[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

asquirrel

No surgery option for me to install diplomatic auxiliary AI on any colonist.

Leo13Z

I updated to version 2.24 and all the missing ribs some colonists had are now missing hearts, stomach etc... going back for now

edit: just saw that it was a version/combatibility update...sad but understandable, gonna save the update for later colonies! great mod anyway

TheWrongColonist

Scyther blades have been removed from the game in 0.19/1.0, therefore we can not:

1 - "Upgrade Scyther blade" to get Power Claw.

2 - "Craft Power Arm" from Power Claw.

3 -  "Upgrade Power Arm" to get Advanced Power Arm.

Although we still can buy "Power Claw" & "Advanced Power Arm" from traders, i haven't noticed the "Power Arm" but probably you can buy them too.

Latest Ver 2.24            

Lundamyrstrollet

Hey Ykara, I retranslated and updated this version of the mod to Spanish (Castilian and Latin America), would you like to add it directly to the mod?

82ab53e4

Hey Ykara. Your mod is awesome but the way it works is weird :D.

New parts instead of affecting part efficiency affect pawn characteristics directly (unlike vanilla parts). It screws calculations in some cases, like, for example, eye patches. Eye patch has a -50% sight debuff. So pawn with one normal eye and one eye patch will have 50% of sight. But pawn with just one normal eye and one missing eye have 75% of sight (this is how vanilla game works - loosing of just one eye is not that bad). That lead to interesting situation that eyepatch on missing eye somehow makes pawn sight worse!

andril190

All limbs have missing textures in my game. It is not game-breaking, but it is slightly annoying. Is there a way to fix?

Canute

andril190,
since you are the only one who got that issue, i would delete the complete modfolder and unzip/copy it again.
Maybe you got old version file that point at the wrong textures.

mangalores

Great mod. Small thing I noticed is that those work benches cannot be reinstalled like it is now the default for all 1x3 vanilla work places. Would be nice to have that, too.

Oh, and is there a body purist compatible way to replace/heal destroyed body parts?

Madman666

Nope. This is bionics oriented mod. What you want is a way to buy\craft natural bodyparts to replace lost ones - there Questionable Ethics or Harvest Organs Post Mortem mods for that.

mangalores

Quote from: Madman666 on December 31, 2018, 11:01:07 AM
Nope. This is bionics oriented mod. What you want is a way to buy\craft natural bodyparts to replace lost ones - there Questionable Ethics or Harvest Organs Post Mortem mods for that.

Kind of the question why you have stuff like the tissue printer etc. then. And the topic then would be transhumanism and not bionics because it is transhumanism which is about artificially improving the human body, not just fixing it.

Madman666

Tissue printer is for printing artificial tissue, from synthetic crap like synthread and hyperweave into synthetic organs, which still are non-natural, thus the whinespikes from purists. As for the topic - who cares, its not wrong, since it does the prosthetics part and (synthetic) organ engineering part. Its a very old mod and if i am not wrong it started to provide a way to fix permanent injuries, which were a bane of every rimworlder's existence for a longest of times, till in latest updates things like healer serums were added...

AileTheAlien

Quote from: pryr on December 21, 2018, 02:49:36 AM
Hey Ykara. Your mod is awesome but the way it works is weird :D.

New parts instead of affecting part efficiency affect pawn characteristics directly (unlike vanilla parts). It screws calculations in some cases, like, for example, eye patches. Eye patch has a -50% sight debuff. So pawn with one normal eye and one eye patch will have 50% of sight. But pawn with just one normal eye and one missing eye have 75% of sight (this is how vanilla game works - loosing of just one eye is not that bad). That lead to interesting situation that eyepatch on missing eye somehow makes pawn sight worse!
This also probably affects the other body parts, making some bionic replacements imbalanced compared to where they should be. For example, archotech legs give 150% body-part efficiency, but I think that ends up being less of a boost than the 100% + movement-bonus from the bionic leg and advanced bionic leg. The archotech stuff, being uncraftable, and given their flavor-text, should be the best, at least for the straight-upgrade bionics like (non-power) arms and legs.

Another weird thing about the mod, is that it uses the old-style icons for body-parts, which looks weird next to the new ones. Personally, I like the old ones, but either way, they should probably be consistent. Maybe this mod should have a patch that changes the vanilla bionics to use the old icons?

+1 on scyther blades being unrecoverable. A bit disappointing, but I don't know how difficult it would be to fix. Also, there doesn't appear to be any recipes for harvesting organic arms or legs, so the mince-limbs recipes have no function in the game right now. :S

Canute

AileTheAlien,
to lazy to use devs tool to check out your thoughts ?
Human  4.56 m/s
1 Bionic leg 5.11 m/s
1 Arch leg  5.70 m/s
1 Adv. Bionic leg  6.16 m/s

AileTheAlien

I actually just didn't think of it.

Anyways, back on topic, there's a minor bug with crudest prosthetics - neither the bench, nor any of those prostheses are locked behind that research. Thanks for the mod!