[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

ngcq1811

I think Greydale is supposed to be one of the first weapon tier available to a developing colony, so it is likely that Greydale is intentionally set to be industrial and easy to access for use in lieu of stock weapons, whereas Feral is for the advancing Tribal colony.

Without diving too deep into details, I'd like to know if the Fed sniper rifle's stats and usefulness is worth its value in resources. Eventhough it requires a devastatingly long cooldown inbetween bursts, it's got a 3-round burst mechanism which is reasonable if you were to relate to the cooldown of a 1 shot rifle, its damage is also decent, possible burning effect, exceedingly long range and high statistical accuracy. But if 80% of the bullets have an amourous affair with the ground 3 tiles away from the actual target, the gun becomes a lavish potato that should better off being sold.

Deimos Rast

Try switching the ProjectileDef to 'Bullet' and see if it makes a difference. I doubt it, in fact you could even say it's a...long shot...but on paper, assuming I looked at the right sniper rifle, it looked fine.
We are talking about the same gun, yes?
#StopPluginAbuse

rooki1

Thank you for all of your attention. I've read allnr comments and I'll consider your opinions carefully. I'll reflect these on next update.

- The Grendel and jaguar's speculative fire ability was intentioned skill. These weapons were designed for indirect fire support.

- The Greydale's weapons are not sophisticated weapons like charge rifle. So I decided to put them on lower tier.

- I'll check out the accuracy of the Intercessor. However, this is a season of the Korean national holiday (some sort of thanksgiving day) and I have to trip to suburb region for a while. So I can't give you my assurance.

- Next big update will be interesting one. I have some experiments with "summon filth" function and realize this function is not limited to just summon some "filth". Actually, It can summon more interesting things, like automated hunter-killer drones.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: rooki1 on September 11, 2016, 06:37:46 AM
- Next big update will be interesting one. I have some experiments with "summon filth" function and realize this function is not limited to just summon some "filth". Actually, It can summon more interesting things, like automated hunter-killer drones.
Like in Hive code ? I'm looking forward for that one ;)

Have a good trip/holiday

Deimos Rast

Really? You're just going to leave that teaser there? Ugh!
I'm pretty sure I know 'what' you'll summon them from, the 'why' and 'when' but not the 'how'. Not entirely anyway. I am very interested in seeing what you do. Now then, back to my lab to see if I can get a Yorky to spawn from a molotov...
#StopPluginAbuse

ngcq1811

@rooki1
Here's feedback on certain turrets.
- All turrets aside from Yungwa's require someone to mount them. This is neat somewhat, but I recommend the MMG to be automated as a high tier replacement of the stock turret.
- Wave emitter is a neat crowd control weapon indeed, it sends raiders panicking with flames on their butt, but there are huge cons that made me deconstruct it from my defensive line:
>It tracks enemies by proximity to itself and not the crowdedness of an area, which for a crowd control weapon is a huge drawback.
>If I position my hunters anywhere near that thing just to defend it, I'm in for some sick burn. It really doesn't give a crap and shoots itself when Raiders rush to attack it.
>I also have to position it far away from my main defense line as well, otherwise when raiders rush to attack my manned turrets, it burns the entire area around the turret along with my gunner and render my turret useless for a very dangerous duration until I can place another gunner there.
- Molten cannon seems like a heavier edition of the AGS, since it can only be operated within a clear-of-obstruction site. Haven't tested the Barrage cannon but it seems like the heavier edition of the mortar.
- Harvester is freaking awesome.

