the normal river bank. the water on the side is tterrain your mod change when its loaded. before u say its normal for terrain to flood with mod. thats not the issue tthe issue is the it changes that terrain the when u load into the tile even on a new world gen. this saves that terrain like that into the save making those tiles flooded FOREVER. this also bugs the flooding of the river meaning it will keep flooding and flooding till map covered since it can never go fully down. the same applies to lakes and oceans.

u need to add a timer so it dont flood/ice or tide changes till a day or so passes. this will keep it from modifing terrain before game is fully loaded on world gen.

and also your frost system is replaceing snow system so ground gets covered with layers of frost texture not snow.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

keks1990

Sadly I have to agree to the mentioned bugs...

It`s such an awesome mod but with the current flooding/rain it`s almost unplayable. Started with a colony that landed on a rainforest tile. Everything was pretty fine until it started to rain...

On the left side of my base a small puddle formed and on the right sight the river flooded. I coped with it and changed a few structures but now I think I must abandon that save. There is no way I can recover or fix this. The puddle turned into a huge lake that is still growing and killing off everything on the left side of the map and the river is almost an ocean by now that wrecked half my base and crops.

Rainforest turned into waterworld. Not even pumps or terraforming in godmode keeps the water away. It just plops back up in a few seconds. There is just a small strip of land left in the middle...

Ashnal

Quote from: keks1990 on January 25, 2018, 05:17:43 PM
Sadly I have to agree to the mentioned bugs...

It`s such an awesome mod but with the current flooding/rain it`s almost unplayable. Started with a colony that landed on a rainforest tile. Everything was pretty fine until it started to rain...

On the left side of my base a small puddle formed and on the right sight the river flooded. I coped with it and changed a few structures but now I think I must abandon that save. There is no way I can recover or fix this. The puddle turned into a huge lake that is still growing and killing off everything on the left side of the map and the river is almost an ocean by now that wrecked half my base and crops.

Rainforest turned into waterworld. Not even pumps or terraforming in godmode keeps the water away. It just plops back up in a few seconds. There is just a small strip of land left in the middle...

I think you just got an unlucky map. I'm living in a tropical swamp and I definitely have seen flooding like you mentioned, however it only floods into already unbuildable areas, so it never really disrupted my base. The water always shrinks back to normal over a couple days after the rain stops. I'd recommend giving it another go on another map :) Try a tropical swamp, it's rather interesting. I will say that a lot of the map does flood, but it's in a way that can be planned for.

sidfu

no its a bug. if u change the terrain after a map is generated but before game is loaded that terrain gets saved and causes bugs. its why in my tests ocean tides would nevver go down and rivers would flood covering whole map.

NemesisN

Are pawns supposed to walk on lava or is this a bug or mod conflict ?

I am using Biomes! mod with this mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38312.msg393008#msg393008
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Ambius

Quote from: NemesisN on January 31, 2018, 09:53:17 AM
Are pawns supposed to walk on lava or is this a bug or mod conflict ?

I am using Biomes! mod with this mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38312.msg393008#msg393008

I'm having the same annoyance, and I tested the mod by itself and it appears the pathing makes them go over Lava if there are no other ways around it... even when I'm using a manual pathing mod. I think it'd be a simple fix right? Make the lava tiles similar to deep water where you can't cross them?

The_Spare_Ace

I'm having problems with thick snow appearing as frost only,  and if I delete the textures that I thought were causing the problems, it only made the thick snow look like it's only a thin layer.

On another hand, I tried filling up a mud puddle with dirt to make soil with RF Fertile Fields, and it just keeps shifting between mud, ice, and shallow water...
TNW Export Company ~ Exporting crops and textiles since 5057! Come visit us at our HQ, Himmelsdorf, or request a trade ship from us.

Lethe

Is it okay to remove this mod from existing game? Will it cause problems if I do?

I suppose the terrain corruption, flooding, and walking on lava are still not fixed yet?

Canute

I don't think you can remove it.
There are alot of new terrain types they still at the map and would prevent your map from loading.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Lethe on February 18, 2018, 04:04:56 PM
Is it okay to remove this mod from existing game? Will it cause problems if I do?

I suppose the terrain corruption, flooding, and walking on lava are still not fixed yet?

I think Canute is right that you will probably have issues. You can always try new things though with backups of your configs and saves! I would also recommend using ModSwitch if anyone is using any decent number of mods. It caused me to have to use a good bit of time rebuilding my mod list after I lost it due to crash, when I was first getting into modding.

Anyway, I hope that the author does come back to help this mod. There really is so much great potential. Personally, I would rather have just one or two biomes working 100% first, before expanding into more.

Lethe

Canute: Yeah, I feared that'd be the case. Mod authors usually put a warning about that sort of thing in the main post though.

Harry: I didn't know about modswitch before, thank you for mentioning it! Looks useful. Well, if the author doesn't come back I hope he puts up the source so someone else could potentially pick it up.

Sleeeper

I just make modlist xml read-only so the game cannot reset it.

tarabe

Do the puddles (aka shallow water) formed during the rain disappear afterward? Can I turn the feature off? It messes up my farm land and turns my map into a freaking lake :))

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: tarabe on February 20, 2018, 10:23:48 PM
Do the puddles (aka shallow water) formed during the rain disappear afterward? Can I turn the feature off? It messes up my farm land and turns my map into a freaking lake :))

I believe they are supposed to, but there seems to be an issue with rain and/or changing terrain types that may not be working as intended.

zippy223

My pet lava rock keeps getting "incapacitated" by existing, do I need to shove it into a super hot room or something