[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Madman666

Thats a cool looking armor there!) Too bad we won't see on anyone till we craft it and equip someone with it. No matter how high my wealth gets - I never seem to get properly armored raiders - they always come with their crappy armor vests and old style helmets at best... They do bring new rimsenal weapons from time to time, but close to no armor. I'd really like to see late game raids having more armored guys (pirates), not just power helmets on 1 or 2 of 20+ fools with peeshooters. Compared to federation nightmarish creations and mutated feral freaks pirates just may as well come naked. Its sad really. Is there a way to make pirates much more well equipped in terms of armor late game?

StormySunrise

Quote from: Madman666 on January 14, 2017, 12:02:57 PM
Thats a cool looking armor there!) Too bad we won't see on anyone till we craft it and equip someone with it. No matter how high my wealth gets - I never seem to get properly armored raiders - they always come with their crappy armor vests and old style helmets at best... I'd really like to see late game raids having more armored guys (pirates) not just power helmets on 1 or 2 of 20+ fools with peeshooters. Compared to federation nightmarish creations and mutated feral freaks pirates just may as well come naked. Its sad really. Is there a way to make pirates much more well equipped in terms of armor late game?

Dont quote me on this but i think you can go into Core and make a seperate pirate entity spawn with the spacer tech level (ass almsot all Fed and other Rimsenal Factions are space-tech besides Ferals) its in Factiondefs

Madman666

Quote from: StormySunrise on January 14, 2017, 12:06:51 PM
Dont quote me on this but i think you can go into Core and make a seperate pirate entity spawn with the spacer tech level (ass almsot all Fed and other Rimsenal Factions are space-tech besides Ferals) its in Factiondefs

So pirates not having full power armor late game is actually tech-level restricted in faction def? I mean they still can rarely bring a guy (about 1 of 20) that has like a power armor helmet, or power suit without a helmet. They also bring spacer-level weapons like charge rifles a lot... So each type of pirate has restricted tech level, like heavy mercenary can have power armor and pirate marksman can't? Or did I get it wrong?

Its just I really like what federation mod's done with it raids - first you get increasing groups of people with small arms, next stage - you start to get either bigger groups of those weaker people with better weapons, or smaller groups, but with peacekeepers, better arms and armor... With pirates you just get more and more meat with usual weapons and utter crap for armor. If only I could remedy that.

Xentor

Hello, very good nice work with the Mod and artwork and all.
but I have a question:
Is it intended that you can not improve / worsen the relations to the factions? (the Parameter is nailed and reacts not to "Diplomacy". (Not even in Dev Mode)

Canute

Some factions are flaged for perma-hostile.
I think federation and ferals are some of them.

ORC_Gaming

I can't help but wonder when the Xeno beasts pack is going to be updated, I miss my pet feather raptor :(... Still though, Good mod. I love the vibro-sword, nice and stabby. Also slashy.

OskarPotocki

Cannot register Verse.ThingWithComps AD_Intercessor1755171, (id=Thing_AD_Intercessor1755171 in loaded object directory. Id already used by Verse.ThingWithComps AD_Intercessor1755171.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LoadedObjectDirectory:RegisterLoaded(ILoadReferenceable)
Verse.CrossRefResolver:ResolveAllCrossReferences()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__736()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Something corrupted my game, and I believe it might be caused by this mod. It just crashed and doesn't let me load the game anymore. Any idea how to fix this? I've tried disabling and enabling the mod, tried loading much earlier saves, nothing worked so far.

rooki1

-

Akabu

1st, thank you for this mod, i love it.
2nd, close combat helmet have melee cooldown offset, but i noticed, that it isn't working.
Description "Melee cooldown: How long it takes to recover after striking with this as a melee weapon." So, maybe it work with weapons only?
Sorry for my english.

just-a-bird

I love your modpack, and great artwork!

One minor annoyance is that your storytellers don't offer the Permadeath option. I was comparing the Defs to those of this mod (which does offer Permadeath), but I couldn't find any difference that should cause that...

KEBW1144

Will we ever see rim beasts come back? Love the art work.

Madman666

New weapons look rather tasty) Thanks for your hard work!)

Trigon

123nick

Quote from: rooki1 on January 19, 2017, 01:54:45 AM
v0.87 updated.

- Updated the Chinese translation by duduluu.

Core
- Revolver added.
- Carbine added.
- Battle rifle added.
- Compound bow added.
- Charge caster added.

Compound bow: A modern compound bow. Fires a high velocity arrow fast.

Revolver: Ancient pattern repeating handgun. It's large caliber ammunition guarantees a great deal of stopping power.

Carbine: Shortened versions of conventional assault rifles. The smaller size and lighter weight of carbines make them easier to handle, ideal for close quarter combat.

Battle rifle: Big cousin of assault rifles, the battle rifles higher-caliber rounds provide greater power and range, though they have have greater weight and produce stronger recoil, making them less than ideal for fully automatic fire.

Charge caster: Usually referred as "GEN 2" or "Charge battle rifle", the charge caster is a heavier variant of the charge rifle. It earned lengthened range and higher punch in exchange for slow fire rate and increased weight.

thanks, but maybe make the extra default, and core stuff, like charge weapons and the exo frame and etc, into its own mod, so other mods that already add in charge weapons and such, dont have duplicate like items.