[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Updates: Google Drive Link

Mod Updated:

Faction - Bounty Hunters:

- Changes to bionics for elites and boss pawns
- Drawsize of plasma gun reduced
- Changes to apparel spawns for pawntypes
- Warden mapping fix for coloring
- Fixes to enlistment typos
- More spawn changes

Gonna update main DOOM and get back to UAC. I didn't expect this much trouble with Bounty Hunters, but I need a break. All weapons need tweaking in terms of market value.

Quote from: Skynert on November 17, 2022, 08:36:53 AM
QuoteHey bro! Sorry for my late reply man. I'm happy you're having fun for once with V.O.I.D. I remember you didn't wanna play with them initially. I did see it! I loved it, it was hilarious. I left a comment myself

Dont worry. I know. But I decided to rp as Psy-Monks, and saw that you can reason with them. I choose 2nd dialog option and was peace for 1 day. Well it was their choice. I only hope that I won't be forced to use nukes ;/

Was meant to be coded to have a counter for rimatomics, I noticed it doesnt seem to be working, so I asked taran to sort that out  8) 8)

Quote from: williamb1995 on November 17, 2022, 11:52:52 AM
you no longer do mod spec ops or contemporary / modern warfare? like you did before

Hey brova. Mate, I am tired of the bloody stuff. I have remade it over and over every new version, I wanted to give something else a go to revitalize my passion.  I go to work, I wear a uniform, gotta get bollocked by people in uniform so if I have to see another uniform and a weapon all I think about is work, so I wanna give it a break and do something I find fun for the meantime.

I still wanna go back and do the things, but not now. I'll do them when I do them.

Speaking of which, I actually met SF the other day. I had to volunteer for some unknown exercise, then they told us last minute that it was actually playing terrorist for them. I got arrested, man handeled, smacked in the back of my head, gone deaf from all their breaching charges, feared for my life that the dog's muzzle would come off when they sent it in the building and it was all good fun. I still love it mate, just I wanna do things to how I feel the sequence should go in order for me to keep the momentum up.

Chicken Plucker

Mod Updated:

Faction - Bounty Hunters:

- Plasma rifle changes, it's near the stats as the original
- Volume changes
- Spelling errors in enlistment
- Reinforcements being not labelled is fixed

Chicken Plucker

Mods Updated:
RH2 Faction - Rangers:
- Fixed errors with soda ingest sound effect

Red Horse 1: Classics modlist updates:
- Prisoner Outfit
- Portable Power Generator
- Retro Joy
- T-45b Power Armor
- Gunny Storyteller
- Uru Keomono Faces
- Uru Kemono Hairs
- Uru Rim Seraph Hairs
- Uru VOCALOID
- Uru Tohou Hairs
- Chicken Mitchell Hairs
- Metal Gear Solid Incident Sounds
- Metal Gear Solid Incident Sounds 2

These mods are now compatible with 1.4 and are in the Red Horse 1 folder of the Google Drive link. I suggest you do not enable ones like Chicken Mitchell that are obviously going to overlap with the new version, so conflicts will occur.

As for whether or not this can go on and I can maintain all these older mods, including factions, I don't believe that will be possible. They are easier to be rebuilt from the ground up, some already have been so instead I will continue with RH2. Ideology has done a number on all faction mods, and since I want enlistment and other new things such as the removal of re-using defnames for guns, we might as well.

UAC Progress:

First view for Wildcat Hulk. Only 14 more to go and not including the masking

Utilitarian progress:

Fiendakko is taking it slow, he's busy and he's still getting the hang of Utilitarian's freaky shapes. The current one shown is a WIP and I've been asking for revisions till it falls in line with our current style. I know its not the most consistent thing with JDS' stuff or other vanilla looking pieces we have, but it'll do.

