[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

vteam

I think a separate bench for the new weapons and armor is a good idea. Just one will be enough, don't need one for each.

LeBrenStack

Any chance of adding compatibility with Combat Realism as it has gone through it's final release, and I was severely bummed out to realize these two mods are incompatible.

BlueWinds

Quote from: Glitterworld Plant-Boy on May 07, 2016, 05:02:15 PM
Is there a way I can disable raids from specific faction types? I'd love to keep weapons and apparel of your mods and the Glittertech mod but without having to deal with extremely high-tech raids.

Amusing to see this, because I was literally coming here to request the opposite! Any way I can get just the factions without a dependency on the core  (or get a reduced subset of Rimsenal that's enough for the factions, but nothing more)?

I mean, presumably the Federation weaponry is required for Federation raids to make sense, and similarly for improvised weapons / Ferals, but stuff from all the other corporations just clutters things up for me, and I'm having trouble sorting through all the <defs> to figure out what is and isn't needed for the feds.

knainoa

please make a combat realism patch nobody else will

Lady Chaomii

Plays with Jotunheim Challange with a fully random start and ends up in a open area swamp. Eaten by rabbits by the 11th day.

Well that was "Fun." I get the feeling that storyteller wasn't designed with all random starts (Or new players, for that matter) in mind XD

Ashiver

BlueWinds, the simple solution to your problem is to simply not research the "Defense Tech" research.  Unless it really bothers you to have research available you can avoid most of the weapons you don't want at your machining table.  You will still have some melee weapons available at the smithy but only a few, and the feral weapons available.  But if you avoid defense tech research and the research it leads to you will avoid all Greydale weapons and armor, all federation weapons and armor, all shard weapons and armor, and all Jotunheim weapons and armor.

EDIT:  Please don't bother with CR compatibility.  The weapons wouldn't be balanced with it anyway, and I'd much rather see new features or this mod compatible with the July alpha faster which CR will not be compatible with anyway. 

BlueWinds

Ashiver: I can indeed just avoid researching / making things (or remove the recipes/research items from the xml, which is what I actually did), but the trouble there is that they still clutter up traders.

Is there a property I can set (or unset) to make an item not show up in all the various trade caravans/ships? I looked around a bit, but wasn't able to figure one out.

kaptain_kavern

Have you look the files in "\Defs\TraderKindDefs" ?

i'm not sure there is those files in this mod (in fact i haven't use this mod in a while). Sorry

LustrousWolf

Will this mod be updated to A14 or has it been abandoned? :o

EDIT: Seen Rimsenal on the workshop. Although would love for you to update it here? So that when I am playing rimworld with Rimsenal, and I load up the save the next morning and your mod has an update and auto updated and then crashes my save.

Ashiver

Quote from: BlueWinds on July 09, 2016, 11:43:29 PM
Ashiver: I can indeed just avoid researching / making things (or remove the recipes/research items from the xml, which is what I actually did), but the trouble there is that they still clutter up traders.

Is there a property I can set (or unset) to make an item not show up in all the various trade caravans/ships? I looked around a bit, but wasn't able to figure one out.

If you haven't yet found a way to fix your problem I believe I have a solution.  I believe if you add an invalid trader tag to the base parent items that the traders that show up will never make a call for that tag when populating their list.  They might still as I haven't tested it myself but, I have another mod that adds amulets and rings and they never show up on any kind of trader that doesn't call for them.  What you are looking for is the base item in the weapons definitions for each faction, the parent item all the other weapons make a call to.  A trade tag looks like this.

<tradeTags>
         <li>AMU_Amulet</li>
      </tradeTags>

If you open up Weapons_AD for example in your folder Mods\Rimsenal\Defs\ThingDefs the very first entry is the parent entry, the base gun for federation guns.  You can probably add that tag anywhere in between other complete tags, however my other mod places the entry right after a complete thingcategories tag.  You will need to do this for all of the factions of course.  I imagine you can make any sort of unused tradetag entry you like...

<tradeTags>
         <li>IHateCoolGuns</li>
      </tradeTags>

<tradeTags>
         <li>TougherRaidsONLY</li>
      </tradeTags>

<tradeTags>
         <li>VanillaIsMyFavoriteFlavor</li>
      </tradeTags>

..or whatever you want.

Personally I love the weapon variety the mod adds, although I can understand thematic or balance concerns.  After Tynan introduced personal shields I thought the theme felt pretty different, and then he put in mega spiders.  After that I lost a lot of attachment to the vanilla theme since his own stuff doesn't even feel consistent. 

Screech

Please update all those mods for A14. Thanks!

LuciusAnneas

someone has uploaded a version of this and the hair mod to steam - I assume it wasn t the original author, and thought I ld let you know just in case

LustrousWolf

Quote from: LuciusAnneas on July 20, 2016, 07:39:20 AM
someone has uploaded a version of this and the hair mod to steam - I assume it wasn t the original author, and thought I ld let you know just in case

Neither the forum or steam release have been updated so no one can play it all together anyway :P Also, there is a way to fix RimSenal, look in the comments for the mod on the steam workshop :)

LuciusAnneas

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on July 20, 2016, 07:53:27 AM
Does that mean everyone's worst nightmare has rose?...

it means someone has basically taken the mod author's work and posted it under their name - not world shattering but certainly a dick move

additionally it makes the mod look bad because it is a version not totally compatible with the current alpha (all though it seems there is a workaround)

anyway if you cannot see the issue with that I don t think I can help you

Zim777

Rimsenal - Hair pack
work properly on a14 tested
https://www.dropbox.com/s/umbnk9aoney1wuw/Rimsenal_hair_a14.zip?dl=0

Rimsenal - Core
must work properly on a14(fully not tested)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bub37k64riuwo1q/Rimsenal_a14.zip?dl=0

Rimsenal - Security
must work properly on a14(fully not tested)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi4svhcg8s7h5ai/Rimsenal_Security_a14.zip?dl=0

I`ll check other Rimsenal mods and try to change nessesery code to make them work properly on a14.

PS. mods on steam has no connection with me =)