Also feedback on a few weapons:
- AMR is accurate, powerful and quick to fire for a heavy sniper rifle. It certainly is made to deal with Mechanoids.
- Is the Suppressor Cannon meant to be single shot, single projectile? Although it works excellently as a weapon overall, it certainly doesn't "suppress". It is too accurate, short ranged and slow firing for a suppressor weapon, more like a CQB rifle that goes for the kill in every shot. It excels at defending turrets from meleeing raiders as well as keeping everyone away from the gunner's firing radius.
- Greydale rifle is quite powerful, if not too powerful. I let a doctor with 5 Shooting equip it and ambush the Ferals' escape route and she killed all 4 healthy stragglers from one place.
- Swarmer is perfect. I don't know what else to comment on this baby. Insanely accurate, adequate range, and with enough power to be deadly but not too OP. I love it.
- Tyrant kinetic rifle has been a lackluster for me. The cons are clear: short range, low accuracy, low damage... but the speed it is rumored to have is insufficient to compensate for all those downsides.

Dragoon

I thing you might have forgot to set the cost of the federation jumpsuit, it costs the same as the carbon one.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

EldVarg

The Crucible precision rifle have some aim problem. Looks like it almost never hit where you aim - you can fire at a big building a long time and it always miss its target - only when the target moves you can accidentally hit it.

kunyomi

How well does this blend with Glittertech?

I really love the design of the mod, it's really quite amazing. But I also love the concept behind Glittertech, the whole "hard to get but really powerful lategame" goal to work towards. It would be a shame if this made that trivial.

ngcq1811

Quote from: EldVarg on September 13, 2016, 04:45:10 AM
The Crucible precision rifle have some aim problem. Looks like it almost never hit where you aim - you can fire at a big building a long time and it always miss its target - only when the target moves you can accidentally hit it.
This is the case for me as well.
Federation rifles (both Precision and standard) have a fearsome accuracy ONLY when the enemy is on the move and are large targets (I've seen the sniper landing every shot on a moving Centipede), but it will never hit a stationary target.

Rafe009

So i'm on my 3rd year and finally got assaulted by ferals that had an accompanying ogre or xenohuman. I was suprised to find out the game treats him like an animal and he went right in the fridge with the razorbacks. A little science later and it seems that Ogres yield tremendous volumes of leather :

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/257092357827402341/95990F915162ABF0D52CF884DA1544AEBBF0A1D5/

To give an idea:
A butchered Megatherium yields about 306 meat and 68 leather
A butchered Ogre/xenohuman give about 319 meat and  318 leather. Clearly this thing is huge and probably dragging tons of layers of skin around.

Quite the ratio of skin to muscle. It doesn't seem balanced.
Also i'm not sure how I feel about humans chowing down on some mutated hulk of a humanoid that was just firing a rivet gun at them. For cannibals it makes sense though.

Helpful Bot

I am going to edit the precision rifle to no longer shoot explosive rounds and see if the accuracy improves because so far thats one of the only things I can think might be causing the missing behavior.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Rafe009 on September 13, 2016, 09:53:19 PM
Also i'm not sure how I feel about humans chowing down on some mutated hulk of a humanoid that was just firing a rivet gun at them. For cannibals it makes sense though.

Rimsenal Federation Bions actually work the same way. Even better, they actually produce 15 plasteel along with their meat when butchered (to represent their mass-produced, cyborg natures).

ngcq1811

Quote from: Helpful Bot on September 13, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
I am going to edit the precision rifle to no longer shoot explosive rounds and see if the accuracy improves because so far thats one of the only things I can think might be causing the missing behavior.
After I changed it to "bullet" I noticed that its accuracy for moving enemies has improved greatly (almost 100% accurate), however, you will never hit a stationary target or a wall or a poison ship.

Deimos Rast

Well what more can be done? There's the art asset which has no affect on anything (as I've shot guns backwards just fine), the projectile, which we know apparently affects things, and the accuracy curve, which isn't that unusual. There is no forced missed value to account for, and I don't remember if it's inheriting anything unusual.
I think we should turn our energy on this hunter killer spawning business. That sounds like something fun to wildly speculate about. ;D
I tried some experiments (I wasn't joking when I said I was trying to get a molotov to spawn a yorkie) and I have no idea how rooki1 plans on doing it. I'm hoping it's without a plugin, so I can...borrow...it for personal usages. ;D
#StopPluginAbuse