Chicken Plucker

Mods Updated:
RH2 Faction - Task Force 141:
- Fixed webbing description

Red Horse 1: Classics modlist updates:
- Chicken Mitchell Hairs (again)
- (CP) DOOM
- (CP) DOOM Kit Classic
- (RH) UAC Kit
- U.S. Military Kit
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing
- Rimmu-Nation Gloves n' Boots

These mods are now compatible with 1.4, again guys, this is Red Horse 1 and not recommended by myself to be played with RH2 stuff, though you are free to do so if you wanna risk it. Conflict in terms of console errors is unlikely, you will only be running into duplicate items and overwritten items or textures going funny

To promote the coming of RH2 DOOM and UAC stuff, why not update the old version for people who just wanna play with the old stuff. Here it is as part of the Red Horse 1 - Classics update for 1.4. You will find all of these in the link above in the Red Horse 1 folder.

Hey guys, just checking in with progress so far on RH2 DOOM.

Wildcat

Shepherd

So I've finished Wildcat Hulk views, I am in the process of finishing Shepherd Hulk views, once done I can save them until I resize their stuff for the other bodies. Back to work tomorrow and I am actually very disappointed with my progress. Been struggling with motivation, sleeping regularly and just getting my arse to work on these. I aimed to finish DOOM weapons or some semblance of finishing it near to its 1.2 version this vacation along all UAC armors.

Unfortunately, rather than make use of my time, and I must apologise, I ended up lacking the drive to get the work done and finding myself just being anxious and depressive instead of being productive. I use modding as an outlet in the first place, but I don't know lads, dropped the ball. Been worrying about working and being in the army in general, just constantly trying to be impressive and performing to standards there has actually gotten to me when I finally have control of my own time.

That's enough of feelings and moping. I've got some good news.

I was initially going to hire JangoD'Soul with another 120 USD budget for Night Sentinels commission, knowing his expensive prices I was to ask for 3 armors and 5 helmets, with me finishing off 2 leftover armors by modifying his textures.

TMC came back to me and said he's open for commissions again, offering a cheaper alternative (though not to say he was intentionally trying to undercut anybody) so I asked Jango to cancel, told him I'm trying to save my chicken money and that I was going with TMC instead. No Jangos were harmed in the making of this forum post.

TMC has began work on Halo:

This is the recruit armor. As I continue DOOM and plan for whatever comes next, he's doing Halo and when it's ready I will make a faction starter to basically promote the bigger end of the project.

TMC is covering mostly Spartan IV armours, with the Mark VI being an exception due to it being a Spartan II thing. He's set for Spartan III stuff later, and Odstriman is in the team who I paid in advance, will be doing UNSC and old school guys.

TMC:
12 Armors Spartan IV and Spartan III variants

Odz
3 Non-Spartan gear, UNSC, Army and Marines, ODST
4 planned Spartan II variant armors - Mark V, EVA, EOD & Security

Plans to split up the UNSC in three factions:
UNSC Army - Army units, ODSTs with Spartan III as their elite units, Spartan II would be in charge of the faction as commander. This will represent Reach.

UNSC Marines - Classic Marines, ODSTs with Spartan IIs as their elite units. Generic officer in charge? No plans for officer uniforms atm.

UNSC ONI - All Spartan IVs, Spartan II in charge of faction. Black opsy stuff. I intend for them to do shady crap that will cause the other UNSC factions to turn hostile to the player should the player not give in to their demands (i.e. turning in your resurrector mech serum to them)

In other news, I have been commissioned to create anime android girls faction using Aelanna's stuff, so stand by for that cause I had to take the job in order to fund our current war effort. It is a necessary evil, I never intended to aid the anime waifus because they cannot be trusted and are sucking the soul of young anime boy fans, but I took the bribe ladies and German tanks. I understand if you're extremely disappointed, but because of the anime waifu faction coming, we can get Spartan Armors from all generations.

HOTPATCHES HOTPOCKETS:
- RH2 Factions:
*Rangers
*Bounty Hunters

- Faction resign button description is bugged to say nothing, this is now fixed

Also removed the old post I quoted from this. Am that tired guys, mis disculpas

williamb1995

thank you  8) very much for the "red horse 1" updates, have you planned to do anything else? Rimmu-Nation Weapons maybe ?
you make people happy with the red horse 1.4 update
thx thx

Skynert

Do you plan to make or re-make one your "bad guys" faction to 1.4? Umbra Company etc?

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys. just dealing with crap at the moment, on top of bugs piling on.

