[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

I'm not sure, to be honest. It's a vanilla feature, so I never bothered with it.

faltonico

One of my pawns had the "GuestDrugPolicy" policy, i cannot delete that policy... i can edit it though. I'm guessing she stayed with that after recruitment, but i really don't remember if she was a guest of mine or not, i can almost bet she wasn't though. The other recruit that i am certain she was a guest reset to "Social Drugs" after i recruited her.

Do guest always reset to "Social Drugs" after recruitment under all circumstances? if she wasn't a guest but a raider why didn't she reset? o.O

Orion

Hm.. It should always reset. That's the idea. If you get their inbuilt policy, something went wrong.

faltonico

Quote from: Orion on May 08, 2017, 03:29:32 AM
Hm.. It should always reset. That's the idea. If you get their inbuilt policy, something went wrong.
I had no related error to that in the log, i only realized when said pawn got malaria, (i have the default policy "Social Drugs" set to penoxycyline every 6 days). I just recruited 2 more pawns and they were normal, no idea what went wrong =/

wreckcelsior

I had a bit of confusion (caused by me) that others may run into, so I thought I would share.

In the Guest tab I saw the "allowable areas" and the "let them buy" and mistakenly thought that the zones I allowed were the shopping zones, so I allowed them to shop from some cabinets and their bedroom that also had some cabinets with goodies. 
(I didn't want them wandering around buying my medicine from under me, so this seemed logical...)

After having guests visit and stay in their bedroom, stress, fight and murder each other, I finally realized why they weren't leaving their bedroom and using the dining room, rec room etc... I reworked the allowable zones to keep them away from the valuables I wanted to keep and now everything is working like a dream... a dream that used to be a self-induced nightmare.

I hope this might help others wondering "Why won't the guests leave their bedroom?"

Apologies if I am repeating anything in the thread.. I only checked the last few pages.

cheers.

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Great idea, thanks for your great work on this mod! I very much think these mechanics should be implemented in the game before the final release, so kudos!

..but I got some kind of trouble strapping the mod to my current savegame.
Here's the log and here's the mod list.

Making a new colony seems fine, though I didn't play much of it, just loaded the fresh game to check if it's working at all, and it is.
I'm guessing it's somehow related to one of the mods I have, but I haven't had time to check wich one is causing the compatibility issue.

Orion

As far as I can tell you can't add Hospitality midgame if you're using the Colony Manager (and vice versa).

ArdenCZ

I have a big problem with this mod... My first guest is leaving, but as he does so, I get infinite "Visitors are leaving" Pop-up... It lags my game to hell and back and he isn't leaving afterwards... Does anyone know, what to do?

Orion

This is like calling a garage and saying "I have a big problem with my car... it's going really slow, what should I do?".

Start by uploading your log. Then I can take a look at what may be the problem. In the meantime check if there's something wrong with your globe. E.g. the faction of the visitor doesn't have any reachable bases or something like that.
Also, go back to an earlier save. Don't continue from a save that is corrupted.

ArdenCZ

Oh, wait, now that you mention it... I specifically chose to settle on a cut-off island to see if I'd get attacked or recive visitors... sorry to bother you

DariusWolfe

Quote from: ArdenCZ on May 16, 2017, 02:06:34 PM
Oh, wait, now that you mention it... I specifically chose to settle on a cut-off island to see if I'd get attacked or recive visitors... sorry to bother you

Is this a new behavior for Hospitality? From what I understand, your location doesn't affect your chances or frequency of getting visitors or attackers in Vanilla, at least as of A16-17.

Orion

Well, hospitality should be able to handle impossible world routes, but it's not, so I will file a bug report for this.

The first visit is driven by RimWorld's event system. Returning visits take distance into account - that's why the error occurs when they leave, not when they arrive.

Canute

I think he mean his mapedge is covered with deep impassable water, then ofcourse noone can leave the map.

ArdenCZ

Jop, that's what I get for wanting a cool island base :D

Circadine

Hey man, love the mod and everything but unfortunately I'm having a bit of a problem I saw others were having last year. Basically, I can't make pawns interact with anything through right click. They'll do things automatically like hauling just fine, but if I try to tell them to do something nothing happens when I right click on an item and/or object. I ended up coming down to the conclusion it was your mod's fault as when it was disabled interaction worked completely fine again in the same save game and for others who had the same problem the same fact was there. As for other mods I have installed it's basically just call of Cthulhu. Was just wondering if there was a fix to this as I am too lazy to sift through the 105 pages of comments/replies.