[A10] Weed!!(v.1.81) Alpha 10 patch thanks to skyarkhangel!

Started by blaze7736, February 19, 2015, 03:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see?

New Drugs
107 (40.1%)
More tales
11 (4.1%)
Factions (AKA the interglatic drug busters)
63 (23.6%)
tales for art
11 (4.1%)
other (please comment your idea)
7 (2.6%)
all of the above
68 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 267

AKillerCoconut

Hey I just started using your mod in a play through last night and it's awesome. The only problem I had was my colonists preferred the weed over any other food in the early game before I was making fine meals, so they would just eat it fresh off the plant until they collapsed, forcing another colonist to carry them to their bed from which they would get up and eat more weed.
  Long story short it was kinda game breaking so I decided to do something about it. All I did was change the weed taste to Raw and that worked fine. While I was in there I fixed some spelling errors and made a few other minor tweaks, now this is one of my top mods. Anyways, just wanted to say keep working on it, Blaze. From what I've seen you are one of the more active mods lately. Thumbs up!

Edit: one of the tweaks I made forgot to mention but recommend was I made the weed stack a little higher to 100. I figure if you can hold 75 potatoes I don't see why you can only hold 25 weeds. Was taking up too much space in my freezer

AKillerCoconut

I have another idea for you too, I was playing this with the Finer Things mod (you should try it out) and they have tobacco that you roll at a table into cigarettes and cigars. I think this is a good idea for weed also, just make a rolling table you can make joints, blunts and fat ass blunts, etc. Still keep the weed edible with raw taste and make the blunts and stuff more appealing. Just another idea for next update.

P.S. you should make the rolling table require 420 research  8)

blaze7736

thanks killer just played through myself and my fridges keep getting full and my colonist seam to get stuck getting high i should have a fix for it soon as well as the cigarettes should i boost its effect but add a chance to develop cancer

AKillerCoconut

Quote from: blaze7736 on February 26, 2015, 05:13:12 PM
thanks killer just played through myself and my fridges keep getting full and my colonist seam to get stuck getting high i should have a fix for it soon as well as the cigarettes should i boost its effect but add a chance to develop cancer

Personally, I think if you are talking about adding a chance for cancer by smoking weed, I don't think that is very likely. There might be studies or something that say it causes cancer but there's also studies that say it helps treat cancer. I'm not a scientist by any means and I haven't really looked in to it, so I don't want to sound ignorant or start some debate, I understand that any kind of smoke in your lungs can't be good for you, and ingesting the weed through brownies in this case would be the better choice. Cancer just seems like something that would be more relevant if dealing with tobacco, a commonly accepted cause of cancer. If you are intent on adding cancer, as long as it's a VERY small chance or make it treatable (since yknow, it's the year 5500, I'm sure somebody's come up with something to cure cancer.) I wouldn't complain.

tresflores

cancer isn't really caused by anything. all cancer is is that every day when your cells are splitting apart they make mistakes and normally something in your body (forgot name ) basically auto corrects it but we all know auto correct F's up sometimes well these sometimes end up either becoming a tumor, dieing out or becoming cancer

AKillerCoconut

Quote from: duder5495 on February 26, 2015, 06:58:10 PM
what do i do to disable the faction and the auto-consumption of weed? i like having weed in my game, but unless i can do something about those two things now, i'm going to have to disable the mod and start a new colony.
For a quick fix until Blaze patches it if you have no knowledge of xml go into the mods folder then into Weed>Defs>ThingDefs>Drugs_Items_Drugs Open that up and in the second large group of text with <defName>Weed</defName> find the  line <taste>Simple</taste> and change it to <taste>Raw</taste> Make sure it is capitalized like that. That'll just change it so it doesn't taste as good as other foods, so typically you'll have to tell the pawns to consume it manually.
As for the faction, I don't have any clue how to disable it if it's already in your world without errors but try going to Mods>Weed>Defs>FactionDefs and open the xml file. You can mess with their stats and stuff it's pretty simple to tweak. Try changing <raidCommonality>60</raidCommonality> to <raidCommonality>0</raidCommonality> that would be my guess if you want them to stop attacking.
  I don't have much actual XML knowledge, I am trying to learn more about it but tweaking mods that are already written is easysauce