Sadly no time to present fancy stuff I've progressed with, found major issues with faction pawns giving birth and I have some serious stuff going on irl so I apologise but I may be quiet for a bit.

Quote from: williamb1995 on November 23, 2022, 11:11:19 AM
thank you  8) very much for the "red horse 1" updates, have you planned to do anything else? Rimmu-Nation Weapons maybe ?
you make people happy with the red horse 1.4 update
thx thx

Will see bro, it's a lot of work because of changes with explosives and sounds. I thought RH2 weapons did a decent job taking its place anyway. Due to reasons I've just shared above, I am gonna have to slow down mate. I am dealing with things and increasing the workload just piles on the stress

Quote from: Skynert on November 23, 2022, 11:46:39 AM
Do you plan to make or re-make one your "bad guys" faction to 1.4? Umbra Company etc?

Hey Skynert, even worse than weapons. Factions had to be rebuilt from the ground up because of new 1.2 changes, especially with ideology. Frustrating as all hell when your communist faction is no longer.. communist

A lot of things have broken with factions and for me to invest a lot of time to fix it, may as well be working on a new mod or a remake. This was the reason for RH2 to begin with.

williamb1995

ok, we will be patient and wait for rimmu-nation weapon, thank you and courage for your work

we are old fans, we love old mods. so the old fans will wait, and then we can party

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] DOOM
- UAC Chaingun
- GAUSS Cannon
- Plasma Gun

return

- Royalty DLC patch
- Baby bugs fixed through new pawnskills.dll
- Weapons resized

Special thanks to Taranchuk for C# and Wooden for his donation

GAUSS Cannon

Projectile:

UAC Chaingun:

Projectile:

Plasma Gun:

Hey all, still under heavy pressure this week. Been doing extra work in terms of physical training for my job, it's a lot of pressure on me to pass a test this Thursday. I have been modding when I can, so far today all I can push out is this DOOM update.

That program to vectorize things really helps speed things up, I hope you guys don't hate the textures. I've touched up what I felt like needed to touch up like a few missing details and etc.

Just to summarize progress lately:
UAC Armors have been on hold
Utilitarian has just finished its first armor under Fiendakko
Halo has just finished its first armor under TMC
Night Sentinels faction and armors has been cancelled for now since funding went to Halo instead
VOID will receive an update tomorrow along with all RH2 factions due to the baby bug going around breaking them all.

Tomorrow I have a lesson regarding first aid to deliver, then Thursday is my test. After this week, no matter what happens I can finally relax and do a bit more modding regardless of the result.

Quote from: williamb1995 on November 25, 2022, 12:50:39 AM
ok, we will be patient and wait for rimmu-nation weapon, thank you and courage for your work

we are old fans, we love old mods. so the old fans will wait, and then we can party

Yeah mate, depends on how broken RN Weapons is, if its a few .xml fixes I don't mind, but if they are absolutely broken like I assume the AUGER rifle is gonna be due to its .dll, I'm gonna have to cancel it for now.

I have plans to update the B18 SAS Black Kit and Marine Corps Kit since people have asked. I'll leave the Spetsnaz kit alone because it only had the Gorka and Altyn helmet which is in the Rimmu-Nation Clothing and even RN2 mods anyway.

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Faction: Rangers
[RH2] Faction: Task Force 141
[RH2] Faction: Bounty Hunters

- Baby bug fixes
- Enlist.dll update

[RH2] Faction: V.O.I.D.
- General bug fixes for current known errors
- Increased intervals for monster SFX
- New variations of VOID bases (5 total)
- AI improved for the Big Brother pawnkinds, they will now pick up weapons after death
- Patches made for other map generation mods
- Baby bug fixes for all RH2 factions
- 2 new creatures added
- New textures for all conversion chambers
- Ranged Weapons from this mod and Melee weapons now have quality.
(Warning: Existing ones will be reverted to Awful as a result of this update)
- Promote to Advisor option for members, new Advisor provisions
- N-4 Horde is defeated if VOID is defeated
- VOID now responds harshly if you do not release their prisoners
- Option to convince VOID to declare peace with everyone.
- Reduced monster attack cooldowns

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Faction: V.O.I.D.
- Big base gates opened up to reduce lag on map gen

EDIT:
More Updates:
- CE folder removed to stop errors
- Update to Red Zone pawnkind points

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] DOOM
- 1.3 version fixes for all errors

Just updated DOOM guys. Been relaxing, still dealing with things. I am likely gonna take a break this December and enjoy my holiday, cannot promise UAC by this year or more announcements.

