[A11] Darkness

Started by Viceroy, February 11, 2015, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: fuman200 on February 12, 2015, 03:21:40 AM
I was just thinking about this the other night. There should be a mod to make the night more dark.  This will go great once the zombie mod is updated and with the spotlight turret mod will make this all a complete experience.

@Viceroy should go talk with the zombie mod creator and see if you guys can get it working together =)
This mod works fine with it without any modifications.

I was just testing this with Zombie Apocalypse and my colony started out at night, in the dark. The first thing I did was build a campfire and I was immediately reminded of Don't Starve. This mod definitely has a lot of potential to be something bigger.

Viceroy

Thanks guys, I DEFINITELY will give this mod some more love. For the time being though I am a little tied up with the Horrors I am afraid.

Dog goes moo!

Dragoon

This works great during fog If I was a colonist I would noy leave the base ahah!

[attachment deleted due to age]
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Viceroy

Makes me want to send monster in the night :D

Okay I am not finding the Eclipse light levels anywhere. For the time being I am thinking about simply disabling eclipses when this mod is active until I can figure it out.

From where I am sitting though, eclipses play a very small role in difficulty and they are not exactly challenging compared to what is out there. So in this case I am giving priority to the immersion. Having common eclipses as they are in vanilla is kinda odd in and of itself.

What are your thoughts?
Dog goes moo!

popster99

this looks a bit like the darkness event in ttm events or whatever its called

Dibblah

Could just leave the eclipse in and just treat it as a full moon / planetary allignment thing instead, where the nights are brighter for a while

skullywag

if you overwrite the incident def and write a new incident worker you could do it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Killaim

now we just need that people coming and going on the map are undetected (unless technology (devices) help finding them

just picture it...darkness...suddenly..raiders :D

Dragoon

Quote from: Viceroy on February 14, 2015, 08:15:55 AM
Makes me want to send monster in the night :D

Okay I am not finding the Eclipse light levels anywhere. For the time being I am thinking about simply disabling eclipses when this mod is active until I can figure it out.

From where I am sitting though, eclipses play a very small role in difficulty and they are not exactly challenging compared to what is out there. So in this case I am giving priority to the immersion. Having common eclipses as they are in vanilla is kinda odd in and of itself.

What are your thoughts?

I agree they aren't really important and only last about a day (it even says it will pass in a day lol) food don't go bad unless you don't refrigerate it so it just annoying. (Unless you have power coming only from solar power with little to batteries, but then that is just asking for it really)
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

thefinn

Would love to see an alternate pitch black darkness ;)

Minami did it with his "the darkness" event.. in TTM Events.

Viceroy

I can do a constant darkness release certainly. Not sure how that would affect plants and solars though.
Dog goes moo!

Dragoon

Quote from: InfinityKage on February 14, 2015, 06:46:19 PM
If I could mod. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10395.0

If you add in the slower movement speed and worse aim then  shine eyes trait would be awesome (If you have trouble making it only work at night just take a look at wolf lovers mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7199.0 )

Viceroy

Hmmm well Ptichblack is awesome, and Riddick is awesome, and that suggestion is pretty awesome. So I will take a look at it after I finish up some more of the systems used in the Horrors mod. Stuff that could be applied to Bioraptors I am sure.

I am not promising anything though. But what I do manage to get working for Horrors will certainly at the very least be open for all to look at/use.
Dog goes moo!

MostlyMortal

First off, let me just say that I love this mod. Love everything about it.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of true dynamic lighting with the darkness. For instance, I am currently running a fallout like vault colony deep within the mountain, and it is epic at night! With cafe flora added, it turns it into an amazingly beautiful and immersive experience. Deep in the caves, there is no natural light and it makes it an added challenge to the game to try navigate around it. But as the game stands, it goes from pitch black at night to mildly dim during the day, which totally kills my immersion. is there some way to fix this?