[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 12, 2018, 07:24:51 PM
General status update, we've managed to fix all the critical startup errors. Next up is testing all the transpiler patches manually to see which ones broke (I suspect most of them) and fix them (which is probably gonna require complete rewrites in most cases). Then we'll need to balance and integrate the new vanilla content. After that it's playtesting and bug fixes.

Quote from: rambo on November 12, 2018, 08:56:25 AMone of the devs say that it is gonna be added he said it from the steam page

There are no devs on the Steam page, the maintainer is a third party who never actually worked on CE.
well I'm sorry then

Alistaire

Quote from: rambo on November 13, 2018, 12:54:44 PM
General status update, we've managed to fix all the critical startup errors. Next up is testing all the transpiler patches manually to see which ones broke (I suspect most of them) and fix them (which is probably gonna require complete rewrites in most cases). Then we'll need to balance and integrate the new vanilla content. After that it's playtesting and bug fixes.

Quote from: rambo on November 12, 2018, 08:56:25 AMone of the devs say that it is gonna be added he said it from the steam page

There are no devs on the Steam page, the maintainer is a third party who never actually worked on CE.
well I'm sorry then

Someone did add code regarding the shotgun load one-at-a-time thing in the development branch. It seemed a bit work in progress, and I doubt it has been tested because as said before the transpiler patches (e.g what causes the whole ammo and shooting system to work in the first place) are broken.

Sebastian Cigar

godspeed mate and thanks for all your work so far
could we have an approximate release date? like, ~6 weeks from now?

Maeyanie

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on November 15, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
godspeed mate and thanks for all your work so far
could we have an approximate release date? like, ~6 weeks from now?

It's always hard to give even rough estimates in software development, but there's been quite a number of commits in the Github repository in the last couple of days, and the commit messages are starting to look less severe. With luck, it'll be sooner than that. :)

(Disclaimer: I am nobody, and am only guessing based on what I see, and some experience in software development. Don't rely on this prediction.)

lperkins2

The development branch on github compiles and runs fine in 1.0.  I believe the precompiled assemblies are also up to date and should function.  There's significant balance changes still needed, since 1.0 changed lots of things.  If you decide to grab it, please don't pester the devs with lots of bug reports, they mostly know about them.

N7Huntsman

Quote from: lperkins2 on November 16, 2018, 08:20:30 PM
The development branch on github compiles and runs fine in 1.0.  I believe the precompiled assemblies are also up to date and should function.

I'd say that's saying an awful lot--the dev is still 11 open tasks/issues to deal with to meet the 1.0, including testing transpilers (some of which remain either untested or currently broken), which tend to fail silently. I do not recommend trying to run CE on 1.0 at the moment--wait for a stable, or at bare minimum, a test release.
The Rim is a cruel place.

lperkins2

Quote from: N7Huntsman on November 16, 2018, 08:50:17 PM
I'd say that's saying an awful lot--the dev is still 11 open tasks/issues to deal with to meet the 1.0, including testing transpilers (some of which remain either untested or currently broken), which tend to fail silently. I do not recommend trying to run CE on 1.0 at the moment--wait for a stable, or at bare minimum, a test release.

Most of those open issues relate to balance issues.  There is one transpiler patch untested, which pertains to the loadout system.  There is one transpiler patch which fails, which pertains to GUI layout, and causes a minor graphics glitch. 

As for the balance changes, they certainly are needed for this to be back to normal.  Currently, combat is a lot closer to 'vanilla' behaviour than B18 CE, where pawns can soak massive injuries before collapsing.  Still a noticeable improvement though. 

Bottom line is if you're like me, and can't stand playing without the weapon/ammo changes from CE, and don't care if you have to restart due to game exploding bugs, it functions (about 12 hours of gameplay so far, without said explosions, unless you count boomrats).

rambo

Quote from: N7Huntsman on November 16, 2018, 08:50:17 PM
Quote from: lperkins2 on November 16, 2018, 08:20:30 PM
The development branch on github compiles and runs fine in 1.0.  I believe the precompiled assemblies are also up to date and should function.