Here's the roadmap for current plans:

Made this, have big months coming my way and situations I gotta deal with in my career. Modding has gotten stressful again guys, not gonna lie. The bombardment of bug reports, most of the time not even RH2's issue, more mod conflicts and me having to repeat the same text over and over again "I can't replicate your issue" on Steam is driving me insane. That stuff has massively impacted progression of new features. Sad to say its not all what I'm complaining about, I just turn up with unexpected issues that Taranchuk has to immediately fix, soaking up more and more of the budget and time left for 2022.

I've already got things to deal with at work with me under pressure passing some tests and bloody having some rats green exercise coming straight after Xmas leave. 2 weeks of amazing food and getting fat straight to ration packs, not sleeping on stag and running around doing section attacks. GG King Charles, waiting for that Victoria Cross any day now mate.

I'll try and calm down this Christmas and get back in strong on DOOM guys. I want demons out sometime mid 2023 or sooner. If I keep burning out it's not gonna end well.

tusyok

Sorry for bothering you, do you have any plans for the resurrection of your "present-day" factions mods (war mongrels/coalition)?
It could be just amazing. I hope that you will have the inspiration to continue working on them, one day. Till then - will be waiting eagerly.

Thank you for all that you do.

Chicken Plucker

Red Horse Classics - Fixes
- Chicken Mitchell
- ALL Urumi hair mods
* VOCALOID
* Seraph of the End
* Touhou
* Kemono Friends

- Error fixes

Q: Where's Rimmu-Nation 1? Where's the other military apparel mods bro?
A: Tried to patch Rimmu-Nation 1 for 1.4, too many things are broken especially in terms of C# for the AUGER so I sacked it. Other 1.4 ports aren't done because it's the holiday season and I'd rather have me holiday

To be done:
- Push updates for VOID
- Push updates for Rimdeed
- UAC Textures

Hey all, slowly returning back to work. Just been overly consuming festive sweeties like fruit salad and such. Also gonna die on that upcoming green exercise this January if they still make me go despite arm injuries, which they will because it's what the King would want.

I'm reporting some progress, it ain't much. This Christmas was spent with family and I wanted to lay off the mods.

To everyone's surprise Jango just finished the Star Wars First Order textures way ahead of time while we're all here slacking.

Q: Why did you pick First Order as a faction to do, not the classic Empire? They're superior! Death to Disney!!
A: Classic Empire has 1,000,000 stormtrooper armor variations. Do I have the money to ask Jango to do all that? No I do not good sir/madam/chicken. Classic Empire has also been done by Jecrell with functional Walkers and speeders he never got to update or release fully, so I'd rather not deal with that seeing as he's even got a fully functional force mod.

I wanted practical, simple and easy to make.

The Art:

How they will work in-game:
- Bulk of the faction has stormtroopers, will probably be coming in boatloads but not as well trained as our Bounty Hunters from DOOM. Higher ranks will be more competent in combat.
- Flametroopers are frickin' cool. No money for awesome animated flamethrower effects in C#. Sorry dad. Gonna make their flamethrower have similar effect to vanilla's crummy flamey shooty thing from mechanoids.
- First Order stormtrooper armor will be colorable. This allows me to create Captain ranks and Commander ranks by coloring their stuff.
- Four imperial unit types, no siths because we can't afford coding their magic force powers to rek colonies with. Sorry George Lucas, Harrison Ford ain't gonna get shanked in this mod
- Bounty Hunter elite pawntypes with Mando armor. Why not?
- Rifles will be stuffable, saves me from making several colorable variants for the ranks, if I get annoyed cause RimWorld won't let me do colorable rifles with stuffing then I'll just chin off whatever Disney did with their weapons and make it purely black.

