[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

SpaceDorf

The Combat Androids of the Federation are called Bions because of their Bionic Production.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

zaikman

Call me Arty

Warmer Clothes and Dress Codes for the Federation?

I'm aware that it's not your fault, but it looks like some Federation Auxiliaries are showing up in what I can assume isn't Federation-approved apparel. This mostly happens when I'm attacked on cold maps, which also made me realize that they don't really have any form of cold-weather gear. Is there any way that you could do a quick-fix for them, with some sort of insulated jumpsuit, and a stricter dress code? I know you've got a life and a lot of other mods to deal with, I just thought it was a minor enough of an issue to address.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

I'm thinking you can go into their defs and add in some warmer clothes that are available for them to wear. Or, what I would do myself, find over if their armour pieces that you think would be most appropriate, and adjust the cold insulation. -50 means the pawn wearing it will be able to tolerate another 50 degrees CELSIUS! Don't forget the insulation value is further modified by the apparels quality, if it has it.

You can find me on Discord if you need further help.

Playing with Cold Dessert Nights on B18 means I've definitely had to implement more apparel, flora, and fauna that can handle more extreme temps.

Ruisuki

anyone know the dimension of the new tables added by the mod? Is it the standard 1x3? Or are some in dif sizes?

Call me Arty

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 03, 2018, 11:47:53 PM
anyone know the dimension of the new tables added by the mod? Is it the standard 1x3? Or are some in dif sizes?

Everything's a 1x3.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

Ruisuki

Quote from: Call me Arty on March 04, 2018, 02:10:17 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 03, 2018, 11:47:53 PM

Everything's a 1x3.
I appreciate you

Call me Arty

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 04, 2018, 02:43:13 AM
I appreciate you

That's probably the first time literally anyone's ever told me that. I might print it out and put it on my wall.
Also, no problem.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Call me Arty on March 05, 2018, 02:09:38 AM
I appreciate you

That's probably the first time literally anyone's ever told me that. I might print it out and put it on my wall.
Also, no problem.
I appreciate you
I cherish you
I long for you
I love you

Could I keep going and fill up said wall?

leafzxg

Hello,rooki1, I'd like to know if you have a plan for a faction MOD about the four companies in Rimsenal ? It seems very interesting! :P

Call me Arty

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 05, 2018, 03:22:56 AM
Quote from: Call me Arty on March 05, 2018, 02:09:38 AM
I appreciate you

Also, no problem.
I appreciate you
I cherish you
I long for you
I love you

Could I keep going and fill up said wall?

Nah fam. I appreciate it, but I've got a girlfriend who's got most of that covered. I just never got "appreciated" before.
"I long for you" was a nice touch, though. You live anywhere in the armpit-area of Washington state bb?

Oh crap, we're off-topic. Uhm, all three of the polled expansions/updates sound super cool, and I know I've commented it before, but I really like how the Ferals and Federation have their own focused expansions. I think that there may be enough room and character to the other four factions (Yunwha, Jotun, Tisiphone, Greydale) to justify their own standalone mods. I'm not kidding, if you got the right people on the project, the Rimsenal series could match Rim of Madness (I'd say "rival", but I have to wait and see how cool those Cyber Raptors are before I put them on the same level as Vampire Werewolf Cultists with tentacles and were brought back from the dead).

Ruisuki

Its crazy how much Rimsenal has progressed from when it started. I will echo the comments for a Faction mod starring the 4 weapon manufacturer groups. You've really created quite an ecosystem here rooki, it feels like you could flesh out lore with how much you added.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Hey ya'll, been a spell. I noticed that only the Rimsenal Vanilla weapons have <tools> for built-in melee. Edit: Tried monkeying around in the raws and yeah, it caused some hinky bizniss. My best guess is that Rook1 designated the base 4-pack guns' parent def as "BaseWeapon" rather than "BaseHumanMakeableGun" back prior to the Beta Release and never modded them back, at least not for the dropbox files. I'll monkey around some more and let you know my findings.

Drglord

Also most of the weapons in the dropbox files have no quality and i have added them on my own if anyone is interested. Hope he updates the dropbox files.

sawert42

I have problem with mod "Rimsenal Storyteller pack", if i'm good understand that this yellow one should make less incident and, make more attacks and other stuf like this, and its not doing this in my game, and more i get even more incident, if it helps i have like 40 mods