I'd say that's saying an awful lot--the dev is still 11 open tasks/issues to deal with to meet the 1.0, including testing transpilers (some of which remain either untested or currently broken), which tend to fail silently. I do not recommend trying to run CE on 1.0 at the moment--wait for a stable, or at the bare minimum, a test release.
just tested it and the number of bugs I found broke the game on the first few in-game days so we gonna wait a long time for this one lets be patient

itwasntmeright

How will armor work in the 1.0 release of CE? Like in CE b18? Or does the new armor system of rimworld 1.0 with deflection change something for CE?

Deer87

@ NoImageAvailable
I can see you are working on a debuff for Devilstrand on github.
I never bother with producing it in great quantities so I don't have the exact insigt in, why a debuff is nessesary? Is the clothes too powerfull, or is it a too easy cash cow?

Anyway, requiring thick mountain seems harsh, if it is a core component in protective equipment, making any map not hilly even less attractive than it already is due to small mineral deposits.
I can totally get behind the grow in darkness point, and would like to see that part expanded to drug and food production (i guess there is a mode somewhere).

Something completely different: Have the graphics issue with tactical vests overlaying pawn heads been adressed? I guess its a "simple" matter of layer priorities, and in any case a very low priority bug.

Love your work. Im playing 1.0 right now, and my gawd, once you go CE there is no easy going back.

JT

Quote from: Deer87 on November 27, 2018, 05:09:29 AM
@ NoImageAvailable
I never bother with producing it in great quantities so I don't have the exact insigt in, why a debuff is nessesary? Is the clothes too powerfull, or is it a too easy cash cow?

A little of both, I think.  To be frank, I'm not sure that kind of subjective change has any place in a mod that's properly about combat and ammunition.

QuoteAnyway, requiring thick mountain seems harsh, if it is a core component in protective equipment, making any map not hilly even less attractive than it already is due to small mineral deposits.
I can totally get behind the grow in darkness point, and would like to see that part expanded to drug and food production (i guess there is a mode somewhere).

Rikiki's CaveWorldFlora is, I believe, the gold standard of light-fearing crops, and an excellent mod all around if you want underground crops that don't like the light.  It (and its penultimate, Cave Biome) haven't been updated yet, though.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Deer87 on November 27, 2018, 05:09:29 AM
@ NoImageAvailable

The reasoning behind it is it's way too easy to mass, so it breaks some of the intended balance for armor apparel. I feel it'd be in scope of this mod since it doesn't deal with combat directly, but the logistics behind it, as Devilstrand is first and foremost a material for armor crafting.

It's not accurate to say I'm working on it though. The idea has been documented but it's not on the 1.0 list, nor will I be working on it after the 1.0 release (or any other feature additions for that matter). It's simply a concept another dev/contributor might want to pick up.

QuoteSomething completely different: Have the graphics issue with tactical vests overlaying pawn heads been adressed? I guess its a "simple" matter of layer priorities, and in any case a very low priority bug.

That issue was fixed ages ago.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Deer87

@ JT
Cool. Thanks, I will scout it out.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 27, 2018, 05:07:20 PM

The reasoning behind it is it's way too easy to mass, so it breaks some of the intended balance for armor apparel. I feel it'd be in scope of this mod since it doesn't deal with combat directly, but the logistics behind it, as Devilstrand is first and foremost a material for armor crafting.

It's not accurate to say I'm working on it though. The idea has been documented but it's not on the 1.0 list, nor will I be working on it after the 1.0 release (or any other feature additions for that matter). It's simply a concept another dev/contributor might want to pick up.

Ahh, okay. It makes sense.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 27, 2018, 05:07:20 PM
That issue was fixed ages ago.

Great to hear. I tried looking through the issue list, but couldn't find it, so I just went ahead and asked :)

Again, thanks a ton for a great mod.

WREN_PL