That's it for now regarding Star Wars. UAC has no progress, AOBA has done some cyberdemonic stuff for the power armors

AOBA's Cyberdemonic art:

(No helmets yet)
Yes I asked for pauldrons, no they won't be colorable. Yes they will be worn by humans who are siding with demons. No it won't come out Combat Extended compatible.

Fiendakko is almost done with Utilitarian:

Yes they will be colorable. Yes I'm constantly badgering fiendakko to edit it. No it's not finished yet.

TMC finished our Mark VI armor for the Halo stuff, he's got a few more to go.
Ods has dropped out of Halo, it's currently just TMC for now, but Harkon offered his already finished stuff for the project, I'm hesitant to accept just cause it would feel like I'm just copy pasting his mod for mine.

Question to you guys who actually read these, would you like a Warhammer 40K faction from me? Imperial Guards? Cadians?
Ods is giving me permission to use his Imperial Guard apparel, I'll do that lasgun/flashlight weapon and do a few more bish bash bosh and call it a day. We all wanna see the boys and gals in green utterly wipe out those filthy Disney First Order scumbags (after suffering massive casualties) right? No, just me? darn

This means I'm the last horse in the race still mincing on UAC. I'm too tired to rant some more guys, I'll sleep soon.

Quote from: tusyok on December 10, 2022, 08:53:18 PM
Sorry for bothering you, do you have any plans for the resurrection of your "present-day" factions mods (war mongrels/coalition)?
It could be just amazing. I hope that you will have the inspiration to continue working on them, one day. Till then - will be waiting eagerly.

Thank you for all that you do.

Hey bro. They're planned.

Coalition however, is not going to be made anymore their apparel options are too wide, a lot of which is already in Rimmu-Nation 2 including their weapon options. I don't feel the need to do them especially since the updated Task Force 141 has a lot of elements from the rebooted Modern Warfare and classic already.

Chicken Plucker

Hey all just updating on progress. Sadly not enough pics ripperooni.

Early months of this year is busy for me. Jan-Feb has green exercises and a lot of preparation which knocks me out of doing anything for half of the month of those dates. The early half of this year is riddled with more exercises, tours (not that kind of tour) and scheduled leave to another country for this and that family reason. In short, I'm busy as heck and life is an obstacle right now for the mods.

I'm hoping I get a lot done but I don't think demons will be out this early 2023. I am planning to slowly get back into updating, even if the mod that is gonna be updated isn't exactly what was sequenced in the road map.

Seeing as Star Wars is easier to deal with and won't require my full energy and attention, I will likely prioritise it.

art by: JangoD'Soul

New plans
- First Order faction will no longer have Mandalorians. Mercenaries will be replaced with First Order Raiders instead.
- Mandalorians will be their own faction, human race with warrior culture. 2 mandalorian armor variants, 3-4 different helmet variants.
- Old Republic faction mod with Old Republic troopers to contest the First Order

News on DOOM
- UAC, no progress since last time I've posted here
- Fiendakko is almost done with Utilitarian
- AOBA, no word from him yet as he's got other things.

Halo progress:
- TMC has been assigned to start on Scout Armor (Halo 4 variant). He has finished 2 armors so far.
- Ods is out of the project
- Harkon offered all of his weapon and armor textures, all of his Halo mods as help if I wish to include them in my mod and collaborate with him. Thoughts on his offer? Will reduce commissions however, I did want my own take and vanilla enthusiasts usually prefer either his style over mine
- Serina has gone quiet but he did Mark V(B) and it is yet to be completed.

Other RH2 backlogs:
- Umbra Company body armors have been done since 2021, it is pending other textures.
- MSF textures and MGS mod textures are all complete except for all weapons. It is pending coding also, the hardest part being the tranquilizer.

People I commission for art tend to realise I correct a lot of things so they start doing all outfits before showing me and asking me what I think, something that is counter intuitive since if you've got 15 textures already done and I wanted one minor change then you have to change it 15 times.

I'm bogged down with a long list of comments from Steam which I've had no time to reply to at the moment but I'll see to going through them. It's mostly the same stuff I have to answer over and over so it can be frustrating.

See you guys with hopefully more progress later.