[1.2] Power Logic - (v1.16c) (10.05.2021)

Started by Supes, December 04, 2016, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGooga

cjstorrs

I sadly cannot get this to work:
Open Door
change primary channel
Close Door
change primary channel

for  a remote controlled door.

Supes

Sorry been on a break from this mod, But I've released as small patch and it should be fixed now.

1.6d
Fix for Doors

Harry_Dicks

Thank you for the update. I still have plans to use this one day to build a sort of "central control room" for remote controlled doors throughout the complex. Anyone remember these from Prison Architect?

cjstorrs

Quote from: Supes on February 08, 2018, 10:24:39 PM
Sorry been on a break from this mod, But I've released as small patch and it should be fixed now.

1.6d
Fix for Doors

Thanks for the update!

The update did fix the doors ceasing to work at all when trying this set up, however it did not make them function as remote doors. I could be doing something wrong though. I have it set just as the post says. The problem is; the macro continues to run even after the channel switches. Tell me if i'm wrong but what the macro should do goes like this:

macro is set:
open door;
change primary channel  to 1;
close door;
change primary channel to 0;

so what should be happening to my understanding is;
1.) turn on transmitter at channel 0 (the primary channel the door starts at)
2.) door opens
3.) door changes to primary channel 1.
4.) macro stops; due to no longer recieving signal from channel 0
5.) turn on transmitter @ channel 1
6.) door runs open(which doesn't do anything since it is open)- then change channel 1 (which doesn't do anything because it's on 1) then close door, and finally change channel 0.

The problem however is that the macro runs completely through with only the transmitter @ 0 on. it goes;
1.) open door
2.) change channel 1
3.) close door
4.) change channel 0
repeat...... all while never even touching the transmitter outputting channel 1.

is there anyway you could just add a macro command that says open when receiving a signal  and close when not?

Supes

So I made another small patch about a day ago (1.6e) which should solve that issue, and I've had a think on the suggestion, and I could make a 'wait until receiving' and 'wait until signal loss' or 'active when signal/no signal' commands (so the plan is to make a which could make it possible to 'open door' and then wait for signal loss, then close door, and finally flip it to wait for signal received.)

And I'll add an option for common macro lists (which will kind of look like a advanced and basic view)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Supes on February 13, 2018, 12:39:04 PM
So I made another small patch about a day ago (1.6e) which should solve that issue, and I've had a think on the suggestion, and I could make a 'wait until receiving' and 'wait until signal loss' or 'active when signal/no signal' commands (so the plan is to make a which could make it possible to 'open door' and then wait for signal loss, then close door, and finally flip it to wait for signal received.)

And I'll add an option for common macro lists (which will kind of look like a advanced and basic view)

Mmhmm, yeah! ::)

Nah but really, that sounds awesome! Will this enable us to have backup options incase a remote controlled door's connection is severed?

Supes

I could add buttons to manually skip an action, or to flip activation mode.

cjstorrs

You are the man Supes!! Door working as advertised =D. Yea that would be cool because then I wouldn't have to do so much switch-switching :P. Right now i just use the light sensors as god mode switches lol :P. i place a light next to them and then  put their light threshold to 40% and then all i have to do is switch the light threshold direction and it toggles between on and off. no pawns needed :P

I think next Ill take my little hauler bot from misc robots ++ and shut him in a room with all of my switches just have one giant central switch room) and then any time i flick a switch the little bot will meander on over and flick for me :P

So happy to have this working now! thank you SUPES!

Supes

So I've been working hard on the door, common macros have been added in the form of presets, I've added one preset for now.

I've also removed Inductors from the architect.  already build Inductors will still work, you just wont be able to build new ones.

Door Profiles added
Door Profile based actions
Door wait toggle action added
Door Play/Pause Controls
Door Presets added
and other improvements to the Door Macro Tab
Removed Inductors from power buildings

Mistrornge

Do you know if this works with RT's fuses?  When I get an overload with both installed it still knocks my batteries to 0%.  Do you know if there would be issues running both?

Supes

powerlogic doesn't modify or interact with short circuits so RT fuses should work fine with powerlogic

KiwiSensei

I've been having an issue I tried solving with Kiame where I thought his/her (?) Change Research Speed mod was malfunctioning and auto-completing research. It turns out the culprit was Power Logic; upon creating a colony, the research isn't completed which is what I want, however upon loading a saved game, doesn't matter if it's before I even unpause after spawning in, Power Logic research gets auto-completed and it instantly completes all research up to microelectronics basics because it's listed as a requirement.

Needless to say that sort of messes up the point of a tribal start with increased research cost to slow down the pace of progress. Is there a way I can fix that? Not even sure why it only happens on loading and not when creating the colony. The only workaround for now is to not enable the mod until I finish the microelectronics research but that's obviously not as smooth as just modifying the code if that's a possibility for me to do.

EDIT: Attaching the same (rough) before/after picture that I posted on Kiame's thread once I found out what happened.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Supes

I'll upload an updated file with the prerequisites removed.   The Inductive research should still autocomplete as that is intended.

KiwiSensei