[?MOD?] [ALPHA 8] New Recipe Nurse Tool UPDATERINO (10.12.14)

Started by JuliaEllie, October 06, 2014, 06:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hey guys,

I recently saw some mods overwriting Core Definitions to add Recipes. This can be "dangerous" for other mods and break them if they use Core data and should be avoided. So I wrote this small "mod"/tool.  You can integrate it into your own mod if you like (credit provided of course ;) ).

NEW RECIPE NURSE!!

UPDATE: Finally Alpha 8 is out - red debug messages removed btw :D

Hey listen - theres an UPDATE!

The new version of Recipe Nurse completely rules out the need to add medical recipes to the Human definition! You only have to define your RecipeDef as usual and the New Recipe Nurse will collect all medical recipes (for now recipes that use the <workSpeedStat>MedicalOperationSpeed</workSpeedStat> which should be used by all medical recipes anyways) and inject them to the Human definition. This should be easier to use and implement than the old Recipe Nurse. 

Technic stuff:
This mod creates a UnityGameObject through an ITab injection (thanks to EdB btw) which calls recipe injection on Start() - this is to make sure all Defs were loaded before the injection.
Feedback is very appreciated.

DOWNLOAD!

FAQ - Fing Annoying Questions:

Q: I cant do any operations.
A: First of all - do you meet all requirements (medicine, part, pawnwith doctoring skill, etc)?? Try to restart the game and deactivate conflicting mods. I guarantee that NewRecipeNurse is perfectly working so the error source is either the user (usually), other mods (sometimes) or the core game (the restart issue/ALWAYS RESTART!).

Also I wont give support if you wont give a proper error log, description of the error, complete mod list and description of what you did before the error occured anymore. If I can not reproduce your "error" its not an error.

Rikiki

This is a good idea for A7 mods inter-compatibility. :)

Tynan has already simplified this for A8 if I understand well the changelog of 29-09-2014.
"Modders can define recipes onto work tables in the recipe without overriding the work table. Use the list called <thingsToUseRecipe>".

JuliaEllie

wow it was about time for him to do this but I think Alpha 8 will take a few months to be out :D

Shinzy

Oh I don't have to wait for alpha 8 then for adding clothing recipes onto the vanilla tailoring table, then!

assuming I don't end up with my thumb in my nose with how to work this
imma try this out laterer

Oh you're the best, Jellie!, right after all the other people I've told the exact same thing (This list could very well include every person I've ever met, but it's still a compliment, okay?)
go fire up your game and hit G for that "Geeegeeeeeee!!!" You've deserved it

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Shinzy on October 06, 2014, 12:09:54 PM
Oh I don't have to wait for alpha 8 then for adding clothing recipes onto the vanilla tailoring table, then!

assuming I don't end up with my thumb in my nose with how to work this
imma try this out laterer

Oh you're the best, Jellie!, right after all the other people I've told the exact same thing (This list could very well include every person I've ever met, but it's still a compliment, okay?)
go fire up your game and hit G for that "Geeegeeeeeee!!!" You've deserved it

hehe thanks shinzy. u so kind 2 mi.  If you need any help with it I will be glad to help you :)

RemingtonRyder

Hey!  I will give it a whirl, thanks for taking the time to make it. :)

Edit: Seems to work like a charm.

So if two mods each integrate this mod and are loaded, all that will happen is that they each inject their own recipe defs, right?

GottJammern

Very nice, works like a charm! Able to release my first mod with it too! :P
StarCommander of  Clan Nova Cat Int.
---------------MechWarrior Online---------------
More Bionic Parts!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: marvinkosh on October 07, 2014, 11:09:03 AM

So if two mods each integrate this mod and are loaded, all that will happen is that they each inject their own recipe defs, right?

yeah thats the idea :)

JuliaEllie

UPDATERINO!

simplified usage of Recipe Nurse to make it more fool proof. It now does everything on its own. No need to configure anything anymore. (except the Recipe of course ;) ]

cy-one

Got this error message on loading RimWorld after New Recipe Nurse Tool was installed.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

JuliaEllie

cy-one

Ah, thanks :)
I just wanted to add that it works nevertheless... Which does make a lot of sense if those aren't error messages :D

Jaxxa

If instead of using "Log.Error" you use "Log.Message" you will stop the console from coming up automatically, and it will be in white and not red.

You can still check it by pressing "~" to bring up the console yourself.

Kaidesa

As someone who streams regularly on Twitch, the fact that the "notices" are showing up as errors in the console is a bit distracting.  I usually stream a few games at a time, and people always complain about me switching to RimWorld to a bunch of errors produced by NewRecipeNurse.

I suggest going with Jaxxa's suggesting of turning Log.Error into Log.Message.  Would cause less annoyances with having to manually close the console each time the game launches.

Other than that, all I can say is keep up the good work.  :)

RemingtonRyder

Question for you... how do you inject things to worktables with the new version of Recipe Nurse?