[1.5] Mad Skills 1.5-2.7.0 - skill degradation begone! (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 03, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: Ykara on March 14, 2015, 08:25:01 AM
I really like this mod, but it feels pretty overpowered. Could you make a version that only reduces the skill degradation, but not removes it? Maybe 50% of the vanilla degradation rate. I'd really like to see that!

Done; enjoy!

Ykara

Quote from: Ratys on March 14, 2015, 08:56:20 AM
Quote from: Ykara on March 14, 2015, 08:25:01 AM
I really like this mod, but it feels pretty overpowered. Could you make a version that only reduces the skill degradation, but not removes it? Maybe 50% of the vanilla degradation rate. I'd really like to see that!
Done; enjoy!
Wow, you're awesome! Thanks for this great mod!

Ratys

Updated for Alpha 10 (vanilla degradation was reduced slightly, had to adjust my values accordingly).

dareddevil7

cy-one

Quote from: Ratys on April 15, 2015, 07:04:33 PM
Updated for Alpha 10 (vanilla degradation was reduced slightly, had to adjust my values accordingly).
Any info on how much the vanilla degradation has been reduced?

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Ratys on April 15, 2015, 07:04:33 PM

Thank you!

Ratys

Quote from: cy-one on April 16, 2015, 07:21:06 AM
Any info on how much the vanilla degradation has been reduced?

It's a non-linear change, ie each level was changed by a different ratio; overally, it's about 1/3. Refer to this commit for the exact change I had to make (because posting game's source code would be impolite, at best).

cy-one

yeah, 66% of the old degredation would still be to much of  a skill degredation for me... so yay for your mod! :3

Killaim

checking it out.

would it be hard work to make a mod that removes the hauling trait restrictions ? cause i hate those

Turps

Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

venoshock

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Ratys

Quote from: venoshock on June 15, 2015, 04:57:10 AM
any chance for this update to A11?

Absolutely. Same goes for my other mods, save for probably Neuromancy (*sigh*, AI coding is the pain of pains). I had to do a full reinstall of my entire system, so it'll take time to set up - mainly because Visual Studio is being very unpleasnt for some reason - but expect an update before weekend; at least to this mod.

venoshock

thanks for the reply Ratis glad to hear you are going to update it :) ty for this awesome tweak

NephilimNexus

Quote from: venoshock on June 15, 2015, 04:57:10 AM
any chance for this update to A11?

Does it need an update?  I simply copied mine over from the A10 folder to the A11 folder and nothing broke yet.