Edit: Make sure you change the <raidCommonality> of both factions if that's what you wanted to do
Edit2:I was just looking into it more and a more effective way of disabling the factions from attacking would probably be just changing the <canSiege>true</canSiege>and <canStageAttacks>true</canStageAttacks> both to false

blaze7736

Hey guys here with a massive update for you with some verey cool things, firstly weed is now clasified as raw and can stack higher so hopeful we wont get eternal high loops as often, We also now have Weed Cigarets which the colonist will consume more often if you wish to make it so some stuff is consumed auto automatically and then we have the deep web a coputer to sell your weed at a standered price to the deep web also obtain chemicals (futer uses coming) and finaly Space Spice a new drug you can order from the internet i had fun adding some effects to this so try it out and tell me what you think and how to improve it, As always stay shiny and have fun. (more updates hopefully also i need a better texture for cigarettes as you will discover)   

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirid

Sorry, but in my opinion what started as a decent weed mod has completely run off the rails, crashed through the train station, and blown up an airport. That metaphor makes sense right?
Instead of adding weed-related content, you've added random other things; and half the weed related content is inaccurate.
It seems like you're trying to recreate Rimcartel instead of a weed mod like the title suggests.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Blazergong

An idea for the weed mod. Make the raw materials non consumable till they dry (something like rotting on normal foods) When they are dry they can be consumed (maybe you can make hotboxes with excess heat like an indoor geothermal to quicken the process in colder climates). My personal experience when i had a plant was: harvesting --> drying --> consuming (or further production). Also add different kind of weed plants a hemp kind (brownish), one fr using (dark green) and a medical version (light/neon green).  Make differences in harvesting times. As example when harvesting for hemp you are pretty careless so it goes very quick, when harvesting for consumption take average time and harvesting medical weed takes longer (due to high care) and possibly change the growth rates of the different plants.

icew0lfnz

You should add iso to the mix, maybe made from cotton or something. Then add the iso+weed to a new or existing table to make oil = bigger mood hit, harsher on the lungs.

Also, add ice+cotton+weed to a new table = hash, not as big of a hit but not so harsh on the lungs.

Add weed+oil+hash to existing table = EUPHORIA JOINT!! = Ultimate blaze mood boost but your lungs are fried!

AKillerCoconut

Quote from: Kirid on February 27, 2015, 08:50:26 AM
Sorry, but in my opinion what started as a decent weed mod has completely run off the rails, crashed through the train station, and blown up an airport. That metaphor makes sense right?
Instead of adding weed-related content, you've added random other things; and half the weed related content is inaccurate.
It seems like you're trying to recreate Rimcartel instead of a weed mod like the title suggests.
  I have to agree with you there. Blaze seems very ambitious which is a good thing but I say perfect the weed part first, with enough different things to keep people entertained like the medical maryj, cigs and hemp those are very cool, but I honestly haven't even seen let alone use any of the other drugs and I don't know if its just luck or what but I haven't been attacked by the factions yet either.
  Focus on the weed, brother. Like kidrid said its kinda becoming the new cartel mod which was cool but if ur gonna do that maybe give it another name or create a new mod with all the other stuff and keep the weed one simple with all your weed related stuff.
  Just my opinion though man it's your mod, keep blazing  8)

blaze7736

Yer i agree i have got a bit distracted i have been fiddling with code hence i have found these things, I will compact this mod down so it focuses on a few core things and the rest i will take to another much larger mod.

AKillerCoconut

Hey Blaze I was just digging through some of the older mods and saw the Orc mod here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7770.0 If you haven't seen it it's pretty good textures, I know you were talking about orcs for your gang faction, and in the last post Berengar says the mod is free for anyone to use, I'd give him credit for the design though for sure. You could maybe spruce up the textures a bit add some piercings and tattoos or something would be cool but a good place to start. Just figured I'd show it to you. If you've already seen it though, then my bad. Cheers!

SaymonCZ

Kirid

Quote from: SaymonCZ on March 01, 2015, 07:11:53 AM
Id like to see Space Cops
Lore-wise there isn't much reasoning behind that. A rimworld is a lawless backwoods planet lacking any overall society or civil structure. Humans have spread all across the galaxy and planets have seperate civilizations (and therefore laws). I'm not sure that any laws would be galaxy wide. Cannabalism isnt punished criminally, so I cant understand why the space police would spend years flying just to break up a minor weed operation. And I would hope something so minor would be legal that far into the future..
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd